Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Let's talk about... everything else
Akilinus

Re: Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Post#31 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:09 pm

Joining a guild with like minded people is the answer.

If you have limited time to play why would you not use that time as effectively as possible.

There could easily have been 10 guilds with the amount of people I see that "dont have time" to find a group.

If you dont want to join a group thats fine but dont hide behind some excuse that is stopping you.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
fatelvis

Post#32 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:01 pm

Got to admit this weekend SC was an unpleasant experience (midtier).
Not because premades steamrolled, but the whole midtier population ignored the premade calls and rather complained in the SCs how unfair and hopeless the event is/was. No way to build a proper group during a 5h period with lots of potential players queing.
Wouldn't blame the game for that.

Asderas27

Post#33 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:42 am

Scenario MMR would solve all issues or just remove PvP imho.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

jbrutal

Post#34 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:41 am

not only is it premades its dudes with full sov who don't even need gear. psychopath behavior

Eweon

Post#35 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:33 am

I play a lot solo, because of my time-mangemend: job, wife, children...
My tip is pretty easy... dort play this event.
A solo only would be nice. If you wanna to change, stop it. If there are no more queues, devs may change things. But never forget: this is an old game and it was developed for group-play. The solo-content ist limited

Sulorie

Post#36 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 am

jbrutal wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:41 am not only is it premades its dudes with full sov who don't even need gear. psychopath behavior
Your description of people who like to play with their friends lacks some dramatic wording. You should spice it up a bit to bring your point across.
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#37 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:03 am

jbrutal wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:41 am not only is it premades its dudes with full sov who don't even need gear. psychopath behavior
ahh ok - people who play the game because they like it are psychopaths .. but the ones that can only be motivated to play with a digital currency and a big fat carrot are the normal ones ?

(btw this server started without gear progression - so there is a chance it attracted people who actually enjoy the game)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Rapzel

Post#38 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:23 am

So they outplay you not only by grouping up and playing a decent setup, they also out-gear and out renown you, and this implies antisocial personality disorder?

The interesting part is that "psychopaths" are the ones that find it difficult to lose as they are infallible, they have their facade to keep up.
They fail to organize and abide to any authority, this due to their egotistical traits and their lack of empathy making them unsuitable team players.
Further they often covet more and more, as in they are not satisfied with what they have but want more. It began with the "pug sc", where only 1-2 mans were allowed to join.
Then came city, where solo queue was supposed to be matched with solo queue as the solo puggers got sick and tired of getting farmed in city. Now Discordant as it is called has been transformed to be a solo paradise, and yet the solo players yearn for more changes to cater to their play style. Who really are the ones with the antisocial personality disorder?

Now lets get back to your initial statement because this is interesting, lets look at this one weekend SC:

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 3a8b52bdbe

In this SC 4 out of 12 destro are 80+, and 3 out of 13 order are 80+ with a honorable mention of the 79 BW, with 39-9 kills to destro and ending in 500-45.
I would say that this is the norm of weekend SCs.

Of course there are rare occasions where a full sov 6 man enter a weekend sc, and with the kill board sc status, it is quite easy to prove it, but please do provide proof where you find a full sov 6 man group farming solo players in an sc.
The 6 mans I have played in the last month have not ran into a single one, we have ran into several other 6 mans but no full sov 6 man. What we encountered has been the people that try to rank up their new toons rapidly that group and have 1-2 people "carry", this is often swapped around after you have achieved the weekend reward.

But please do prove me wrong and show me all these 6 man sovereign "psychopath" groups, and that you're not just not the regular forum poster who uses the weekend sc as a coping mechanism to deal with your own incompetence, because it can't be that you are the one with ASPD right?

Ads
Magusar

Post#39 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:15 pm

In time to time im coming to forum and reading topics like this.
"Sweety premades", "They wanna farm only pugs", "Abusers","Exp for new players" etc.
And its make me laughing, but my face hurts from smiling already. Especially "Exp for new players"- i have one new player (my mate's girlfriend coming for this game, she made sorc (RIP)), and i lvling my BO from 17 lvl. U wanna i will share my exp?
-About the sorc, i will tell not many, but one-im really coming to help my self/my group to protect her from terrorizing from "true pvp gamers of this game"-40lvl sologankers, which not solo and just relaxing in zone by pursuiting and hunting her down. It wasn't just once. And to be honest, I wasn't prepared for it to be so bad. What about newbies,which dont have big friends? New player's exp number one.
-About my BO, 90% it was solo. Holly-molly, this rvr is a circus. Chasing in PVE by 3-4 sov gankers, superfights 1 vs 5 by soloers, which not solo (some of them died 1vs1 before, when i were 25-30) and many many others "intersting situations". Ofc u will not see those ppl in a equal fight twice if u are roaming on a good equiped and good balanced for soloroam class.
Potential new player's exp number 2.
Why am I saying this? There are a lot of ppl were at this, some of them is coming for forum and participate on topics like this(I won't point fingers) and declare to protection of new players by premades-not by them also, only premades ruin game exp for newplayers. Ofc i were killed by premades, one of them chasing my 31 BO to pve also, but if compare how often i was chasing by "true" solo killers and "mega" premades-"True" solo killers will easy beat premades by numbers.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

Magusar

Post#40 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:20 pm

If devs want some safe space for new comers- add solo option for event scs and dicordans skirmish only for ppl 60-65 rr or lower, when new good content out.
Good exp for newbies and fireshow on forums by not newbies.
For others-good matchmaking will be better in my opinion.To prevent scs like this. Its agains order party ofc.
https://imgur.com/a/ebHOl3u
Im 100% sure we have another sc which have 5 des dps at same party.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81