Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/AM nerf?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kloaner

Re: Shaman/AM nerf?

Post#41 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:17 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:28 pm You guys miss the point 100%

Above all am/ shmy mechanic is the hardest in game and if you ignore it is ok as well I really like this and continuously gets out healed by lesser effort players so it is one the few things to figure out outside of getting a choppa to be more effective not sitting in red all the time

Am also is the stronger class of the two… most will never agree and I accept that. Regardless both aren’t top in any context really.
Sorry if that sounds like a personal attack, but not a single bug changes the fact that both can't even compete about the Place in a Group with the second AP Healer. That is all that matters. It's ok when you like the Mechanic, I'm sure there are also People who like to drive the Tour de France without doping, we all know how far they get.

@Ysaran it works in a short test in Warquarter
https://imgur.com/2FZ2L3A
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Ysaran

Post#42 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:32 pm

Kloaner wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:17 pm
Bozzax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:28 pm You guys miss the point 100%

Above all am/ shmy mechanic is the hardest in game and if you ignore it is ok as well I really like this and continuously gets out healed by lesser effort players so it is one the few things to figure out outside of getting a choppa to be more effective not sitting in red all the time

Am also is the stronger class of the two… most will never agree and I accept that. Regardless both aren’t top in any context really.
Sorry if that sounds like a personal attack, but not a single bug changes the fact that both can't even compete about the Place in a Group with the second AP Healer. That is all that matters. It's ok when you like the Mechanic, I'm sure there are also People who like to drive the Tour de France without doping, we all know how far they get.

@Ysaran it works in a short test in Warquarter
https://imgur.com/2FZ2L3A
Thank for confirming! Also, I agree with you
Zputadenti

Fey

Post#43 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 am

Yes it appears that the mechanic is bugged for years now. It should give a scaling reduction in cast speed, but it's just a flat value correct? I have an 80 shaman, and 60 AM and I honestly pay so little attention that I don't even know. Also the stacks decrease one at a time rather than all at once. That's a whole other discussion.

I think the chosen/kotbs mechanic needs attention before shaman/AM. Atm the bugged placeholder is good enough.

Honestly I think a buff to, Balance Essence/I'll Take That, is a decent change in the mean time. If you're dps with a big stack of Gork you can pop off a string of big heals and get some value. If you're a healer with a big stack of Mork it's basically useless.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ysaran

Post#44 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 am

Fey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 am Yes it appears that the mechanic is bugged for years now. It should give a scaling reduction in cast speed, but it's just a flat value correct? I have an 80 shaman, and 60 AM and I honestly pay so little attention that I don't even know. Also the stacks decrease one at a time rather than all at once. That's a whole other discussion.

I think the chosen/kotbs mechanic needs attention before shaman/AM. Atm the bugged placeholder is good enough.

Honestly I think a buff to, Balance Essence/I'll Take That, is a decent change in the mean time. If you're dps with a big stack of Gork you can pop off a string of big heals and get some value. If you're a healer with a big stack of Mork it's basically useless.
Ok, that's not a bug but the actual mechanic. On live, each stack of the mechanic decresed the cast time of your skills by 20%, up to insta cast with 5 stacks, and all the stacks were consumed at once. On RoR the mechanic is different. Each stack reduces cast time by 40% and you only consume one stack for each casted skill. On RoR the mechanic do other things. It deacrease the CD, increases the heal and damage, and reduces AP cost. I don't know if on Live the mechanic did other things beside decreasing the cast time.

Now, said that, the mechins IS bugged. If you collects some stacks of mechanic and the you mount up on your loyal wolf then the mechanc will not decrease untill you cast a spell the make it decrease (so if you casted 5 healing skill and then mounted up the mechanic will not decrease untill you cast a damage skill).
Zputadenti

Bozzax

Post#45 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Another bug is casting with cast time reduction on 1 pts. If you spam you get 2 cast of same mechanic with reduced cast tim fotg + I’ll take that and a -2 mechanic

Same problem at -1 with a 2-2,5 heal plus hot (end up with +2)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ysaran

Post#46 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:25 pm

That's not a bug. There is no middle point. You always go from 1 gork to 1 mork and from 1 mork to 1 gork
Zputadenti

Bozzax

Post#47 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:40 pm

That would be the correct outcome yes but there is a bug as I described

1 to -2 ( x2 cast with reduced cas time example fotg + itt)
-1 to 2

It is not every time and lag increases frequency
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

akisnaakkeli

Post#48 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:45 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 am
Fey wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:12 am Yes it appears that the mechanic is bugged for years now. It should give a scaling reduction in cast speed, but it's just a flat value correct? I have an 80 shaman, and 60 AM and I honestly pay so little attention that I don't even know. Also the stacks decrease one at a time rather than all at once. That's a whole other discussion.

Ok, that's not a bug but the actual mechanic. On live, each stack of the mechanic decresed the cast time of your skills by 20%, up to insta cast with 5 stacks, and all the stacks were consumed at once. On RoR the mechanic is different. Each stack reduces cast time by 40% and you only consume one stack for each casted skill. On RoR the mechanic do other things. It deacrease the CD, increases the heal and damage, and reduces AP cost. I don't know if on Live the mechanic did other things beside decreasing the cast time.

Now, said that, the mechins IS bugged. If you collects some stacks of mechanic and the you mount up on your loyal wolf then the mechanc will not decrease untill you cast a spell the make it decrease (so if you casted 5 healing skill and then mounted up the mechanic will not decrease untill you cast a damage skill).
On pts before ability rework if i remember correctly, it worked like live and every stack was 20% cast time reduction and with 5 stack instant cast. Also grp heal/fodg gave points for everyone healed so if full grp and you do grp heal with 5 dps points so its instant and the amount of people you heal with the spell you lost same amount of stacks so from 5dps to 2heal points.

In pts it worked like that, is how it works now intended change or is it bugged

Ads
Ysaran

Post#49 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:35 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:45 pm
Ysaran wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:59 am

On pts before ability rework if i remember correctly, it worked like live and every stack was 20% cast time reduction and with 5 stack instant cast. Also grp heal/fodg gave points for everyone healed so if full grp and you do grp heal with 5 dps points so its instant and the amount of people you heal with the spell you lost same amount of stacks so from 5dps to 2heal points.

In pts it worked like that, is how it works now intended change or is it bugged
How it works now on the main server is the intended way. Hopefully, the will revert back to live mechanic in future patches. Do you know if the mechanic on pts also increase/decreased damage/heal, AP cost or other parameters?
(Right now cleanse CD us decreased by 40% by mechanic, i.e. from 5s to 3s)
Zputadenti

Kerayes

Post#50 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:01 am

Many of you talk about AM having better morale pump, but don't forget that destro wbs can get them faster than Order wbs even if the EoV is a great tool to spread the Morale pump. It isn't enough to compeate anyway.

The problem is that both AM and Shaman are more or like just about healing and puddle. Better in zerg situations. But i think destro wbs have less reasons to pick shamans because zealot AND Dok are better in the meta. The dok's snare aura is huge at this moment and you want 1 zealot per group.

On the Order side, 1 RP per group is mandatory too, at least 1 AM because they still need morale pump even if they lose the morale pump duel by a lot and puddle because Order don't have a passive snare proc on aura.

To be honest, i think both took a lot of direct and indirect unfair nerf.