Recent Topics

Ads

Off Topic: BOOKS

Let's talk about... everything else
GPMonz3524

Off Topic: BOOKS

Post#1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:05 am

Recently finished all the Warhammer Dwarf books. Thought most of them were amazing.

Want to start reading Sigmar/Empire/ or maybe some warrior priest books.

Anyone know which ones to read that are great? I went on wiki and seems like theyre a lot of them dont know which ones are worth it or not.

Thank you

Ads
FinduilAsuryan

Re: Off Topic: BOOKS

Post#2 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:48 pm

The Witch Hunter Trilogy is pretty nice - the decisions the characters make are sometimes questionable but overall all three were a good read with lots of undead and skaven and some grandfatherish action even:)

There was something with Lizardmen as well, ok-ish, forgot if there was any Gotrek in it:) - same with Ulrica the Vamp, that was good.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

szejoza

Post#3 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:16 pm

It's been quite some time since I read most of these so bear in mind my memories are filtered by few years of not touching warhammer literature :D

First off and I suggest it for everyone that would like to know a general idea of the warhammer world are The Gotrek and Felix novels (short stories as well, but I wasn't a big fan of most of them). These are a good 'walkthrough' through world of warhammer without getting into too much detail about specific faction but good enough to hook you up on them. First novels by W.King were great, the rest well mostly 'meh' or 'fine' but for one time read good enough. From here on I started treading into factions that intersted me the most and first one was empire and boy, was I disappointed

Starting from the best - Blackhearts novels were fun, cliche sometimes but fun nevertheless. As for the worse... Empire Army series was like a novels created specifically to introduce you to a range of miniatures instead of providing compelling story (I believe most major factions had those kind of novels in their range). Good for getting the feeling and point of view of simple soldier in most cases.
Chronicles and Generals were a bit lengthy for me, both could be cut in half as in about half of each of the book you could pretty much excpect what will happen.
I remember I read Deamons Gate trilogy but for the love of Sigmar I can't recall what these were about - it doesn't sound promising..
Knight of the Blazing Sun was okayish - but I might be blinded by the fact I mained KOTBS in the game for most of my time

And imho if you are interested in empire lore you should read Vampire books as well, there's so many past events, locations, etc. connected to Empire you will not feel detached from reading it. Von Carsteins are a good read and anyway - Sylvania is(more like was) one of empire provinces ;)

If you are into human (but not Empire) related books then Florin and Lorenzo is a nice trilogy (especially the first one)
Spoiler:

space44

Post#4 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:21 pm

books make warm fires in the winter.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Xirucio

Post#5 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:34 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Empire-Wa ... 1789990416
This should be a nice omnibus on empire.

FinduilAsuryan

Post#6 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:26 pm

Yep, Florin and Lorenzo, those were nice.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

normanis

Post#7 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:24 pm

name of books and writters, thx
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"