Recent Topics

Ads

Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Let's talk about... everything else
thefarthestland2

Re: Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Post#11 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:06 pm

about slayer:
that's what happens when you don't solve an obvious problem...it gets bigger and bigger, to the point of eating up the space of other classes in the game.

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks for taking the efforts in making this. Very visual and easy to understand.

Data like this, is what i assumed and expected when i first heard about Realm Champs getting chosen between ranked seasons. We dont know if the Devs are gathering and useing statistics like this. But there are some outliners here that could be dug into, and people getting asked questions such as "why is slayer so overrepresentated" "Why so few BOs" etc
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

BeautfulToad

Post#13 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 pm

Very interesting graphs, thanks for taking the time to produce them.

Though for slayer, it shows around 60%(?) of the slayers make it to the top 100. On that metric, Sorc actually does okay, looks like around 90% of Sorcs make it to top 100. Not saying anything is OP, just that these stats can be read a number of ways.

Sorc, AM, Magus and Engi look like they do alright. Of the players who play them in ranked solo, nearly all make it to top 100.

Hopefully, we can have a good discussion about them.

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:22 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 pm Very interesting graphs, thanks for taking the time to produce them.

Though for slayer, it shows around 60%(?) of the slayers make it to the top 100.

No, it shows that of the total 100 or 200 top ranked players, +60% of Order DPS are Slayers.

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 pmOn that metric, Sorc actually does okay, looks like around 90% of Sorcs make it to top 100. Not saying anything is OP, just that these stats can be read a number of ways.
Sorc, AM, Magus and Engi look like they do alright. Of the players who play them in ranked solo, nearly all make it to top 100.

Hopefully, we can have a good discussion about them.

Added total population and made some additional graphs on the OP, to better reflect the comparison you are talking about:
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:26 pm

However not every class is doing equally well..
When looking at the % of the ranked population from each class that made it in to Top 100/200, we can see some classes are doing better than others.
And yes, Sorc does very well, same % in the Top 100 as Knights and only beaten by Slayers.
Looking at this it tells me that a class with a lower population, but a good % in top 100/200 is better equipped for 6v6 but not generally as desirable in other content (AMs, Sorc) and a class with a low % in top and low population is not as suitable or demanded in most content (WH, BW, Magus), which I suppose aligns with general consensus of the classes.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Fenris78

Post#15 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:27 am

Guess I got unlucky then : only got BW + SW running away from their tanks when focused. I only won one game on the preseason and it was with a wp and a slayer.

Guess your "dream team" is the way to go, sadly :/ .

Asherdoom

Post#16 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:27 am Guess I got unlucky then : only got BW + SW running away from their tanks when focused. I only won one game on the preseason and it was with a wp and a slayer.

well actually ranked are a waste of time. like me with sorc and SW i suggest you focus with guild mates on cities. much more rewarding and less stressful. If devs are incompetent in balancing around 6v6 just avoid that content and live happy =)

BluIzLucky

Post#17 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:03 am

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am
Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:27 am Guess I got unlucky then : only got BW + SW running away from their tanks when focused. I only won one game on the preseason and it was with a wp and a slayer.

well actually ranked are a waste of time. like me with sorc and SW i suggest you focus with guild mates on cities. much more rewarding and less stressful. If devs are incompetent in balancing around 6v6 just avoid that content and live happy =)
Hahaha.. sorry you feel that way.. ranked and organized city is the most enjoyable content for me at the moment, it's fun most of the time and provides great learning opportunities and some amount of good "stress" :)

For a game that's not balanced around 6v6, the fact that there's 14 classes (SH to EN) in the 2-4% range, only 4 over-performers and 6 under-performers, means that most of the time playing most classes you can have a fairly decent game, since you are not gonna be up against the top 200 in perfect composition every game.

Sorcs are doing quite well in ranked, so if you wanted to get into ranked, you might just want to chat to some of the top tier ranked sorcs for builds, etc., it will still be stressful but having the right build and gear will at least make it "fun" stress.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:44 am

We will see how many WH, BW, BO make it over 1k mmr these season in comparison to Slayer, RP, BG. Maybe they don't try hard enough. :D
Sry folks no BIS for u.
Last edited by ufthakk on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Illuminati

Post#19 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:44 am

Now the data is visible, now what? Would love to play my Choppa again in ranked without getting hate mail.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:22 am

And yes, Sorc does very well, same % in the Top 100 as Knights and only beaten by Slayers.
Looking at this it tells me that a class with a lower population, but a good % in top 100/200 is better equipped for 6v6 but not generally as desirable in other content (AMs, Sorc) and a class with a low % in top and low population is not as suitable or demanded in most content (WH, BW, Magus), which I suppose aligns with general consensus of the classes.
Yes, 100%. Also, certain classes have a perception of being weak, or has mechanic to make it hard to master (Sorc). And for whatever reason maybe fewer make it to rr80 than slayers, etc.

Also worth remembering that SCs range from 6v6 to 24v24, so ranked solo is probably not entirely representative of SCs as a whole, but the numerical analysis is really interesting to see.

Personally, I think locking gear behind 6v6 will naturally benefit certain classes, and maybe devs should think about that aspect, perhaps looking for other ways to get triumphant emblems outside of 6v6.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.