Recent Topics

Ads

Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Post#11 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:22 pm

francomes wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 pm Funny, wonder what the argument of the "just queue discordant" team would be now...

It seems you can't avoid em even if u try actually queue what you should
I'm totaly on your side, discordant should be for solos (and duos as before) not for group, and as soon as this is done, que discordant and stop complaining.

Until then: stop complaining, it's rare and 90% of the time you get stomped from other solos
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Tisaya

Post#12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:27 pm

It's far from rare. I know this, because during the latest event about 7/10 scenarios were premade event sc. 9/10 during the NA time.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:54 pm

Tisaya wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:27 pm It's far from rare. I know this, because during the latest event about 7/10 scenarios were premade event sc. 9/10 during the NA time.
Afaik event SC are not discordant SC.
Dying is no option.

Tisaya

Post#14 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:11 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:54 pm
Tisaya wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:27 pm It's far from rare. I know this, because during the latest event about 7/10 scenarios were premade event sc. 9/10 during the NA time.
Afaik event SC are not discordant SC.

That's the point. I was signing up for Discordant, but was getting event sc full of premades. And it still happens all the time, q for solo discordant, get weekend premade scenarios.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:58 am

Find your scenarios on the killboard, pick out the alleged "premades" from their past scenarios, and report them to a GM. The better details you can provide, the more likely we can remove these players from the pug queue.

That's the GM answer. If you want more from devs, well carry on.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Everdin

Post#16 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:40 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:58 am Find your scenarios on the killboard, pick out the alleged "premades" from their past scenarios, and report them to a GM. The better details you can provide, the more likely we can remove these players from the pug queue.

I hope you mean you will just friendly inform them that there is a bug and they need to be manually removed from discordant que, but the problem is where to find a GM on 75% of the day (even Sio has to sleep):

Otherwise it sounds a little bit like:
"We produced a bug in the que system, if you see a premade that is put in the discordant by this bug please report them so we can take actions!"
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am

Everdin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:40 am
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:58 am Find your scenarios on the killboard, pick out the alleged "premades" from their past scenarios, and report them to a GM. The better details you can provide, the more likely we can remove these players from the pug queue.

I hope you mean you will just friendly inform them that there is a bug and they need to be manually removed from discordant que, but the problem is where to find a GM on 75% of the day (even Sio has to sleep):

Otherwise it sounds a little bit like:
"We produced a bug in the que system, if you see a premade that is put in the discordant by this bug please report them so we can take actions!"
Well, when solo players (despite DS SC queue) get matched with premades in event SC, then the premades are not at fault. They are where they are supposed to be. :D
Dying is no option.

Helwer

Post#18 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:17 am

just stop queing/playing solo sc in any way. woks pretty well.

Ads
Tisaya

Post#19 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:53 pm

I'm not sure if anyone, including Wargrimnir, even read the post. The post isn't about premades in solo q. It's about solo players who queue up for discordant still ending up in premade scenarios, either by bug or intentionally.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#20 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:07 pm

Tisaya wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:53 pm I'm not sure if anyone, including Wargrimnir, even read the post. The post isn't about premades in solo q. It's about solo players who queue up for discordant still ending up in premade scenarios, either by bug or intentionally.
We can block people from solo queue only, and we have in the past. It doesn't take that much investigating to tell if a group of players are farming discordant scens, but we need some of the work done by the players reporting this behavior. If you think you're ending up in a ranked or standard match despite queueing for discordant, you would also be able to find that in your personal scenario list on the killboard. That would indeed be a bug.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog