Ads

Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Post#41 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:47 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:17 am
You cant queue in Group for a Discordant but somehow this BUG exists and you sometimes land in one.
You can verify this for yourself with people that group up and you trust. Just let them check the killboard history for discordant.
This happens even to members of the RoR Staff.

If you are interested and it helps i can send you a list of Discordant SC's i was thrown into while i was playing in a Group and have not QUEUE'ed for Discordant.
I am not interested in bugs. That's not what I deal with.

Post it on the bugtracker with details or examples. No one has done that since starting this thread.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Everdin

Post#42 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:13 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:47 am
Ashoris wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:17 am
You cant queue in Group for a Discordant but somehow this BUG exists and you sometimes land in one.
You can verify this for yourself with people that group up and you trust. Just let them check the killboard history for discordant.
This happens even to members of the RoR Staff.

If you are interested and it helps i can send you a list of Discordant SC's i was thrown into while i was playing in a Group and have not QUEUE'ed for Discordant.
I am not interested in bugs. That's not what I deal with.

Post it on the bugtracker with details or examples. No one has done that since starting this thread.
Maybe nobody wants to get banned from discordant for proving it?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Thaodan

Post#43 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:20 pm

I was interested in the topic read the whole thread and wanted to comment about reporting bugs.

As a software developer my self I had similar experiences, someone complains about an issue but doesn't open a bug report in the
bugtracker.
If there's no bug report it might as well never have happened, it is nearly impossible to track work on an task or bug without proper reports.
At work I sometimes go through our forums and create bug reports my self but in this case the people involved are doing this in their free time.

So please just create a report, summarize what happened and attach any evidence what happened.
If you have further discussion around the issue don't have it in the forum, a forum is a terrible place to track bugs, talk where the issue is tracked
in the bugtracker.
From my point of view it doesn't look like the GM's would ban you for reporting your findings.