Ads

Mark of Remarking proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
wachlarz

Re: Mark of Remarking proposal

Post#11 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 am

Plen wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:05 am
wachlarz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:46 pm
Dabbart wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:13 pm Actually, yes. Save the cast for when you might actually benefit from it. It's pretty rare that you'd want to rezz in the same place you died, without waiting awhile, and that wait will often be the time needed for someone to rezz you in a safe location. So hold the CD.

No one told you not to heal though... why would you not heal?

Same with your 50% reduced damage. Save it for when you don't have guard/detaunt, ie when you actually need it.

Be aware that your marks get Shattered first in combat, and reapply them as needed when you have spare GcD. Use that to help hide the more important stuff.

TLDR, yes you need to use your CDs when appropriate.

Also, it's Mark of Remaking. Not Remarking.
I dont know when i will be focused by 2 bw and die. 50% reducet damage dont have 10m cd and i think cant be removeed.
Well if you tracked BB/WOP on Enemy like any sane healer(not even just a healer i feel every archetype should track this.)then you would know exactly when you're being focused by 2 bw/sorc and potentially die.
And ofc U have binded on button skill that have 10m cd - skill autorez, and u have inhuman reflex to use it, and ofc U reze all the time :D

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#12 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:00 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 am And ofc U have binded on button skill that have 10m cd - skill autorez, and u have inhuman reflex to use it, and ofc U reze all the time :D
In game with 1.5sc GCD, this is quite easy. Think this mark/rune as any panic button you will use when you are in danger, like a potion, your -50% reduction damage, your M2 + Flee + AP pot, etc ...

Plen

Post#13 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 am
Plen wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:05 am
wachlarz wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:46 pm

I dont know when i will be focused by 2 bw and die. 50% reducet damage dont have 10m cd and i think cant be removeed.
Well if you tracked BB/WOP on Enemy like any sane healer(not even just a healer i feel every archetype should track this.)then you would know exactly when you're being focused by 2 bw/sorc and potentially die.
And ofc U have binded on button skill that have 10m cd - skill autorez, and u have inhuman reflex to use it, and ofc U reze all the time :D
Yes?

You should have every button on your bar bound. In regards to the second point It sounds like you need to be more proactive as opposed to being a reactive healer. There is many indicators as to who is going to be taking damage next, whether that is a sorc/bw rotation(which you can track, and takes time) or its seeing mdps literally running at you, or a group member.

malmar

Post#14 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:50 pm

Some people really don't understand sarcasm :)

I would agree with OP, all marks should be permanent. Aura from dok/wp is permanent, and so is aura from knight/chosen. Give same treatment to all healers.

Cyrylius

Post#15 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:29 am

I really think that first reaction to getting countered by someone who knows your skills and methods to negate their impact should be trying to improve, not asking for a buff. Totally unrelated to the discussion ofc.
As a matter of fact, both dok covenants and chosen auras are toggles, marks are enchantments. That's the only reason why both count as buffs for the purposes of stripping them. The only buff you can place on other player is guard and I don't think marks are a mechanic of the same magnitude.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sinisterror

Post#16 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:10 am

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:29 am I really think that first reaction to getting countered by someone who knows your skills and methods to negate their impact should be trying to improve, not asking for a buff. Totally unrelated to the discussion ofc.
As a matter of fact, both dok covenants and chosen auras are toggles, marks are enchantments. That's the only reason why both count as buffs for the purposes of stripping them. The only buff you can place on other player is guard and I don't think marks are a mechanic of the same magnitude.
10 min CD makes sense on how it worked Live and should be reverted to work here in RoR as well! Live you would use Mark of Remaking as First self buff to apply on yourserlf. Then after that Sorc buffs and Shaman Resis buff. At that point you would have Self ress, 2x sorc grp buffs and shaman grp resis buff. All shatter's to come would be aiming to destroy that FIRST buff, self-ress. Mostly useless skills become useful again to throw as much buffs to cover that Self-Ress so that enemy never shatters enough to get through your buff wall to the self-ress.

That way it makes much more sense on what/how shattering works. Reverse it to original pls=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Dabbart

Post#17 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:18 am

Wait... you WANT the last applied Buff to be the first removed?! Are you high? So instant Rampage removals? That would apply to cleansing too y'know. That means instant cleansing of BB/WoP as well as other abilities...

First on first off actually makes sense. Last on first off makes dot/debuff/Buff based classes terrible. Which is why it was changed to begin with, same with all the other horrible **** from Live we got rid off.

Edit: not everything removed was horrible. I really miss RD/CW...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sinisterror

Post#18 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:41 am

Dabbart wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:18 am Wait... you WANT the last applied Buff to be the first removed?! Are you high? So instant Rampage removals? That would apply to cleansing too y'know. That means instant cleansing of BB/WoP as well as other abilities...

First on first off actually makes sense. Last on first off makes dot/debuff/Buff based classes terrible. Which is why it was changed to begin with, same with all the other horrible **** from Live we got rid off.
Not instant anything if your grp piles up buffs before you use rampage. There is alot of buffs slayer himself can use to cover for rampage. Fierceness,even the odds,gudrun warcry and then rampage along with your healers hots and tanks/your own buffs you just need to bury important buffs under less important buffs. Lets say Slayer has 15s Hot on him first, then,warcry,even the odds,fierceness and Rampage. Hot is first that gets shattered, doesnt matter if it has 10s or 1s left. Then Warcry is shattered,lets say even the odds expires and then you Shatter Fierceness AND LASTLY RAMPAGE is shattered.

First buff casted is the last buff that is shattered, and if its important buff, then all spam every hot and buff/passives on def target so there is more "bad buffs " to go thru to get to the good buffs=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Dabbart

Post#19 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Spoiler:
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:41 am
Dabbart wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:18 am Wait... you WANT the last applied Buff to be the first removed?! Are you high? So instant Rampage removals? That would apply to cleansing too y'know. That means instant cleansing of BB/WoP as well as other abilities...

Not instant anything if your grp piles up buffs before you use rampage. There is alot of buffs slayer himself can use to cover for rampage. Fierceness,even the odds,gudrun warcry and then rampage along with your healers hots and tanks/your own buffs you just need to bury important buffs under less important buffs. Lets say Slayer has 15s Hot on him first, then,warcry,even the odds,fierceness and Rampage. Hot is first that gets shattered, doesnt matter if it has 10s or 1s left. Then Warcry is shattered,lets say even the odds expires and then you Shatter Fierceness AND LASTLY RAMPAGE is shattered.

First buff casted is the last buff that is shattered, and if its important buff, then all spam every hot and buff/passives on def target so there is more "bad buffs " to go thru to get to the good buffs=)
Mate... lol.

"Not instant anything if your grp piles up buffs before you use rampage"

What? Pre buffing doesn't cover **** under last on first off. That's literally the opposite of what you are arguing for...

You want instant casts to be the cover on 1.5s gcd... lul

Rofl mate. Terrible take that you yourself are arguing against. Under that system the LAST buffs to be removed would be AM/sham, RP/z, and Bw/sorc group buffs. Those would survive, but all your actual important buffs, that don't last 60min and might not be easily reapplied group wide, are removed first.

And again, this would apply to cleansing as well. Do you even have a argument for that total **** show?

We have plenty of shatter abilities, and a CD decreaser on both sides. Its not hard to get too the important buffs in elongated combat if your supports arent reapplying buffs. Your system just leads to even worse NB type usage for instant removals.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Detangler

Post#20 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:55 pm

Not all HoTs are enchantments. a lot of them are blessings, which won't help cover Rampage from shattering enchantments....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable