Recent Topics

Ads

New Player - No point to oRvR Destro?

Let's talk about... everything else
Fenris78

Re: New Player - No point to oRvR Destro?

Post#11 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:26 am

Last weeks = 55/45 order favoured, at best, taking one zone at a time with appropriate resistance.

Last night = 70/30 Destru favoured, PvEing multiple zones at a time and zero resistance.

Tbh I prefer less unbalanced situations ; at least you can do something when "only" outnumbered with 40% aao.

Zerging with twice or trice the numbers without any fight is totally meaningless and not fun for anyone. Same for hardcore Destru premade stomping Order pug in cities, it's not fun for any side either.

Time to change the mindset and learn to switch sides at the appropriate time. Massive inbalance like last night is toxic for fun.

I never saw Order outnumbering Destru by x2 or x3 last couple of months. There was always a Brodda or a FoW wb to defend and retake zones after EU players gone to sleep. Yesterday it was just meaningless Red zerg, leading to a mere 7x Altdorf 5* instances after weeks of Order pushing 1-2* IC.

All for that result, many destru probably whining about not getting into city, etc. while hardcore premades stomping over 100% Order pugs since no leader to build any org wb...

Sad times really. :/

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:37 am

Henta1Lettuc3 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:51 am Hi all.

Been playing for about a week now and got to level 30 as a Black Orc.

Every time i try oRvR to get my rr up....its just an order zerg double or tribble the destro size wiping the map and keeps.

Did I just pick the week all destro players went on vacation or is oRvR just not something I can do as Destro?
It goes in waves, destro is popular, order is popular. In a week or month, destro will be popular.

You can still farm rr with high aao, but certain levels are very bad for it. Basically, you try and roam in smaller parties and pick off the other side's supply runners, etc. It is actually a decent learning curve for new players.

Amdus

Post#13 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:10 pm

Order outnumbering destro by 2:1 has been happening for 4 or 5 months atleast. The pop in the website is not a reliable argument because during EU nights or NA peak, destro simply goes PvE, literal PvE like BB/BE, BS etc...

We all know what happens during NA times when destro fails a siege with 40-60% AAO. Even if I try to rally guildies or pugs, after that point nobody in destro wants to play RvR. RvR lakes become 6-man or loner destros vs 4-5 order zerg 24-man wb's.

ArtAshoak

Post#14 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:33 am honestly the same ppl that got order toons got destro ones aswell. Last year map was permared, today is permawhite. Yesterday night was red again. that is how things go.
I’m having the same problem as the OP.

It’s hard to feel motivated to get my first character to max level when nearly every scenario is an order premade and every time I go to ORvR the aao is 60-100%

Would it be better to max out a character on order side until the pendulum swings the other way? I just am frustrated 70-80% of the time with destro in both scs and rvr just getting totally spanked.

Id prefer to have loyalty to the underdog but I never see detro forming sc premades and if there’s ever a successful warband in rvr it’s closed and I can’t participate.

Should I just tough it out and get my BO to 40 and hope that destro is on top by then?

CyunUnderis

Post#15 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:53 pm

ArtAshoak wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm Id prefer to have loyalty to the underdog but I never see detro forming sc premades and if there’s ever a successful warband in rvr it’s closed and I can’t participate.

Just make a SC party. Each time I'll log, I make one.

10mn later (depending of the time of the day) you have a full group. This is faster when you play a tank or a heal.

Don't be discouraged ;)

Marchmain

Post#16 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 am

Henta1Lettuc3 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:10 pm So, later into the day Order seemed to fade away and it was just destruction on the map.

Managed to kill some keep lords, cool experience.

I guess its just an eb and flow of which side is zerging and which is absent.
Eb and Flow is definitely the way to describe this game. When I first came back as order my first 2 or 3 days doing scenarios (which is usually my preferred play style) was miserable. I was like "Did I make a mistake? Are order just trash?" after that things smoothed out and now I have good matches and bad matches.

wonshot

Post#17 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:09 am

ArtAshoak wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm ... if there’s ever a successful warband in rvr it’s closed and I can’t participate...

Should I just tough it out and get my BO to 40 and hope that destro is on top by then?
Hey,

Just this part of your message caught my attention, and I hope my advice can give you some comfort.
This is an MMO and an older one. It has the brackets of progression where you start as underdog, push through the progression curve and climb to the top of a bracket just to enter a new and repeat a gain. This mostly goes for the level 1-40 process. So after lvl 40 more of these closed warbands will be more accesable to you. Im sure you might have seen some of them in LFG channel saying stuff like "lfg 2 tank 2 healers. discord required"

That is by nomeans to exclude you, but simply to get a good exprience and performance for the members involved. You probbly know by now how annoying it is as BO tank to chase random groupmembers who are never near eachother. Closed warbands provide such dicipline where people are running together, fighting and dieing together.

I would advice you to stick it out, get to 40. Join some of these closed warbands, or build your own open warband. Get a taste for what is required and push to overcome the hard bracket you might be in.
Joining a guild is also a good way to get invited to more activities such as scenarios and warbands.
GL out there!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

mynban

Post#18 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:48 am

We have to realize this is a behavioral situation that results from each individual doing what's best for them.

Dev created a system where the most beneficial thing for an individual to do is joining zerg instead of joining underpopulated side.

The only way to fix this situation is number of bags multiplying by AAO for the side with less pop. This would make best thing for the individual to join fight for the under pop side.

But seeing all the bad decisions lately dev team clearly have no intention of making decisions based on what kind of new player behaviour it will lead to, instead they have been going by how think things should be like.

Ranked solo discord issue very clear example, another one how last season they added an official command that allowed people fighting lower brackets.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#19 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:33 am

what about remove the amazon create simulator from t2+ area and let em generate passively resources for keep, while peoples focus more on holding them/defending bo and getting little to no renown outside of bo area BUT a lot more in bo area? And concerning AAO, make elite mobs spawn in favour of losing faction around the map to :| the overwhelming faction starting at 200%aao.

shoelessHN

Post#20 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:33 am what about remove the amazon create simulator from t2+ area and let em generate passively resources for keep, while peoples focus more on holding them/defending bo and getting little to no renown outside of bo area BUT a lot more in bo area? And concerning AAO, make elite mobs spawn in favour of losing faction around the map to :| the overwhelming faction starting at 200%aao.
That's how BOs used to work but it was deemed too much fun, thus the amazon simulator.