Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Improved Clarity (triumphant skill)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xablau55

[SW] Improved Clarity (triumphant skill)

Post#1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Why the skill from 4th piece of the Triumphant set is bugged? There says "Any ability: 10% chance to reduce the cost of the next ability used within 10 seconds to 0 action points. If possible, it will always crit and undefendable".
But the problem is with any autoattack consume this effect, almost impossible to control with aSW because of aa speed. it wasn't meant to be just for skills? Why autoattacks count here? Its a bug or proposital?

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [SW] Improved Clarity (triumphant skill)

Post#2 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:45 pm

xablau55 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:37 pm Why the skill from 4th piece of the Triumphant set is bugged? There says "Any ability: 10% chance to reduce the cost of the next ability used within 10 seconds to 0 action points. If possible, it will always crit and undefendable".
But the problem is with any autoattack consume this effect, almost impossible to control with aSW because of aa speed. it wasn't meant to be just for skills? Why autoattacks count here? Its a bug or proposital?
That is a bug I'm sure.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Avernus

Post#3 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:45 pm
xablau55 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:37 pm Why the skill from 4th piece of the Triumphant set is bugged? There says "Any ability: 10% chance to reduce the cost of the next ability used within 10 seconds to 0 action points. If possible, it will always crit and undefendable".
That is a bug I'm sure.
Well, since you can proc this by changing your stance or even by summoning your mount, technically it's not a bug but follow-up of crude realisation of this feature via current "ability system" (more like lack of thereof, to be precise).

It (probably) will be fixed when this ability system will go live.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:29 pm

Avernus wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:23 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:45 pm
That is a bug I'm sure.
Well, since you can proc this by changing your stance or even by summoning your mount, technically it's not a bug but follow-up of crude realisation of this feature via current "ability system" (more like lack of thereof, to be precise).

It (probably) will be fixed when this ability system will go live.
Hmm to be fair ive never had any char with 4 Triump/Victorious but i do use this Proc but the version that is in Beastlord for bw/sorc and if this proc is on any wpn i use that wpn probably, never seen this proc on autoattack or anything that doesnt require AP. Or i just havent noticed on mounts etc but def not proc on AA and none of those skills use Ap so they shouldnt either imo. Dont know if Triumphant version with " It will always crit and undefendable " added works differently though i doubt it.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Tesq

Post#5 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:30 pm

It say ability so yep but you gona wait the new skill system anyway.

Fenris78

Post#6 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:24 pm

I'd say it's a good thing to be able to consume the effect with such high AA damage as an aSW.
For ranged builds it's less effective obviously, but with assault, your auto-attack will hit harder than 90% of your skills anyway. The drawback is to not have much critical damage increase, because autoattack is still around 350-400 base, but getting crits for about 1k is always good.

You may notice also when you get the proc, if you teleport onto your target with shadowstep, your autoattack and the skill you immediately use will both always crit, meaning you get an extra free critical hit on your first hit.

Autoattacks are still listed as "skills" in the skill panel, even if they are not used in action bars.

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:27 pm

It is not related to this but similar bug exist for marauder's gut ripper. AA and even riposte break it. I think game is applying same protocol for such things.