Recent Topics

Ads

Mark of Remarking proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
Dabbart

Re: Mark of Remarking proposal

Post#21 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:05 pm

That too. Good point.

Sorry, we're just talking overall system. Yes, blessing and enchantments are different, and not all healers can cleanse everything. That would be a system I'd change actually.

Normalize the shatter/cleanse to buff/debuff instead of types. And yes, I know it's a poor take that's almost entirely based on Ranked, which is why I don't push it.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#22 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:15 am

So that cleansing a specific buff is even harder? I guess if we also make shattering easier and more available, which would create gameplay heavily reliant on reapplying effects and getting rid of them. But consider that effects that already let you remove specific buffs efficiently and regularly (I can only thing of DPS am at the moment, but there are probably more) are pretty powerful. Making buff strip abilities uniform mechanically will make them even more potent while restricting utility of ST ones.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sinisterror

Post#23 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:32 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:15 am So that cleansing a specific buff is even harder? I guess if we also make shattering easier and more available, which would create gameplay heavily reliant on reapplying effects and getting rid of them. But consider that effects that already let you remove specific buffs efficiently and regularly (I can only thing of DPS am at the moment, but there are probably more) are pretty powerful. Making buff strip abilities uniform mechanically will make them even more potent while restricting utility of ST ones.
Shattering spesific buff would take more work if you have buried the buff under other buffs. For example You would need to shatter EVERYTHING away from RP/ZE to get to their Self-Res buff IF they have used that buff FIRST before battle begun. If there was BW in your grp you would also have BW's grp buffs to protect your self-ress, and suddenly skills that would be useless have an use now because they are "preventing" enemy to get to their victory. Nothing would change on Cleanse, only Shatters.

I still remember being on Ventrilo whilst playing AoR and WB leader calling who's about to need alot of useless buffs as a cover so they wont lose something that makes us lose=) It was a tactic to try something instead of just ae spam like in ror;( 9 AOE CAP BACK PLS, EXCEPT RANGED CHAR'S CAN HIT 12 MAX.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Dabbart

Post#24 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:22 pm

You're high. Cover buffs already are used. You just use them first instead of hoping your enemy doesn't remove the important one within the 1.5s gcd. And really? Get your group to stack buffs to cover one... how many GcDs are you calling for to cover 1 buff in this system? Rofl.

All this to avoid the Z having to actually time his self rezz cast same as a detaunt...

I get it. You liked a few versions of Live. And we agree on some of the changes to this server are negative. But reverting FIFO would be asinine. Next you'll ask for RR100 and LoTD weapons.

Oh and why not on cleanses? It's a terrible idea on debuff removal, but perfectly adequate for buff removal? Cmon guy....
Last edited by Dabbart on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sinisterror

Post#25 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:10 am

Dabbart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:22 pm You're high. Cover buffs already are used. You just use them first instead of hoping your enemy doesn't remove the important one within the 1m5s gcd. And really? Get your group to stack buffs to cover one... how many GcDs are you calling for to cover 1 buff in this system? Rofl.

All this to avoid the Z having to actually time his self rezz cast same as a detaunt...

I get it. You liked a few versions of Live. And we agree on some of the changes to this server are negative. But reverting FIFO would be asinine. Next you'll ask for RR100 and LoTD weapons.

Oh and why not on cleanses? It's a terrible idea on debuff removal, but perfectly adequate for buff removal? Cmon guy....
Makes sense to cleanse newest debuff that made you cleanse. But you can see offensive target buffs and when you see important to shatter skill you can shout others to shatter this target to get the buff out. Im not talking about spesific buffs i just used those as an example. No issues using detaunt or casting self res on time atm.

I dont want lotd tallies/wpns but i do want procs on gear/wpns to stack with pot and skill/tactic. Armor procs stacked like this live but then again i could take 2500 armour away on my rr45 mara with cutting claw + armour debuff wpn proc which is a bit too much too easily and this stacking was removed BUT armour buff procs stacked with pot or skill/tactic. And Tactic buffs stacked with pot or skill like when BLORC could buff WS for 250 or so with Tacticskill + Bellow. I want that back as well but i dont want rr 100 and Lotd wpns/tallies I want Lotd Tombs/Invading Tombs/Tovl + World Boss back! I want alot more options of wpn/gear procs on all classes. Give old t4 Epic quest Wpn Procs back + All disorient skills to increase melee skill cast time as well. Example 1 sec Disorient would make all melee skills have 1 sec cast time and 50% Disorient would be 0.75s increase to melee skills cast time.

I want more options to take the combat and 9 ae cap back as well=)
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Dabbart

Post#26 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:26 am

K.