remove surrender or add penalty

Let's talk about... everything else
mielgato

Re: remove surrender or add penalty

Post#61 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:36 pm

I have a little game.

Everytime you get roflstomped, take some time and inspect your mates.

Everytime you roflstomp, take some time and inspect your mates.

You can even push the enveloppe and cross-check with the killboard the renown and gear of the people who roflstomped you, or you've just roflstomped.

Often time, it's self-explanatory.

And add to that individual skill.

The problem isn't premade, so much it is a gap in knowledge and raw stats most of the time.

But that's just my pov, and I don't claim to have the solution. I'm not going to take on my own time to open a RoR School either :)

Ads
Everdin

Post#62 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

mielgato wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:36 pm I have a little game.

Everytime you get roflstomped, take some time and inspect your mates.

Everytime you roflstomp, take some time and inspect your mates.

You can even push the enveloppe and cross-check with the killboard the renown and gear of the people who roflstomped you, or you've just roflstomped.

Often time, it's self-explanatory.

And add to that individual skill.

The problem isn't premade, so much it is a gap in knowledge and raw stats most of the time.

But that's just my pov, and I don't claim to have the solution. I'm not going to take on my own time to open a RoR School either :)
Would alter it a little: knowledge, willingness and a little bit stats are the problems, to many tanks not guarding, to many "dps-heals" not healing/rezzing despite they are the only ones that are capeable, dps running in solo mode somewhere else.

The last point is special because of "Ohohoho the flags must be capped". Yes, they must, if people don't do it, it's their fault and they causeing the loose. They must be informed and commited to "we need to do something to win this".
Just running away from fight with a bunch of people maybe causing a wipe will lead to: people surrender, people stay afk or chaotic respawn discrepancies. If the enemy is not as stubborn as the others, they will use the momentum to cap flags and farm the scattered enemys.

Overall most sc that don't involve 2 party vs 2 part, especially discordant are lost because of a lag of teamplay (and yes, if all people wear mercanary or duelist in t4 it's also a gear problem)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Avernus

Post#63 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am The last point is special because of "Ohohoho the flags must be capped". Yes, they must, if people don't do it, it's their fault and they causeing the loose. They must be informed and commited to "we need to do something to win this".
Just running away from fight with a bunch of people maybe causing a wipe will lead to: people surrender, people stay afk or chaotic respawn discrepancies. If the enemy is not as stubborn as the others, they will use the momentum to cap flags and farm the scattered enemys.
Technically, yes, BO do exist. And there is even some sort of notification that you've won sc, which is followed by increased (compared to "losing side", anyway) reward.

But, what can you gain from sc? Renown and warcrests, obviously (and kills!). What does that mean? What's the most important factor then? BO? No, they can help you "win" sc, but victory reward isn't that important. KILLS. Yep, that's the most important thing. Long killfest will be the most rewarding thing, even if your opponents manage to "win" this sc.

Thus, for me, all these BO are just traps for fools (unless its event, then i can somewhat understand this).

Lion1986

Post#64 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:54 am

scenarios are a wasteland already. adding further penalties to pugs will spell death of that part of game too.

Xiruccio

Post#65 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:03 pm

I just experienced this option been abused by an Order player when Destro side was loosing, same player ... two times.
This guy popped surrender even if Order was about to win, making an appeal to herd / group thinking and it sadly worked...twice!
A dramatic comedy, but it's prolly a result of a cross accounts SC farming, using this option in order to facilitate wins for the main account / faction.

Vauxx

Post#66 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:52 pm

Rather get spawn farmed by 8 tank 6 heal couple 50k dps facespin lions in every game, whole day, weeks in row whos only lifegoal is make you to ALT+F4 and bin the game, i cannot think any better ways to spend my time.. since theres no matchmaking, im glad theres at least the .surrender option

Sulorie

Post#67 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:05 am

Xiruccio wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:03 pm I just experienced this option been abused by an Order player when Destro side was loosing, same player ... two times.
This guy popped surrender even if Order was about to win, making an appeal to herd / group thinking and it sadly worked...twice!
A dramatic comedy, but it's prolly a result of a cross accounts SC farming, using this option in order to facilitate wins for the main account / faction.
How is it abuse? Anyone can vote on it. If your teammates think that they can win, then they won't surrender.
Dying is no option.

Xiruccio

Post#68 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:52 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:05 am
Xiruccio wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:03 pm I just experienced this option been abused by an Order player when Destro side was loosing, same player ... two times.
How is it abuse? Anyone can vote on it. If your teammates think that they can win, then they won't surrender.
Ofc it is an abuse of the mechanics, no winning Order or Destro would start a surrender vote.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:58 am

Xiruccio wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:52 am
Ofc it is an abuse of the mechanics, no winning Order or Destro would start a surrender vote.
Maybe they are sick if being spawn camped and farmed. Sometimes the weaker team is being farmed, while 1-2 of them run objectives and the enemy doesn't bother with them, because scores hardly matter.
Having the enemy lead in score is actually good for any premade, because it is less likely that your enemy surrenders and you can farm them much longer.
Dying is no option.

Xiruccio

Post#70 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:58 am
Xiruccio wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:52 am
Having the enemy lead in score is actually good for any premade, because it is less likely that your enemy surrenders and you can farm them much longer.
That's total non-sense since a non-premade player (that joins to supposedly win the SC) was winning and initiated the surrender.