Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TiberiusD

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#61 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Even with this change there will be people trying to exploit and cheese it as much as they can.
You cannot change people mentality.

Ads
Kendaric

Post#62 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:12 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:21 pm Question:

If my friend and I want to play scenarios, but regular scenarios aren't popping, is it against server rules to both seperate queue for Discordant?
Why would it be? You're both queuing solo as intended by the change.

Kaelang

Post#63 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:33 pm

If my friend and I want to play scenarios, but regular scenarios aren't popping, is it against server rules to both seperate queue for Discordant?
Regular SC's are popping.

If you and your friend coordinate queuing together and act as a duo inside a solo/pug intended scenario then you will likely be reported and dealt with by GM's. I appreciate this may have been an innocent question, but a lot of these recurring 'what ifs' coming from players who have been here for years' makes me think people don't realise we're players to and we know exactly what the question is actually asking.

The queue is a pug / solo focused queue. That's the end of it. If you circumvent that to go in with friends, expect a GM to speak to you. And don't be surprised when it happens.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

agemennon675

Post#64 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:41 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:33 pm

If you and your friend coordinate queuing together and act as a duo inside a solo/pug intended scenario then you will likely be reported and dealt with by GM's. I appreciate this may have been an innocent question, but a lot of these recurring 'what ifs' coming from players who have been here for years' makes me think people don't realise we're players to and we know exactly what the question is actually asking.

The queue is a pug / solo focused queue. That's the end of it. If you circumvent that to go in with friends, expect a GM to speak to you. And don't be surprised when it happens.
I wonder the same, like I am in a small guild rarely anyone active outside of certain events, we have like 2 to 5 players online usually and for example right now we have 1 tank 4 dps online in the guild, just met one of my guildmates in the match, solo queue'ing into event scenario losing %100 vs normal premades(as expected ofc no problem there), what is my options here ? I should just stop playing when that happens ? Can we learn the exact lines here, like is it ok if I intentionally move to a different party as a tank to avoid working together etc. would that be ok ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Akilinus

Post#65 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:01 pm

I am assuming that it is the same vague rules as if there was more than a duo of the same guild in a pug sc before.

It is stacking when some do it but OK when others do the same thing.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Kaelang

Post#66 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:41 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:33 pm

I wonder the same, like I am in a small guild rarely anyone active outside of certain events, we have like 2 to 5 players online usually and for example right now we have 1 tank 4 dps online in the guild, just met one of my guildmates in the match, solo queue'ing into event scenario losing %100 vs normal premades(as expected ofc no problem there), what is my options here ? I should just stop playing when that happens ? Can we learn the exact lines here, like is it ok if I intentionally move to a different party as a tank to avoid working together etc. would that be ok ?
I'm really struggling to see why there are so many questions around this. It's really not very hard to grasp.

Discordant Skirmish is a pug / solo scenario queue, that's it. If you want to queue into that, go for it. If you want to queue the normal scenario solo or with a premade, go for it. If you're losing and not enjoying it, go and do something else. If you don't have people online in your immediate guild / friendlist but want to premade, find some people to do it with. /5 is there.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

nocturnalguest

Post#67 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm
I'm really struggling to see why there are so many questions around this. It's really not very hard to grasp.

Discordant Skirmish is a pug / solo scenario queue, that's it. If you want to queue into that, go for it. If you want to queue the normal scenario solo or with a premade, go for it. If you're losing and not enjoying it, go and do something else. If you don't have people online in your immediate guild / friendlist but want to premade, find some people to do it with. /5 is there.
Im not them but i believe i understand the reason people ask. Ill give a brief example:
Player A is really great at game, BiS, wants to play DPS upon logging, wears big serious guild tag with ~10-20 ppl online each day. Lets assume its choppa. Guild has no event so members are evenly spread by all types of activities.
Player A is flexible, so q all (or even ds only for faster pop) as DPS solo. Chances Player A gets into discordant are really high.
Player A as bis choppa gets a pop of ds scen. Order opposition has 1 sm, 1 mayhem rp and a nice full stack of sw/bw/engi in greens. 1 bis choppa who knows what buttons to press and when is more than enough to just basically destroy them all. By occasion one or two of guild mates also felt like doing some solo play while cultivating or hanging out in ic and got into same ds pop. That was a chill evening, no serious event or other important group activities. Also its rarely even 3 different ds matches in parallel. Happens.
Now order gets absolutely destroyed and reports them for stacking according to 3 same guild tags on killboard.

No screenshot like they are in same discord channel, no other solid proves are presented for example. And even they pop up in same ds and then go into their guild discord how is that a problem? Is it prohibited to communicate in this game mode? If yes then why?
What's gonna happen further is mystery. People are afraid of unjustified bans of course. Especially in cause someone got rekt and will shout as loud as possible.
What GM's gonna do? What amount of such occasions can be considered statistically correct for a term "stacking"? Twice is enough? Are you even save if it happened once? Would bans be this mode specific as its atm technically possible or proper ones? Etc

Im ok with duos ban, however i dont believe it was such a big issue tbf. Haven't seen a solid single prove of guild group sqeezing 2+2+2 into 1 ds match like being in discord and all that.
Stomps happen due to incredibly big mismatch of basically everything starting from skill (which is close to unreal to evaluate by good metrics like mmr with this low pop), group composition, rr, gear, specs etc. And they wont stop to happen if you let duos or not. Alot of duos did farm killboard scores in ds, yes. But those i know of are/were just duos. Depending on a match up it not so rare that skilled bis dps is ok to completely stomp enemy team of 12 random newbies with whatever mere assistance of other 11 randoms.

Kaelang

Post#68 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 am

Spoiler:
nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 am
Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm

Im not them but i believe i understand the reason people ask. Ill give a brief example:
Player A is really great at game, BiS, wants to play DPS upon logging, wears big serious guild tag with ~10-20 ppl online each day. Lets assume its choppa. Guild has no event so members are evenly spread by all types of activities.
Player A is flexible, so q all (or even ds only for faster pop) as DPS solo. Chances Player A gets into discordant are really high.
Player A as bis choppa gets a pop of ds scen. Order opposition has 1 sm, 1 mayhem rp and a nice full stack of sw/bw/engi in greens. 1 bis choppa who knows what buttons to press and when is more than enough to just basically destroy them all. By occasion one or two of guild mates also felt like doing some solo play while cultivating or hanging out in ic and got into same ds pop. That was a chill evening, no serious event or other important group activities. Also its rarely even 3 different ds matches in parallel. Happens.
Now order gets absolutely destroyed and reports them for stacking according to 3 same guild tags on killboard.

No screenshot like they are in same discord channel, no other solid proves are presented for example. And even they pop up in same ds and then go into their guild discord how is that a problem? Is it prohibited to communicate in this game mode? If yes then why?
What's gonna happen further is mystery. People are afraid of unjustified bans of course. Especially in cause someone got rekt and will shout as loud as possible.
What GM's gonna do? What amount of such occasions can be considered statistically correct for a term "stacking"? Twice is enough? Are you even save if it happened once? Would bans be this mode specific as its atm technically possible or proper ones? Etc

Im ok with duos ban, however i dont believe it was such a big issue tbf. Haven't seen a solid single prove of guild group sqeezing 2+2+2 into 1 ds match like being in discord and all that.
Stomps happen due to incredibly big mismatch of basically everything starting from skill (which is close to unreal to evaluate by good metrics like mmr with this low pop), group composition, rr, gear, specs etc. And they wont stop to happen if you let duos or not. Alot of duos did farm killboard scores in ds, yes. But those i know of are/were just duos. Depending on a match up it not so rare that skilled bis dps is ok to completely stomp enemy team of 12 random newbies with whatever mere assistance of other 11 randoms.
It's really not that complex. Don't actively abuse the queue system to end up with friends and you have nothing to worry about. That's really all there is to it.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:08 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm I'm really struggling to see why there are so many questions around this. It's really not very hard to grasp.

The thing is, people will queue solo and by chance, even unintended might get into the same sc.
In SC people are supposed to work together - no matter whether you queue solo or with premade.
This means swapping guard, assist and what else each archetype should to do.
Furthermore people should adjust groups before the sc starts, in case classes are unbalanced in both groups like all tanks in one group.
Should you refuse to assist on a guildmate in DS sc, because it is a guild mate? Refuse to guard and stay in guard range? This is all one big grey zone, because you just do what any team has to do to win.
Dying is no option.

fontin

Post#70 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:10 am

order already exploiting the new system.... great