Recent Topics

Ads

Destro daily zerg

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Re: Destro daily zerg

Post#91 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Nolofinwe wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:05 pm
Garamore wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:47 pm Just completed the 5 keeps/forts on destro - only managed 23 kills.....
I have taken/defended 0 keeps and/or forts so far, lost like... 6 or 7 already? But hey, I got the rest of the weekly objectives done! yay for order...
Last week I was able to finally complete my first RvR weekly on Order since the whole thing started. But I had to really focus on playing one character at the all the right times and, quite frankly, I got lucky a couple of times and was able to join some well organized WB (e.g. Trippie, Kpi) so were able to stuff Destro on a some defenses / take zones.

Pretty sure I could hit the marker on multiple destro alts in a week given the same play time.

Ads
messerjockel

Post#92 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:30 pm

As I wrote earlier, I am playing NA Destro.

It is nice that we have most of the time more player than order.
If we would not, for example a 50/50 pop Destro would lose constantly.

Destro has good leaders and pug WB that everybody can join the fights but order leaders are in my opinion better or let me say, they know what is important. Additionally they have good WB with a lot of players in end game equipment.
Somebody said it I think yesterday or the day before, destro loses always focus and puts kills over flipping BO and lock the zone.
For example BFP bugman or the tavern in tala/HP. Destro tries to get in and sometimes it works but only under high loses.
Than they go in, flip the flag and leave…….hello, why are you leaving?…. best defensive position on the map and easy to hold against much more player on the other side.

Another thing I cannot wrap my head around. Destro keep at 2 star, question comes up, are we going to siege, answer is yes and at least one or two say that we need to block keep before we spawn the ram. A minute later somebody spawns the ram and as you know it, only a small amount of players are actually blocking the keep and all others running to the ram spawn.meanwhile order WBs walk uncontested into the keep.

I hope that some NA Destro reading this post and learn a bit about tactic, defensive position and what to do before a siege starts.

BR

Messerjockel.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#93 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:48 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:12 pm
Garamore wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:47 pm Just completed the 5 keeps/forts on destro - only managed 23 kills.....
I have taken/defended 0 keeps and/or forts so far, lost like... 6 or 7 already? But hey, I got the rest of the weekly objectives done! yay for order...
Last week I was able to finally complete my first RvR weekly on Order since the whole thing started. But I had to really focus on playing one character at the all the right times and, quite frankly, I got lucky a couple of times and was able to join some well organized WB (e.g. Trippie, Kpi) so were able to stuff Destro on a some defenses / take zones.

Pretty sure I could hit the marker on multiple destro alts in a week given the same play time.
Sadly i have not finished the quest once since the changes on my order toons. I finish them in two days on my destro :)
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

tazdingo

Post#94 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:28 am

the ranged/melee disparity feels like a natural and almost designed part of the game. i only really play tanks and have been playing a lot of sc on both sides since the war crest change and noticed something pretty interesting

on order it feels like i just have to do my job and that our ranged are the guys who are actually gonna win the fight for us. as long as i prevent them from getting overwhelmed they will make all of the moves to actually defeat the enemy. i don't have to take any initiative, my job is to react to stuff

on destro it's the complete opposite, it feels like it's my job to make the plays to actually win the thing. if i just play reactive then basically nothing will happen, ranged are simply there to assist dps and won't/can't take initiative. i have to initiate all aggression and set up kills or we just get pasted

order also seems to rely on mdps more with aggressive and ballsy slayer/wl often leading things whilst destro relies heavily on having one really good healer who can carry the whole thing. order heals are often incredibly passive and flighty whilst destro mdps refuse to do anything if a tank isn't glued to them

Scottx125

Post#95 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:39 am

nurse3766 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:25 pm you realize this is order toons xrelming for free bags right? it happens to both sides. it happens almost every seige. dont take those number too seriously. pick the side you like or do like i did, pick the side thats willing to group up and do stuff. ill keep on puggin on whichever side is pug friendly, which right now is destro.
Everyone knows it's xrealmers. The numbers aren't irrelevant. When you get to 30-70%. On either side, it's pretty unplayable for the weaker side in RvR. I only play Order. The problem isn't really population, it's zerging. If players weren't able to blob and put their numbers together to deathball anything that comes in their path. Everything would be fine. I've been in organised warbands where every time we come across a Destro warband they'll be 2-3 other warbands pug or organised following behind them. And there's nothing you can do against that, especially when sometimes there's only one zone open. SoR removal would help to this end, making it harder for the zerg to find smaller warbands allowing for more hit and run tactics and zone splitting. It would also encourage people to talk more in region to find out what's going on. I'd also advocate for a 100ft-200ft area debuff/buff like in LOTD (without the lag..) so that 1-2 WB's can have a fighting chance against a 2-4 WB zerg.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

daje88

Post#96 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:39 am The numbers aren't irrelevant. When you get to 30-70%. On either side, it's pretty unplayable for the weaker side in RvR.
I found the game extremely boring also if you're on the strong side when there's more than 20/40% aao
Spoiler:

Garamore

Post#97 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:13 pm

Put the lockout in-between scheduled cities. Makes people pick a side and stick for a bit. If it ends up as a massive zerg on one side then its only 3 days and the xreamlers can switch.

Right now people are flip flopping to whoever does not have AAO to complete the weekly. This leads to a daytime destro zerg and an EU prime time zerg. Last night was 80% AAO to destro and still the xreamlers stayed on order. Daytime today is 80% aao to order and everyone is zerging to cap keeps on destro.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Sylosis

Post#98 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:42 pm

If the issue really does ultimately boil down to the weekly, why not change the Keeps defended/taken task to renown gained? With AAO and Wartorn Apathy already built in this could (hopefully) discourage zerging/PvD and give the faction with AAO a reason to fight. In addition, it can be gained from all ORvR activities: running boxes, flipping BOs, kills, keep defense tick, keep capture tick, etc.

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#99 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:52 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:48 am
Aethilmar wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Sadly i have not finished the quest once since the changes on my order toons. I finish them in two days on my destro :)
Spawn more rams then... destro pugs go through rams like toilet paper even when numbers are even just to attenpt the weekly

its fun watching them its like waves hitting a wall

While order will get 2 stars and continue to blob boxes until they log off. Never a dull sight to see a full 24 turn in 4-5 boxes just to be afraid to siege
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Onemantankwall

Post#100 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm

messerjockel wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:15 pm My 2 cent.
I am playing NA Destro.

In my opinion and I know not everybody on the destro side likes to hear that is that order achieves a lot with lower population.
Is it better organization, better classes, perfect WB‘s and therefor less pug WB‘s i don’t know but they do.
When I see 50/50 I know order pushes destro. Destro needs to defeat order much higher pop advantage of a minimum of 52/48 and order is still doing a great job, even if the pop is more to their disadvantage. Some could say numbers are a main contributor for current Orvr but order proofs daily that not everything is about number advantage.

BR

Messerjockel
This is because order mains will play a single toon to 80+ not touch a alt and log that toon every single night and run with the rest of their one toon bis clique.

While sure this is great for kill farming the pugs on their alts when caught alone,
nothing will stop those same pugs chasing you down with more numbers.

NA order is a lost cause when it comes to getting anything going because
1. No one wants to play with each other!! They split up into their sweaty squads and never interract with each other until city defense.

2. This antisocial behavior leads to a amazing amount of salt towards the rest of the community and no 1 wants to play with people who insult and rage at them.

3. Theres no pug and alt friendly guilds. Theres wwwwwaayyy too many amount of guilds that at most has only 6 on (usually the same toons every single night) and these guilds have absolutely no interest with interacting with other people because they simply cant play nice with others and there becomes too much infighting.

4. Theres absolutely no interest to siege unless destro has 180% aao. Why would i risk my k/ds if i cant hide on a wall and rof/shell/fester. So I'll hide out till destro ram shows up then i can farm those filthy lowbies!!!

Last time i bothered to interact in /t4 on order and gather people the ones who didnt put me on ignore told me to box run in reikland and to let destro pvdoor tm because "whats the point of dieing" all but a small guild didnt wanna put actual effort into rvring in a RVR GAME.

Now those who are left rotting on order are mad that the ones they shunned to destro is now using numbers to interrupt their Boxhammer Online experience.

But hey, least your k/d ratio is emaculent on the single toon you got passed rr60!
Last edited by Onemantankwall on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!