Recent Topics

Ads

AM vs Shaman?

Let's talk about... everything else
Luckylancer

AM vs Shaman?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Hello I am a new player. I can't decide between those two classes: AM SH. Also I could not find a video that dissect the diffences between sibling classes like AM-SH or Zealot-Runepriest. May you help me about this?

I will play without friends with irregular intervals. So I have to rely on randomies I bumb in to for nearly all the time. Which class suits this kind of social situation?

Ads
Bozzax

Re: AM vs Shaman?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Zele / RP ppl will pick you up
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

havartii

Post#3 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:36 pm

Biggest difference is that AM cast HeX that shaman cant cleanse. So the damage over time cannot be removed unless from another healer such as zealot or DoK. AM can cleanse all shaman abilities. Seems fair :lol:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

mynban

Post#4 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:51 am

Shaman kites 10x better than AM, so better at solo roaming. But if what you want is more group oriented, what you want is zealot or rp

havartii

Post#5 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:17 am

How does shaman kite better? They had that tactic nerfed. 25% chance to proc with a long cooldown is really not very good. Most shamans do not even use it anymore because of the very low proc rate and there are better tactics. Both get a puddle and access to 2 knockbacks. I would argue AM is now the stronger of the 2 classes. Both have had survivability nerfed pretty bad. I would recommend picking a different heal class unless you know it well or really like a challenge.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Toggle

Post#6 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Healing wise, there is no real difference between AM/shaman. All the heals are the same except for 1. Shaman gets a ST HoT that increases toughness. In that same slot, AM gets a ST channeled heal.

For the damage spec, someone above already covered the fact that AM can cleanse shaman while shaman can’t cleanse AM. Shaman has 3 DoTs, a casted dmg ability that debuffs, and then the channeled laser beam. AM gets 4 DoTs and the beam. There are some other small differences as well. But it’s basically a wash.

Depending on when you are able to play, AM/shaman might be a great class for you to pick. I used to main zealot/RP, but I got tired of spamming all the time looking for groups. Playing AM/shaman allows me to join organized groups as a healer but also have a spec I can solo on should I not feel like spamming /5 looking for a group. That’s not the case with zealot/RP.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 am

AM survivability still does not hold a candle to what shaman has. You don't need **** movement speed when you have auto detaunt, an aoe detaunt that lasts twice as long as AMs by default and increases dodge/disrupt for its duration, and a 240+ toughness hot.

AM survivability ain't **** compared to shaman

Sinisterror

Post#8 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:57 am

Cqengi wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 am AM survivability still does not hold a candle to what shaman has. You don't need **** movement speed when you have auto detaunt, an aoe detaunt that lasts twice as long as AMs by default and increases dodge/disrupt for its duration, and a 240+ toughness hot.

AM/SH aoe detaunt both last 10 seconds. AM 's tooltip of aoe detaunt doesnt mention it just 5 sec setback immunity but detaunt is 10 seconds like shaman. Auto detaunt tactic is very nice but so is run between worlds tactic u can detaunt 100 % of the time and for the full 50 % not 25 %. Still i do find playing shaman healer smoother but AM is better with AP even after nerfing wild healing to 35%. I think they should revert change of am drain back to 10 sec CD gaining 140-180 ap but only draining 70-90 ap.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:36 am

Cqengi wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 am AM survivability still does not hold a candle to what shaman has. You don't need **** movement speed when you have auto detaunt, an aoe detaunt that lasts twice as long as AMs by default and increases dodge/disrupt for its duration, and a 240+ toughness hot.

Don't look on tooltip only, play them. AM AOE detaunt is way better. Auto detaunt costs a tactic slot, pretty much like speed tactic. Having to invest tactic slots is a fair trade for it.
Dying is no option.