Recent Topics

Ads

Snipe-engibitz!

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Pahakukka

Re: Snipe-engibitz!

Post#11 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:58 am

Thanks for The feedback!
I have tried to spec on Corp resist, but that makes me lose either 160bs/120bs and 120ws/expert skirmisher or flat 15%dmg . So it it really does not help me to win The fight, IT helps me to waddle away to safety. Which u can often do by Simple detaunt when wb is up.

I think I have had best results on The whole (and not just fighting regen WE) by having 25crit+tracer rounds,. 750ish WS softcap ballistic skills and wounds around 830. I can get a lot higher numbers to Any of those stats, but i feel like it starts gimping other stats too much after that. Im gonna try spec with triumphant with pure range Power next once i get My Gear pieces together.

About expert skirmisher: im More then Happy stay away from fights and blast away, but as I mainly Solo it More often is not The situation. This lets me pop turret up about as fast as it could Be fine with Insta tactic due to animation and also makes keg 1s cast too. Spend 2 seconds to cast keg that gives 300pts HoT and I likely take More dmg than The keg Will heal. If it won't get interrupted on first place. I will usually face huge AP issues while spamming stuff with half cast speed tho as engi abilities are very expensive. Might try The CnT weapon with AP proc to deal with that.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:15 am

Might be worth trying resists liniment then, takes liniment spot but its 360 all resists= 21% extra mitigation all types.

About popping turrets etc up, vs whs I pop daemon mine, and put up everything during the 3 sec. Vs wls I detaunt, and let them waste ap into detaunt while I summon stuff.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Gladiolix

Post#13 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:04 am

That Talabec mounted tunnel jump :D
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

BW rr70+, KoBS rr70+, WP rr60+

fatelvis

Post#14 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:37 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:15 am Might be worth trying resists liniment then, takes liniment spot but its 360 all resists= 21% extra mitigation all types.

About popping turrets etc up, vs whs I pop daemon mine, and put up everything during the 3 sec. Vs wls I detaunt, and let them waste ap into detaunt while I summon stuff.
You won't build up enough defense to beat a def regen WE/chosen so you better concentrate on getting potent enough to burst down the rest before it kills you. :)

FrostDRON

Post#15 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:38 am

When Deawuur was in def regen build, I couldn't do anything with my full DPS WE.
Now, Deawuur got sniper DPS build. Love to see that it's not regen or something other trololo build. Amazing DPS build. Got 1800-2000 crits in face xD And cannot run away from this engi as before xDDD
I am winning 1 vs 1 with 60% on average with Vanq equip, looking forward for future fights.
Best wishes

lumpi33

Post#16 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:02 am That's nowhere near the best Sniper spec build. Soft cap BS, 45% crit chance, 62% base armour pen (84% with turret debuff and 109% with Armor-Piercing Rounds) is what I've built for my spec.. 8.5k wounds. It even has some FS thrown in and keg. It's also versatile as an AOE spec because you can drop the investment in renown in WS and focus it onto crit/wounds/whatever. And you still have a good amount of WS to fall back on your rifle abilities if you need to.
Define best. For maximum damage as sniper a high WS build is best. You want to have coordinated fire as well for the 15% damage boost. And you want quick casts. For this his build is pretty awesome.

With the stats of your build, 45% crit and 62% armor pen, which is a HUGE commitment in WS and having keg it looks to me that you are missing something important. Like coordinated fire in your build.

Pahakukka

Post#17 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:19 am

I am, there is only 4 tactic slots, which 2 are for BS and 1 for coordinated fire or crit and 1 for cast Time reduction. So i am missing either coordinated fire OR crit. I can drop some WS from annulus rings or by dropping warlord bonus but then its super tough to Brawl against Even medium armored enemies.

But like i Said, build is only shaping up. Im 300 Crests short from triumphant chest. Which has some added armor pen in it. And probably allows me to drop 1 of The BS tactics so i can have flat 15%dmg And The crit. Trade off is that i Will Be very proc dependant.

1 build which i also want to try is try to Stack rangepower thro warlord and lotd pieces and forget crit and WS completely and try to fight glasscannon dmg thro corporeal dmg with nades,napalm and rod. While debuffing Corp resist. U cannot really detaunt with this build tho as napalm and rod both breaks The detaunt.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Scottx125

Post#18 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:28 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:02 am That's nowhere near the best Sniper spec build. Soft cap BS, 45% crit chance, 62% base armour pen (84% with turret debuff and 109% with Armor-Piercing Rounds) is what I've built for my spec.. 8.5k wounds. It even has some FS thrown in and keg. It's also versatile as an AOE spec because you can drop the investment in renown in WS and focus it onto crit/wounds/whatever. And you still have a good amount of WS to fall back on your rifle abilities if you need to.
Define best. For maximum damage as sniper a high WS build is best. You want to have coordinated fire as well for the 15% damage boost. And you want quick casts. For this his build is pretty awesome.

With the stats of your build, 45% crit and 62% armor pen, which is a HUGE commitment in WS and having keg it looks to me that you are missing something important. Like coordinated fire in your build.
Already have that tactic. CF, oiled machine for ORvR, 120BS/WS tactic and Tracer Rounds. If you're more static drop the fast turret deploy for the rifle DMG proc in potr. Your rotation changes too based on what you're doing. You can't really timestamp outside keeps well so you do your dots, FF, hip shot then snipe as a finisher. Otherwise you open with dots, snipe,FF etc. But your turret is a must, it gives you 15% crit + it debuffs your target and does good damage.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
lumpi33

Post#19 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:29 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:28 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am

Already have that tactic. CF, oiled machine for ORvR, 120BS/WS tactic and Tracer Rounds. If you're more static drop the fast turret deploy for the rifle DMG proc in potr. Your rotation changes too based on what you're doing. You can't really timestamp outside keeps well so you do your dots, FF, hip shot then snipe as a finisher. Otherwise you open with dots, snipe,FF etc. But your turret is a must, it gives you 15% crit + it debuffs your target and does good damage.
I don't believe you. It's impossible to have all that stuff you are saying all at once. With 62% armor pen you are full into WS and can't cap bs without using 160BS and/or 120BS/WS. Then you don't have CF or well oiled machine or quick reloader.

Engi is very limited with the sets. You have to go 5 sov to get the 6% armor pen and 5% crit. Then you have 3 pieces left, 4 with triumph ring which doesn't give WS as set bonus. You gotta take a 3 piece set with WS and then you are low on BS. Or you are going 5+2+2 but then you don't have that armor pen. To have 62% armor pen like you say you need to put everything into WS and armor pen. That limits the other options. Going all in on BS and WS means that you have almost no tough and wounds and very low FS.

You are saying that you have 1050 BS, 62% armor pen, 45% crit, 8.5k wounds, CF, Well Oiled, 120BS/120WS and TR slotted, some FS and keg. That's not possible. Not even with the top items the OP has.

nocturnalguest

Post#20 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:13 pm

Kiting when? :D

/salute for roaming around on engi. respect for that

But in regards to all this discussion - the great wisdom of succesfully roaming on any RDPS always was brilliant kiting skills. You need ones, no builds/specs or whatever will bring you same succes. In your videos i see it lacking.
Take a look on one awesome dude from old times - Varham. Best solo roam engi videos i seen (live excluded but live is totally different story)
For example this one viewtopic.php?p=347801#p347801. Took me a while with this bloody broken search function in this forum, but i did mange to find those gems. One can check further, Varham filmed alot. Eh, amazing play...

In the end, no "cap BS&700 WS" vs "BS+RP" or "crit" vs "arpen" or other things you guys actively discuss here will help you out if you stand still and didnt learn proper kiting. No balance, itemization, endless discussions of magus superiority, crying for deftard WE nerfs would ever solve this part for you.