Recent Topics

Ads

19W - 66L T4 Destro toon

Let's talk about... everything else
Akilinus

Re: 19W - 66L T4 Destro toon

Post#21 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:38 am

Have you tried anything to improve your win rate if you feel like it is too low?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
bittrio

Post#22 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:47 pm

Haha the only thing I can do to improve my win rate is to join up w/ my geared guild mates and form a premade to feast on other pugs.

I'm not the best player, but my healing isn't going to suddenly be amazing. It is what it is. I prehot my team, protect, group heal, cleanse, hot. So on and so on. I can improve sure, but my heals are only going to get better and keep the team up with improved gear for both myself and my team.

Dev team knows it's jacked, hopefully the changes on the horizon help. Going to be hard with such a limited amount of players. I think the base of the issue is gear difference, RR difference.

The sov players earned their gear, I get it, it's just not balanced sov vs conq. I don't think it's possible for rr60's to defeat rr 80's. You have to get farmed until you get sov gear yourself, but not many people are going to want to go through that grind and it's one of the reasons I made this post.

Old players are pushing new players out.

I like this game, but not sure if I can go like this from 66rr to sov. Game loses fun when we sit in spawn 8/10 SC's. It's not just me. I sat in that spawn with my whole team during that 19-66 spurt.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Nameless

Post#23 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:29 pm

Only archetype that gear got less importants is healers. I would say that vanq healer is on par with bis geared healer healingwise. The different is mainly your own survival but that could mostly be done with good positioning. So dont blame gear on healers
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

bittrio

Post#24 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:54 pm

I am a healer. There's a big difference between Vanq and Sov for Shaman. +20 wp, +20 Wounds bonus, armor pen, even looks like +10 wp on each item. I checked boots and it's +10 wp, +7 wounds, +8 initi. That's 1 gear slot. We're probably talking +100 wp and wounds difference between vanq and sov among other benefits.

I'm not saying I can't do decent, I can do alright, but I'm not winning. It's a combination of my heals + my teammates survivability and damage.

Bottom line: A team of 60's rr can't beat a team of 80's rr. It's up to the dev team to find a solution.

Maybe we see a bolster in SC's. Something to give newer 40's a chance vs sov geared toons.

Curious if anyone has ever run a 6 man of vanq vs a 6 man of sov and recorded it.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Akilinus

Post#25 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:36 pm

What do you want the devs to do so that you can finally reach a 50% win rate?

If you are already in a guild that runs scenarios I fail to understand why you would not join them.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

bittrio

Post#26 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:01 pm

I'd like this game to be friendly and balanced towards newer players w/o hurting the older players who have many hours invested.

I want to pick up this game semi-casually and not get roflstomped 80% of my games.

Off the top of my head, there's a bolster in rvr, why not in sc's? Seems like an option that should be tried. (has it been tried? IDK)
or
Create a marketplace where I can buy a sov toon. I'd pay $1k for a sov toon all day. This is unlikely to happen in this game, but shows how strong NFT's can be in games. Eventually this will happen with all games. Helps people play and make money for their time and helps others save time by buying an end game toon.

I want competitive games, but I don't want to grind 20% win rate from 66rr to 80rr. And I don't want to always have to party w/ others. I want to log in, play some games. Log off do real life stuff, come back and jump right back in the game. W/o having to spam /5 lfg for 30 mins trying to find a group. I'm in and out of the game a lot, having a fun experience at my fingertips is highly desired.

Quick fun games. Scenarios are perfect for this and can attract a lot of players. ROR has a lot going for it and if it would allow for a more casual player to have fun in quick hitting pvp mini games like SC's it could attract a whole host of new gamers that actually stick around.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 pm

bittrio wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:01 pm

And I don't want to always have to party w/ others. I want to log in, play some games. Log off do real life stuff, come back and jump right back in the game. W/o having to spam /5 lfg for 30 mins trying to find a group. I'm in and out of the game a lot, having a fun experience at my fingertips is highly desired.
i understand how you feel, this is me 100%.

that's why i play this game purely for rvr, you can log in for 30 minutes, go solo roam lakes or join pug wb, get a few kills (or not hehe), and log off.

if you want to only play sc, you'd find more fun in gw2 pvp than here. this game is made for rvr, and even there balance is not great, but in scenarios...

Sulorie

Post#28 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:09 pm

bittrio wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:01 pm I'd like this game to be friendly and balanced towards newer players w/o hurting the older players who have many hours invested.

I want to pick up this game semi-casually and not get roflstomped 80% of my games.

Off the top of my head, there's a bolster in rvr, why not in sc's? Seems like an option that should be tried. (has it been tried? IDK)
or
Create a marketplace where I can buy a sov toon. I'd pay $1k for a sov toon all day. This is unlikely to happen in this game, but shows how strong NFT's can be in games. Eventually this will happen with all games. Helps people play and make money for their time and helps others save time by buying an end game toon.

I want competitive games, but I don't want to grind 20% win rate from 66rr to 80rr. And I don't want to always have to party w/ others. I want to log in, play some games. Log off do real life stuff, come back and jump right back in the game. W/o having to spam /5 lfg for 30 mins trying to find a group. I'm in and out of the game a lot, having a fun experience at my fingertips is highly desired.

Quick fun games. Scenarios are perfect for this and can attract a lot of players. ROR has a lot going for it and if it would allow for a more casual player to have fun in quick hitting pvp mini games like SC's it could attract a whole host of new gamers that actually stick around.
There is no bolster, because you are already r40. Bolster is for sub30 players, who lack abilities or tactics due to rank requirements.
Do you expect others to give up for you to get 50% win rate? Especially when you log other side and get same results.
Your er is totally fine as healer, you can wear vanq and all "standard" jewels most people even use later on.
rr45 staff is fine as well but we have little info what you wear and do in SC.
What you won't get here is a 50:50 win rate just for joining SC, too often you meet the same opponents, especially when you queue right after leaving sc.
Dying is no option.

Ads
bittrio

Post#29 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:29 pm

Yea it's fine, it's not my game. I'm not a dev for this game. I like playing it, ror is a really cool game that brings back memories from when I played some 10+ years ago. All I'm doing is giving the devs feedback after playing for 3 months and keeping track of my stats for my own assessment.

People want to pick little things and sway the conversation likely because they are the ones farming newer players like myself.

I'm looking at the big picture. A macro look at the game and the gaming landscape. How's the numbers for this game, have they been slowly declining? If so and people want to continue playing this game, that should be addressed. How to attract and retain players?

If the 50/50ish win rate I'm looking for can't be achieved here or isn't even desired and 90% win rates are expected, that's cap. The only ones defending that are the people w/ the 80-90% win rates. The people with 10-20% win rates don't play for long.

Not only that, but the blow outs. How to make SC's more competitive/balanced?
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Sulorie

Post#30 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:36 pm

Oh, I often lose when playing solo but I watch and see exactly why my team deserves to lose, therefore I accept the defeat.
Dying is no option.