Recent Topics

Ads

Cone Of FIre

Let's talk about... everything else
bittrio

Re: Cone Of FIre

Post#21 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:32 pm

Might add a new layer of complexity to the game.

Now if someone is channeling or building, you can side step out of the cone and break their concentration.

We have line of sight, distance and cone to consider.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:11 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:34 am I'll be honest. The game without cone of fire felt better and more responsive,
it's not the cone of fire really, cone of fire should be applied to skill which are aoe not st stuff, thats the issue here.

auto turning option -> will allow you to press fire a skill when you fce opposite direction and it will turn your char towards the enemy.

there never been a mandatory cone of fire on any target skill, your char will simply turn towards him, then it was 180 degree, a cone of fire is 90.

any other way they melee combat wont work and will just be chunky.

again imo there is a bug and i wrote about it in bugreport

IrkulixAenDeith

Post#23 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:34 pm

reimy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:33 pm What then is the purpose of this "cone of fire"? Why are these crutches needed if everything worked perfectly?
In Solo Ranked, BW and magus was too strong and easy to play.

reimy

Post#24 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:06 pm

IrkulixAenDeith wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:34 pm
reimy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:33 pm What then is the purpose of this "cone of fire"? Why are these crutches needed if everything worked perfectly?
In Solo Ranked, BW and magus was too strong and easy to play.
I don't know how range classes feeling about this changes, but imo they are already used to it. On the other hand, as a melee player I have problems due to "cone of fire" and high ping combination.
For example, visually I'm facing an enemy within range of the ability, but I can't use the ability because he's actually already outside the range of the ability or outside the cone of fire.
I realize that we can't do anything about high ping players, but the "cone of fire" needs to be tweaked or reworked.

IrkulixAenDeith

Post#25 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:29 pm

There is difference between normal sc, rvr and Solo Ranked. In the ranked, you are probably the main target most of the time. I'll have to play and see how it goes...

francomes

Post#26 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:19 pm

bittrio wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:32 pm Might add a new layer of complexity to the game.

Now if someone is channeling or building, you can side step out of the cone and break their concentration.

We have line of sight, distance and cone to consider.
Thats fine for casting, they have rangue and their cone of fire is huge, it only affected the solo kiters.

But its not for melee because lag its real. A lot of the times it can be bad enough that you dont even know which side you should be moving to avoid breaking/keeping the channel and it end up being just random luck

dwyur

Post#27 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:45 pm

It seems like Infernal Wave now hits much much much less people or frequently now, and to me it seems like the area plane (say your running up a slope and cast it, it does not hit many whatsoever) makes it not hit anything. I get they changed the cast area to whatever area your character is facing at the time but that's not really the issue. It's just that it hits 75%+ less people on the same exact cast before patch- that is, 8+ people in front of you on a very small incline it would hit all essentially, now it hits none or maybe one person close enough to be on the same level plane. I'm not really clear on how the game is functioning in terms of having to be on the exact same level plane for AoE like IW to hit but I've been shocked at how few or even zero enemies IW will hit on the same cast as pre-patch.
Dirkfunk - 83 Runepriest
Dwyur - 82 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

IrkulixAenDeith

Post#28 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:53 pm

Yep, Infernal Wave is a lot weaker.

Ads
vanbuinen77

Post#29 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:34 pm

Cone of fire is breaking channels.

Cone of fire is also breaking Sequencer.

Suggest a removal if Cone of fire until its bugs can be worked out as this really affects melee.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Han

Post#30 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:47 pm

IrkulixAenDeith wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:53 pm Yep, Infernal Wave is a lot weaker.
its trash. you are lucky to hit 2-3 targets now