Recent Topics

Ads

Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Let's talk about... everything else
Haojin

Re: Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Post#21 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:17 am

main issue is the bad itemization, if all end game gears would be equally strong people wouldn't bother with mixing other sets. just check which classes run 8 piece and which doesn't. people mixing sets for a reason.

just for an example: am/shaman 8 piece sove bonus is anti crit for both you and your defensive target (can call it even op) while mdps 8 piece bonus is niche morale drain which barely works. also 6th - 7th piece bonuses are pretty useless for most of the classes.

before going radical as a tradition, fine tuning gears especially end game gears would be wise.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Omegus

Post#22 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 am

Xergon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:51 amYes pls, maybe ranked would pop again.
The game mode so popular that even with exclusive gear, exclusive potions, exclusive cosmetics, a custom matchmaker and cross-realm teams it still died. Making the sets available through War Crests showed just how many people actually wanted to pay that game mode for the fun of it and how many were just gritting their teeth to try and get the rewards before never touching it again.

Whatever the Triumphant and Victorious sets were, they are now just one of 3 sets at the Invader tier that can be purchased with War Crests, much like the Invader set is no longer a fortress set and the Warlord/Sovereign sets are no longer city sets. The notion that Triumphant/Victorious are "ranked" sets is meaningless these days.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Akilinus

Post#23 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 am

How come that sentinel ring is allowed to stay locked behind PvE content?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Omegus

Post#24 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:32 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

They're essentially a ranked reward. If you want them, get people to play ranked and earn the ranked currency. Or we might end up discontinuing ranked for lack of interest and retire all the rewards.
Which dev? I remember Kabuco becoming "Former Staff" after a thread clean-up to remove all evidence of internal dissent (it was a popcorn-worthy thread), but I thought that was either before the initial war crest patch went live or immediately after. I haven't spotted anyone else leaving the team. The war crest patch was 9th March, there was another patch after, and then on 1st April (a fitting date) the Triumphant and Victorious replica rings were added for 10k war crests. Unless somehow he pushed this change through, left the team and no one reverted it in the 3 week gap before the patch actually went live...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Whyumadbro

Post#25 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:51 am

The new content is comning very slowly - if even in a year of dev cycle. This games content is not developing fast - nobody gets money for it. So calm down, and grind like the rest of us. There is even a talk about getting 2x crest.....Its a mmorpg, not league of legends

SuperStar

Post#26 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:15 am

Imo the live was better balance where we are now. The devs should focus on restore the original game instead of try to balance it. Like you said they are not professional and the fluctuation are very big. Also I didn't see a common Vision. IAM happy they bring back my fav MMO, but I think they should focus on appearances and fun events, mounts, restore the original content instead of creat something new. Lot of work and no oda almost nobody use them. I think if they just focus only restore the original and they have less inside problem and drama now we would have the full live game.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:21 pm

SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:15 am Imo the live was better balance where we are now. The devs should focus on restore the original game instead of try to balance it. Like you said they are not professional and the fluctuation are very big. Also I didn't see a common Vision. IAM happy they bring back my fav MMO, but I think they should focus on appearances and fun events, mounts, restore the original content instead of creat something new. Lot of work and no oda almost nobody use them. I think if they just focus only restore the original and they have less inside problem and drama now we would have the full live game.
disaggree.
ppl always want old things back for nostalgia, but that wears off very soon and then the game is getting boring. MMOs live from new content and if the devs feel like they want to do something new what fits their urge for creating content then they should do it. for example the dwarf/greenskin cities are completely new and i bet the guys who created it had alot of fun doing so.

some years ago i played on a well known daoc freeshard and the devs created a unique addon called tajendi where they squeezed out everything that was possible with the engine and i totally loved it!
however the usual nostalgia guys spoiled it.

@devs keep on the good work!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:02 pm

SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:16 am
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

They're essentially a ranked reward. If you want them, get people to play ranked and earn the ranked currency. Or we might end up discontinuing ranked for lack of interest and retire all the rewards.
I suggest retire all the other SC expect ranked.
Be only Ranked SC!

This is the Way!

At weekend no more event SC only Ranked, or ranked should be the new weekend SC.

(You have to do more and better balance patch and bugfix imo)
The gradual decline of the game mode has made it apparent that people are really only interested in getting BIS gear and the game mode itself is not fun or desirable enough to maintain a population level to support it. We have discussed making everything "ranked", but even the concept of ranking players from scen to scen was reviled by a large portion of the casual playerbase. For some reason no one wants to know their MMR is sub-500 when they go on a 12 game losing streak. It's not a crazy surprise or anything, but for the amount of work and polish that was put into making ranked a worthy addition to the game, not having traction is certainly a disappointment.

Also, as I apparently wasn't clear, we typically don't remove gear outright. All I intended to convey was if ranked were removed, the ability to earn the gear would likely go with it. The 10k cost being added didn't make a lot of sense except to twist the dagger in the back of the ranked mode to make sure it would eventually die. I would advise anyone able to purchase it to do so if they're solely interested in the stats. My advice for ranked was to not have statted gear at all as we would inevitably hear this concern from players that they feel "forced" and "punished" into playing ranked, without understanding what words mean it sounds pretty bad. Mandatory ranked matches on login until you win at least one before you can play the game would be an example of "forced" and losing your gear outright for not maintaining an MMR level would be a good example of "punished". Not playing the mode and not getting the gear intended for the mode is neither of these things.

A naturally contentious and heated topic as always. +50 MMR for everyone involved.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
SuperStar

Post#29 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:21 pm

inoeth wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:21 pm
SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:15 am Imo the live was better balance where we are now. The devs should focus on restore the original game instead of try to balance it. Like you said they are not professional and the fluctuation are very big. Also I didn't see a common Vision. IAM happy they bring back my fav MMO, but I think they should focus on appearances and fun events, mounts, restore the original content instead of creat something new. Lot of work and no oda almost nobody use them. I think if they just focus only restore the original and they have less inside problem and drama now we would have the full live game.
disaggree.
ppl always want old things back for nostalgia, but that wears off very soon and then the game is getting boring. MMOs live from new content and if the devs feel like they want to do something new what fits their urge for creating content then they should do it. for example the dwarf/greenskin cities are completely new and i bet the guys who created it had alot of fun doing so.

some years ago i played on a well known daoc freeshard and the devs created a unique addon called tajendi where they squeezed out everything that was possible with the engine and i totally loved it!

We can agree to disagree.

If I have to choose between dwarf capital vs tovl I choose tovl everytime, and I think most of the original players base too.
Also I think most of us here coz nostalgia and because it's a Warhammer game. Wee are not here for the new things/balance imo.

Also I think we cannot compare professional game creator's balance vs for free for fun guys with big fluctuation and without a common vision imo.

It's cool if the dev enjoy to creat something but I think more important to the players base enjoy it.

Xergon

Post#30 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:27 pm

SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:21 pm
inoeth wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:21 pm
disaggree.

We can agree to disagree.

If I have to choose between dwarf capital vs tovl I choose tovl everytime, and I think most of the original players base too.
Also I think most of us here coz nostalgia and because it's a Warhammer game. Wee are not here for the new things/balance imo.

Also I think we cannot compare professional game creator's balance vs for free for fun guys with big fluctuation and without a common vision imo.

It's cool if the dev enjoy to creat something but I think more important to the players base enjoy it.

If u trying to say that Mythic did PROFESIONAL work on developing Warhammer Online then please stop... Game visually only holds professional standards but everything rest was never finished and rushed, balance on live was questionable, RvR was unplayable with the big numbers... so on... so on...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube