Recent Topics

Ads

Reduced crests on surrender vote.

Let's talk about... everything else
Avernus

Re: Reduced crests on surrender vote.

Post#11 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:07 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:00 am Missing a few other options:

1) Stop turning scenarios that prioritize objectives into ones that prioritize fighting in a box. Cairn and Thunder Valley used to require groups to move around and cap (Thunder Valley a bit too much tbh) but at least it forced the premades to make a choice between sticking together or losing by default. Once some of those premades get split into two's and three's they aren't so tough anymore.

2) (Faster) diminishing returns on repeat kills after some arbitrary (TBD) number. Sure they can kill you over and over but at some point it won't matter anymore.

3) Bounty system for team getting pumelled i.e. they get some multiple (2x, 3x, whatever) for the first kill after getting slaughtered for a while. Might encourage folks to keep trying just to get lucky.

Or some combination of the above. Or leave it as it is. I'm fine with surrender as it stands even if it is frustrating sometimes.

4.You can't make people want to fight so better to get a shot at new people than suffer with the teammates you got.
1. Premades are made to kill. They don't care if you do BO, if they gonna farm you while you try to win by capping BO - its totally fine. For me, at least...

2. Kill for free then, it's more interesting than BO capping anyway. After all, if those premades wanted to running around those BO - rvr is usually do the trick.

3. I do like enemies with this mindset. Keep on trying, you can't get too much RR/warcrests/fun (or "fun", depends) after all.

4. Yes.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#12 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:47 am

Avernus wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:07 am
Aethilmar wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:00 am Missing a few other options:

1) Stop turning scenarios that prioritize objectives into ones that prioritize fighting in a box. Cairn and Thunder Valley used to require groups to move around and cap (Thunder Valley a bit too much tbh) but at least it forced the premades to make a choice between sticking together or losing by default. Once some of those premades get split into two's and three's they aren't so tough anymore.

2) (Faster) diminishing returns on repeat kills after some arbitrary (TBD) number. Sure they can kill you over and over but at some point it won't matter anymore.

3) Bounty system for team getting pumelled i.e. they get some multiple (2x, 3x, whatever) for the first kill after getting slaughtered for a while. Might encourage folks to keep trying just to get lucky.

Or some combination of the above. Or leave it as it is. I'm fine with surrender as it stands even if it is frustrating sometimes.

4.You can't make people want to fight so better to get a shot at new people than suffer with the teammates you got.
1. Premades are made to kill. They don't care if you do BO, if they gonna farm you while you try to win by capping BO - its totally fine. For me, at least...

2. Kill for free then, it's more interesting than BO capping anyway. After all, if those premades wanted to running around those BO - rvr is usually do the trick.

3. I do like enemies with this mindset. Keep on trying, you can't get too much RR/warcrests/fun (or "fun", depends) after all.

4. Yes.
I didn't say it was going to change the behavior of the premades. But if you want people to keep coming out to fight you need to give them a reason to do so.

If the pug wins the SC by score by running around but doesn't give up and meanwhile the premade get their jollies from stomping on the kittens they can catch then seems like a win-win to me.

And, of course, sometimes the premade folks get a bit bored and then sloppy and wander off by themselves to hunt and suddenly they aren't so tough anymore ...

Avernus

Post#13 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:49 am

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:47 am
1. I didn't say it was going to change the behavior of the premades. But if you want people to keep coming out to fight you need to give them a reason to do so.

2. If the pug wins the SC by score by running around but doesn't give up and meanwhile the premade get their jollies from stomping on the kittens they can catch then seems like a win-win to me.

3. And, of course, sometimes the premade folks get a bit bored and then sloppy and wander off by themselves to hunt and suddenly they aren't so tough anymore ...
1. Yes, but getting 10 wc instead of 3 wc for being farmed the whole sc's duration isn't rewarding. And to reward a kill for a losing team isn't the best solution either - after all, if they could kill someone, they wouldn't be stomped. It's better to end sc like that at 11 00 so you can try your luck again instead of wasting time being stomped.

2. True, but the phrase about kittens is kinda strange, stomped guys ould definetly stomp you if they could.

3. True. But usually they do stay together and to waste more time to get (maybe) some occasional kill isn't worth it's time unless this kill will be VERY rewarding (currenty - its not). So, if you can't see your team winning when you check the teams at sc's start - its just afk until 11 00 (or try it 1 time - sometimes you do end up winning even if you are not supposed to - but it happens very rarely) and then you try again/mass rvr/roaming.

Florian90210

Post#14 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:54 am

Surrender is fine as it is.
If there is small chance of win and fight is fare, surrender vote will never pass. Changing anything will reduce amount of people queuing because if people can't win premades, can't reroll SCs fast, don't get anything from it then there is no reason to queue at all.

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:30 pm

Surrender is fine as it is.

The premise of OP's post is flawed. I have not seen surrender happen for no reason. Typically, if one side has 0 kills after a couple wipes, we can all call it a surrender. Personally, I have seen ppl stick around getting farmed if they can identify one or two players on the other side that they can kill a couple of times.

tldr, too many surrenders is not an issue for this game right now. We need a balance patch.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:51 pm

punish players for bad match making is as beneficial as a wart at your nuts.
most stomps come from one or two archetypes completely missing in the loser team.
why is that a players fault, why do you want them to suffer even more?

OP seems to me as a person that likes to say "it's not enough that I win, others should lose"

good thing is, the ror team is not like that and will just ignore proposals like this :D

Ninjagon

Post#17 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:12 pm We don't need both sides to be 2/2/2 before a scenario pops, we just want at least 1 healer in the queue on each side. Just one. Do this and you will see surrenders drop dramatically.

And yes, I get it that healers sometimes don't take the queue. You can't avoid that. But you can at least give 1 side a shot...
I think this is correct. Not a single heal -> no scenario, unless there is one (or more). Maybe the same with at last 1 tank?
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

TrainInVain

Post#18 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:23 pm

I think Akalukz hit the nail on the head, as long as its pug vs preform we aren't going to see people willing to put in much effort. Almost all games are "its not worth my time," "stop feeding them." Not just people in the SC but the entire faction gets demoralized and stops queueing. You can watch multiple warbands fizzle out in RvR after the 1 person willing to lead logs off, to see that forming groups is not something the majority of people want to do.

I like the idea OP, but I wouldnt punish the entire side that surrenders just those that vote to.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#19 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:29 pm

mynban wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:48 am It would go a long way if devs did not allow duo queueing for Discordant SCs.

Arent disc SCs supposed to be pug? I have been watching same duos farm disc SCs for weeks now, and they even coordinate with other duos. But since it is allowed there is nothing to report.

Make Disc SCs solo queue only, and keep remaining SCs for premades.
and you think this will stop if duo people arent allowed to duo queue ?
This game is populated by "teamplayers" and "alone Players" ... if Teamplayers queue solo, they will still recognize each other and play together while they farm "alone Players".
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Karl

Post#20 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:50 pm

Sadly the alternative to "surrender", if it's removed, is just the peeps afk and that's even worse...

A 50% cut to renown and crests gained when surrendering might make it less "easy" to surrender and try fighting some more?