Recent Topics

Ads

Gear progression, what to do? cosmos brain system

Let's talk about... everything else
Zealhealx

Gear progression, what to do? cosmos brain system

Post#1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:21 am

Hello, I’m thinking of returning to the game after a few years. I’m interested in what the current gear progression is. The RoR wiki is not very helpful, as it only provides basic information. Is there an up-to-date document that specifies where to find different gear and what to get first?

All I know is that I need to save Medallions to buy Warlord/Sov gear at some point and farm PvE gear until then. Could you provide some information about PvE gear progression and the levels required for upgrades? I don’t want to be at a disadvantage in PvP for months until I grind some end-game gear. From what I remember, the game was unplayable for quite some time after introducing Sov gear. I’m glad there is PvE content now to fill in that gap. However, it still seems like a complex system that wastes players’ time. Why don’t we just get level 40 instantly after T1? There is literally no point in anything happening below level 40.

Anyway, I understand that this is an MMO and not a PvP-only game. I’ll just “git gud” and grind it out unless I get bored too soon. So, I would appreciate some tips for gearing in general. Thank you."
Last edited by Zealhealx on Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sjukligt3

Re: Gear progression, what to do? cosmos brain system

Post#2 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:26 am

I’m not 100% sure what gear is good for tanks but at 36 you should start run gunbad to unlock conq ward, also look for beastlord groups which are killing bosses around the world to unlock brastlord set, unlocks ward for hunters vale, when you finish conq ward you should run city dungeon to get sentinel ward(on par with vanq gear)also gives u good weapons from influence, here you can look for groups for HV aswell (not sure if hv set is good for tanks so u have to look it up) when you have sent/hv gear you should have enough gear to be competitive. After HV/city dungeons u can run Bastion stair I believe this gear is same ilvl as invader also has weapons from inf
I just returned to ROR but from what I’ve read this is the route

DirkDaring

Post#3 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:04 pm

For General guides about gearing up, as well as getting most out of bolster, and renown potions, pocket item quests, as well as a few class guides browse the Beginners Survival Kit section, it s in the Support section above the Community section where General forums are located. I have added a link as well.

viewforum.php?f=113

Haojin

Post#4 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Zealhealx wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:21 am Hello, im thinking of returning to the game after few years
Im interested in what is current gear progression? RoR wiki is not of much use except basic stuff.
Is there any doc file up to date that specifies where is what gear what to get first etc ?
All i know is that i need to save Medallions to buy Warlord/Sov gear at some point, and farm pve gear untill then. What is pve gear progression and what levels are required for upgrades etc , dont wana be a creep in PVP for months untill i grind some end game gear . From what i remember it was unplayable for quite some time after introducing sov , im glad there is PVE now to fill in that gap. But, its still cosmos brain system to waste players time, why dont we just get lvl 40 instantly after t1, there is literaly no point in anything happeing below lvl 40 . Anyway...I know this is a mmo and not pvp only game bla bla, il just git gud grind it unless i get borred too soon. So i would appriciate some tips for gearing , in general. Ty . Most likely planing to play a tank, Swordmaster or Black orc .
depends what you going to play but to sum up:

grind rr as much as pre 40.
pve till u got full bloodlord.
buy conq-vanq-dom-opp boot and gloves from ah and mix it with possible pve sets. if you playing certain archetype, u can even go with full pve sets.
grind cresst till u get bis.

good luck.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

nat3s

Post#5 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:06 pm

It's all about the pve grind nowadays unless you want to re-farm tons of crests
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG