Recent Topics

Ads

Move camera freely with your mouse only

Let's talk about... everything else
Hakker

Move camera freely with your mouse only

Post#1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:36 am

I didn't know but when you click on mouse Bottom 1 (you leave your finger in place) and mouse bottom 2 (you leave your finger in place), your cursor dissipear and you can move the camera automaticly without pressing mouse bottom 2. And to desactivate this, you need to mouse Bottom 2 (you leave your finger in place) and mouse bottom 1.

I see no one talk about it and i see no parameter to set that. You just need to know that. Did you know that? It is just me? It was intented? If yes it is fine to be able to do that seriously.

Ads
gersy

Re: Move camera freely with your mouse only

Post#2 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:57 pm

camera/character movement being mapped to holding down mouse buttons is fairly universal in default mmo controls yes

karolis87

Post#3 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:32 pm

gersy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:57 pm camera/character movement being mapped to holding down mouse buttons is fairly universal in default mmo controls yes
Not what he said.

Omegus

Post#4 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 pm

Hakker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:36 am I didn't know but when you click on mouse Bottom 1 (you leave your finger in place) and mouse bottom 2 (you leave your finger in place), your cursor dissipear and you can move the camera automaticly without pressing mouse bottom 2. And to desactivate this, you need to mouse Bottom 2 (you leave your finger in place) and mouse bottom 1.

I see no one talk about it and i see no parameter to set that. You just need to know that. Did you know that? It is just me? It was intented? If yes it is fine to be able to do that seriously.
Assuming 1 = left and 2 = right, if I ever have both down at the same time the cursor vanishes but the character runs forward until I release buttons and then it stops but I then get control of the cursor back and no mouse-look happens.

I've just tried every combination I can think of for left/middle/right mouse button but nothing them lock the game into mouse-look mode unless I keep right mouse held down.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Tesq

Post#5 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:20 am

i always tough it was a bug...is that a feature?

gebajger

Post#6 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:14 pm

My mouse has only one bottom.
Rioz