Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#81 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:57 am

Any notions of 'OP' fail the common sense test.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of rDPS are not desirable at all in 6man comps or RvR warbands - these areas are dominated by mDPS.

Why is that?

Because competent groups know how to catch and shut down rDPS, or the rDPS classes simply lack the damage to put meaningful pressure.

Only when rDPS stack beyond a certain number they can put out damage that begins to feel unfair. This doesn't happen in competitive environments.

And guess what? The counterplay is already there.

If rDPS is such a massive issue, any tank can swap out their 2H for S&B and suddenly rDPS can barely scratch them.

The fact that people can't be bothered to do that tells you enough; they're lazy - they don't want to adapt, they want the game to adapt to what they want.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
agemennon675

Post#82 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:50 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:57 am Any notions of 'OP' fail the common sense test.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of rDPS are not desirable at all in 6man comps or RvR warbands - these areas are dominated by mDPS.

Why is that?

Because competent groups know how to catch and shut down rDPS, or the rDPS classes simply lack the damage to put meaningful pressure.

Only when rDPS stack beyond a certain number they can put out damage that begins to feel unfair. This doesn't happen in competitive environments.

And guess what? The counterplay is already there.

If rDPS is such a massive issue, any tank can swap out their 2H for S&B and suddenly rDPS can barely scratch them.

The fact that people can't be bothered to do that tells you enough; they're lazy - they don't want to adapt, they want the game to adapt to what they want.
"The fact that people can't be bothered to do that tells you enough; they're lazy - they don't want to adapt, they want the game to adapt to what they want."

Well ofc they want it, problem is they get what they want here
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

zulnam

Post#83 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:17 am

Excited about the possibility of new RvR zones with the new map editor.

Also the automated tests are the very first time that I have ever heard of a video game having automation tests. Beyond insane!

Two questions regarding city sieges:

1. With each stage being a remix of the current groups fighting, how will the scoreboard work?

2. Are there plans to also implement the Dwarf/Greenskin capitals with the new major release?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Dakkhon

Post#84 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:25 pm

So for the engi and magus they want to remove the buffs that actually help them kill enemies and instead make it so you have to kite all day and hope no one catches you? Just so you can shoot and cast more on the move? What about the the buffs are they changing them completely or just simply getting rid of them? Then what will be the point of having a turret or pet? I do not remember the old system for these as its been for ever ago lol. Anyone remember what they where and where the useful or did they just nerf these classes into the dirt because someone got owned by them and now they mad lol?
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dribor

Post#85 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:27 am

when the new system ( server) comes out do we lose progress? do we need to start over again ?

Mepharees

Post#86 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:38 pm

Dribor wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:27 am when the new system ( server) comes out do we lose progress? do we need to start over again ?
That would be great, but sadly it's just gonna be a test server at first, then the changes will be applied to the main server.

Wdova

Post#87 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Dakkhon wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:25 pm So for the engi and magus they want to remove the buffs that actually help them kill enemies and instead make it so you have to kite all day and hope no one catches you? Just so you can shoot and cast more on the move? What about the the buffs are they changing them completely or just simply getting rid of them? Then what will be the point of having a turret or pet? I do not remember the old system for these as its been for ever ago lol. Anyone remember what they where and where the useful or did they just nerf these classes into the dirt because someone got owned by them and now they mad lol?
On live engi had M2 (+100% damage over 7s) same as SW and SH. Turrets did not provided damage boost at all, You deployed them and get benefits from them instantly(no waiting on one place to get stacked bonuses).
RoR devs removed those M2s from game and replaced them with damage buffs on pets/stance or other mechanism(dot stacking)
By removing all of those damage bonuses added over years, Those 2 classes gonna endup abandoned same as on live. Only HC roleplayers gonna stick with it.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ixlevomaxlxl

Post#88 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:37 pm

o/

Let's start by ripping off a few band-aids, the devs have done their job. We have a server. One does not know what they have until it is gone. As a former LIVE player that stayed until the dark dayz [server closure], I am greatful to have the ability to scratch that PvP/RvR/Mythic-based MMORPG itch. Again the Devs did their job and continue, to the best of their "free-time" ability, to create new content. All the other nonsense, regardless of who is overpowered this week, it is our, the communities, responsibility to make the game great.

The lack of realm pride or interdepence behavior is lacking. Cool you wanna xrealm, xrealm; I don't pay your sub. Maybe opt out of bags if you're in your end game gear. Provide information for the zone you're helping. Hand out lowbie gear to someone that needs it or a leveling talismans crafter. We got to do better if we want the population to increase because today's gamer has to much angst when it comes to the "grind". I see most of the players quit or give up after 2 deaths, 3 and they've left the zone or sc or sit at WC for the next big blob. EVERY player feels overwhelmed or under geared, at that point a break helps. It is not that hard to reach end game gear with the right help, especially when in the right mindset. Real life first.

We have all these "problems" and "solutions" but do nothing beyond log in-game or on forums. When was the last time you looked at the population and asked/told yourself "Who has the lowest population? Because I am going to support that today." The state of the game is where it is. Do something about it, if you do not like the way that it is. Talking about and requesting a nerfs or a patch does nothing for that lowbie getting chased by a 6 man who has never played a RvR game or understand PvP that well. I have a met a few players that WAR is the first MMORPGS.

Speaking of 6 mans and smaller parties, what happened to the strike team group? Where are all the solo players? AND you big pugbands or organized badbands, what is up with no one honoring the 1v1s? 1v24 a EU thing that has bled into being acceptable? I miss being in a 6 man or larger watching a 2v2 or 1v1 in the lakes. We'd let them finish and then see if anyone else wanted to knock them down a peg.

We gotta start having higher standards for the respect and disrespect we have for our community. But what do I know, I am just some wanderer that has been a Mythic fanboi that played on Mordred DAoC [played 1 month after game launch until finding Mordred and server megre to Warhammer: AoR's launch] and Baddielands WAR [from beta until server merge after server merge until server closure]. Be the change you want to see.

Sincerely,

Evomax

Ads
Zxul

Post#89 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:24 pm

Wdova wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:30 pm Turrets did not provided damage boost at all, You deployed them and get benefits from them instantly(no waiting on one place to get stacked bonuses).
Actually no, maybe in the beginning of the game, but at least last 2 years or so on live daemons/turrets you needed to wait for stacks, and got 20% extra dmg at 8.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh