Recent Topics

Ads

Why there is no unlock in tok for rare fortune set?

Let's talk about... everything else
naugrim

Why there is no unlock in tok for rare fortune set?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:33 pm

Hello,

I am wondering why the only set in the game without tok unlock is rare fortune set? Any reasons? It will be a good idea to add it...

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Why there is no unlock in tok for rare fortune set?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:47 pm

I created this set.

The intention was a set that can only be earned from killing R40+ champion (or better) mobs in open world PvE, at a very low drop rate. The gimmick being that it is one of the only sets that comes fully tradeable and bind on equip (something like 1:1250 to 1:2500). This means you can purchase it to skip much of the early T4 progression gear. This set is relatively high powered when compared to other purchasable/tradeable options that have no renown or progression requirement. The drawback being that it does not advance any progression which you still need to acquire otherwise.

It was named Rare Fortune as the expectation was that this style of set would likely be traded for pretty high amounts of gold as it serves a unique function in the broader itemization landscape for its power level. This also reflects the targeting of the set towards veteran players that are well established and collecting gear for an alt character. Since newer players might not be well versed on the most optimal methods of acquiring gear, I felt they would be in situations where they're fighting the sort of mobs that would drop the set, where veteran players would find those activities less optimal. The intent was that newer players would find the gear and either use it right away, or be able to sell it for a tidy sum on the AH or Trade chat, significantly supplementing their gold stocks for quite some time. The drop rates as low as they are make it almost insane to attempt farming a set for any of your characters as all 12 classes on your faction are in the same loot table, and there's no bias for your own class flagged in the table. If you want it, you're almost certainly going to be paying for each piece.

I assume when asking for a TOK entry, you probably want it to be part of the set progression, which I would prefer not to see for reasons above. If you just want a TOK entry for the sake of having one, I believe at this point that's a fairly trivial addition to make as far as development time goes. This was not the case when the set was first created. I'm not sure that's really a great option as TOK unlocks tend to get people invested in collecting the sets, and they're already very rare to begin with.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 pm

Having a ToK entry just for the completionists out there would be fine.

<--- sort-of completionist
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Nameless

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 am

What is the visuals of the set? Unique or similar to other set looks?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Albais

Post#5 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:28 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 am What is the visuals of the set? Unique or similar to other set looks?

Zulnam found some old screenshots of the set back in 2021, not sure if these are still up-to-date.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Emissary
Community Management

Post#6 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:02 pm

I will talk with Ekalime later tonight to see where he stands on it, will let you know.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!