Sword Master
57%
Iron Breaker
5%
Total votes: 76

Orontes

Best DPS Tank Poll and Thoughts

Post#1 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:42 pm

I am curious what the wise think is the best DPS tank? When replying please share your rationale. Best can be defined by any terms the respondee deems appropriate to the topic.

Ads
Nefarian78

Re: Best DPS Tank Poll and Thoughts

Post#2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:46 pm

SM has the most damage out of all tanks by a mile, plenty of utilities for the class to function as an assist dps and increasing overall damage given how plentiful spirit damage is on Order while also taking into account the current proc meta with WP's running Divine Justice, SM is objectively the best DPS tank.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

oaliaen

Post#3 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:07 pm

100% sm whit the Spirit dmg

Detangler

Post#4 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:23 pm

Swordmaster/Chosen does better average damage vs. physical damage classes, but who needs to do a little better damage to tanks in group/scenario/RvR play? Your job is to put kill pressure on squishies and punt away tanks. SM damage is lower on squishy targets vs. physical damage tanks and can't punt away enemy tanks. They're a Whispering Winds bot that can go channel defensive in 2h spec with WodS.

Solo game? Chosen doesn't have to deal with kiting shammies or regen marauders. Nah man, its not the Swordmaster that's the best overall.

BG
Chosen
IB
SM
Knight
BO

In that order.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dalinvar

Post#5 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:46 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:23 pm BG
Chosen
IB
SM
Knight
BO
BO last?

Isn't the hitting-hard one on Destru side? Also mirror of SM if i am not wrong

nocturnalguest

Post#6 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Threads go on a loop, omg... Feels like groundhog day
Take a look here:
viewtopic.php?p=521071#p521071

Culexus

Post#7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:19 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:23 pm Swordmaster/Chosen does better average damage vs. physical damage classes, but who needs to do a little better damage to tanks in group/scenario/RvR play? Your job is to put kill pressure on squishies and punt away tanks. SM damage is lower on squishy targets vs. physical damage tanks and can't punt away enemy tanks. They're a Whispering Winds bot that can go channel defensive in 2h spec with WodS.

Solo game? Chosen doesn't have to deal with kiting shammies or regen marauders. Nah man, its not the Swordmaster that's the best overall.

BG
Chosen
IB
SM
Knight
BO

In that order.

Interesting order. For solo roam I would have thought Chosen>IB>BG and BO above Knight.

For pure loldps tank I wouldn't overlook BO. We can put out a surprising amount of burst damage in crit spec that can catch a lot of squishies off guard.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Vri

Post#8 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:11 pm

Want to know what BO used to be ? Roll an SM.

Ads
hordak774

Post#9 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:41 pm

i like logic he hit spirit damage that why he best dps tank.. Funny, sm is super weak compare to bg or bork especially for low armor targets, they have better utilities for grp and tactics. SM 1 ability spam Ether dance thats all

Detangler

Post#10 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 pm

Culexus wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:19 pm
Detangler wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:23 pm Swordmaster/Chosen does better average damage vs. physical damage classes, but who needs to do a little better damage to tanks in group/scenario/RvR play? Your job is to put kill pressure on squishies and punt away tanks. SM damage is lower on squishy targets vs. physical damage tanks and can't punt away enemy tanks. They're a Whispering Winds bot that can go channel defensive in 2h spec with WodS.

BG
Chosen
IB
SM
Knight
BO

In that order.

Interesting order. For solo roam I would have thought Chosen>IB>BG and BO above Knight.

For pure loldps tank I wouldn't overlook BO. We can put out a surprising amount of burst damage in crit spec that can catch a lot of squishies off guard.
For pure lol DPS, yeah BO is probably on top. OP said any metric to rank "best" overall. Taking into account the complete lack of utility a 2H BO brings in group play, I would not want one over any other DPS tank in a group. No punts, no good unique buffs/debuffs that aren't overwritten/10x easier to manage than the other 2 tanks available.

I guess I should have made it more clear I was ranking based overall, not solo roaming.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable