Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#201 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:17 am

For my 2 cents worth.

Think it’s an excellent concept to refactor and simplify the code by introducing an ability component and the tooling described in the into sounds like a solida way forwards. The managing some skills to fit into the framework of the abilities engine I can understand .
But the inclusion of “balance” into a change that explicitly says is not a balance change is wrong in my opinion.
I can understand that balancing in the past has been done by what means was possible at the time and may be wrong / cause other issues but I strongly believe that the scope creep of “fixing” and “balancing” should not have been included here just because it’s possible or coding wise elegant.
In short good work on the engine, poor decision allowing scope creep with the deliberate unforced changes.

Would have preferred to see in steps:
A) the abilities engine with as is abilities (warts and all where possible)
B) correction of abilities such as stat contribution ..
C) balance patches

This would at least allow control of what is happening and clearly show if it’s needed

Ads
nat3s

Post#202 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am

Avernus wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:12 am
Sofong wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:02 am
Dajciekrwi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:32 am "Thunderous Blow - Requires Savagery or Brutality stance" - can someone who play as a marauder explain meaning of this change?
What is the intention of such proposition?
its meant to restrict aoe mara to use ST skilsl, meanwhile aoe WL have no restriction to their ST skills like armor debuff or cull the weak^^
I guess you can't even tell the difference between AoE mara and common mara using his 3 hand. Hint - AoE mara don't have Thunderous blow.

That joke about stance..uhm...hand restrictions is kinda funny though. What about poor SW's, how can they even live with their stances while evil SH's enjoy using their skills without (almost) any restrictions!

This is a significant buff you numpties lol! Always bugged me that TB didn't benefit from Piercing Bite. Well played devs for this one, I missed it, good stuff.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Avernus

Post#203 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 am

nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am This is a significant buff you numpties lol! Always bugged me that TB didn't benefit from Piercing Bite. Well played devs for this one, I missed it, good stuff.
Oh, so, at least some people DO understand what this TB change is supposed to do...

P.S. Read the whole discussion before posting your reply pls.

theoddone

Post#204 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:58 pm

Regarding mara changes. If you are reverting things, then deadly clutch tactic should be looked at. The tactic used to include leech healing from everything. Which is also in the tooltip. However, atm it doesn't work with lifetaps or potions. According to the tooltip you are supposed to recieve 50% of all heals on the target.
-Theo

Mepharees

Post#205 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 pm

Yeeeahhh, if anything, the state should be reverted to 1.4.8, then make changes from there as you see fit.

This hybrid system is bound to cause disdain from people.

Also no book WP changes wtf :(

tazdingo

Post#206 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:21 pm

i think a weekend of twisting **** tower is revenge for how we all behaved in this thread...

nat3s

Post#207 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:54 am
nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:48 am This is a significant buff you numpties lol! Always bugged me that TB didn't benefit from Piercing Bite. Well played devs for this one, I missed it, good stuff.
Oh, so, at least some people DO understand what this TB change is supposed to do...

P.S. Read the whole discussion before posting your reply pls.

Read the full discussion? Wait what did I miss? That was my first post on the topic
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Loans

Post#208 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:22 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:21 pm i think a weekend of twisting **** tower is revenge for how we all behaved in this thread...
this

Ads
Arek4

Post#209 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:18 pm

Are you joking? Twisting Tower is the only sc where you can show strategy and win without having an advantage.
There should be more sc where strategy matters and not mindless pug.Maybe then premade sov+ would stop farming 40-60 rr

lumpi33

Post#210 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:26 pm

Im curious:

SH: knock down removed
SW: knock down reduced to 2s

Mara: 2s AOE knock down untouched
BG: 5s knock down untouched

What's the reasoning behind that?

When you reduce knock downs then you could at least also reduce the duration of maras aoe knock down to 1s (it's an instant 25ft aoe ability on a class with charge and pull also) and BGs to max 3s (nobody else has got a 5s knock down).

btw: SWs knock down and WLs pounce were the primary counters to run away gits. You have nerfed both and kept the run away tactic as is. SH never had that ranged knock down on live but for the order this is a huge nerf.