Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc/BW Time for Escape

Let's talk about... everything else
BeautfulToad

Re: Sorc/BW Time for Escape

Post#11 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 am

I think BW and Sorc could use a little bit of love. Very hard class to master right now.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#12 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:59 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 am I think BW and Sorc could use a little bit of love. Very hard class to master right now.
i reply fo sorc like devs replied me each times i suggested something: class is ok. git gud

Panel

Post#13 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:36 am

As the OP said the problem is not so much the damage of BW/SOrc but that other careers have incrementally come into their territory - the solution it would seem is to buff both of them or nerf those who are closest - both of which are unacceptable i would think. But yes the self damage mechanic seems a bit dated now given that both are no longer the pinnacle of dps

CountTalabecland

Post#14 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 pm

The classes are balanced fine as they are.

The massive amount of ST dmg available through dots, especially for sorc, are more than a fair trade for the escape tools they have.

The dmg burst for both classes would need to be nerfed if they became harder to catch.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

BeautfulToad

Post#15 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Panel wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:36 am As the OP said the problem is not so much the damage of BW/SOrc but that other careers have incrementally come into their territory - the solution it would seem is to buff both of them or nerf those who are closest - both of which are unacceptable i would think. But yes the self damage mechanic seems a bit dated now given that both are no longer the pinnacle of dps
I personally think lowest level should not have a risk of self-damage, and it should increase from the second level onwards. Whether this is changing the mechanic to include a first level or changing the current grading system, I don't know.

MedV

Post#16 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:38 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:14 pm The classes are balanced fine as they are.

The massive amount of ST dmg available through dots, especially for sorc, are more than a fair trade for the escape tools they have.

The dmg burst for both classes would need to be nerfed if they became harder to catch.
The "Massive" damage you are talking about only applies to unguarded players without a healer to cleanse. Any good team will just cleanse and absorb your damage. Now you are left with a wet noodle who dies when touched and self damages.

With ranked coming out and having BIS gear, jewels, event slot etc I think its time to help Sorc/BW as they are the only classes that cant effectively play ranked.
The King.

Mruvka

Post#17 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 pm

In game, ask the player "Frozenover" to do a tutorial video showing all Sorceress players how to kite. Probably the only Sorceress my roaming WL consistently chokes on.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

merfp27

Post#18 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am

As much as I would love to see BW/Sorc get some love, I fear too many people have PTSD from their glory days on live. Nothing triggers folks more than being blown up at range before having a chance to react.

There’s a ton of stuff the Devs could do to improve them (see Sorcs useless 13 point abilities and M4s), but like someone already said, they feel they’re fine.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#19 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:48 am

merfp27 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am As much as I would love to see BW/Sorc get some love, I fear too many people have PTSD from their glory days on live. Nothing triggers folks more than being blown up at range before having a chance to react.

There’s a ton of stuff the Devs could do to improve them (see Sorcs useless 13 point abilities and M4s), but like someone already said, they feel they’re fine.
they never had any attention in last 7 years you expect them to get it now?

Meliannia

Post#20 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Nonsense.

BW maybe needs some love. Sorc is off the scale esp since the Gms/devs culled its natural predator the WL in various weekly nerf attcks a while back and thus just like in nature when u remove the natural predator, the vermin flourishes, that's why theres 4 times the amount of sorcs about.

if the class needed help why has it quadrupled in numbers?

why do an army of Destro tanks and healers promise to die irl if they allow 1 sorc to be killed by order? And hang around the sorc like flies round,,, honey,,,, moving with her like a mobile pack of star struck pop fans.

when every scenario u got sorcs 13 to 25 Kbs no deaths and tanks and healers throwing themselves in front of arrows, blades, fireballs., just to keep the sorc on 0 deaths and dozens of KBs frm the 4 to 7k insta Quads (soon as you hear the bats of chillwind you know WoP, Gloom etc gonna come calling)

If Bws hit for 4k to 7k insta quads then OP would have more of a point, but Bws are lucky to crit for 2k on a good day and their aoe dmg looks good but its just fluff that's outhealed by destro healers, u cant outheal a Sorc's Quadinstacrit, coz u cant outheal Death. yet another destro ability that insta kills order every 30 secs along with mobile maru pull and mobile GTDC

there are BW players in Order now playing their alt destro sorcs as theyve given up on their SoV geared 80 BW coz their lev 28 sorc is hitting for more damage. Heard this a lot in last 2months

Granted, Solo sorcs are still fodder, but i dont know many destro who would be foolish enough to run around solo as a sorc, coz ud be a victim. If you ever see a sorc then look for the 4 tanks and 3 healers that have sworn an oath to suicide irl if they sorc dies. Casperion, MrGlass, Gloom, Nemesis, FrozenOver, Nebelung, Frostwitch et al....

Srry sorc needs nothing. Spin on.