Recent Topics

Ads

Melees overperforming

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: Melees overperforming

Post#31 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:01 pm

juzziex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:03 am Slayers are still on the monthly leaderboard when vast majority of other classes are not. They were also topping leaderboards month after month since the thing got introduced and would have been doing so since the beginning of T4 existence on the server 10 or whatever years ago.

Mara still not on the leaderboard. Never ever see WB player engi/sh/sw/magus on leaderboards EVER and lousy ass slayer players gonna ask for a buff? LOL. If anything keep nerfing that class and buff others thanks. Fix this 15 year old stale meta.
Yeap I agree with this and was expecting a meta change but didnt happen
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
wonshot

Post#32 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:19 pm

I might be wrong in this, but in my mind what pushes some classes to be top pick & meta seem to be related to what they bring and this would be my list of what you get out of a dps spot in a 2-2-2 composition for stacking aoe critical mass with the RoR higher Global cooldown shifting away from Morale zergbomb and instead small burst windows relying more on Channels for more Damage per second and sprinkling offensive procs on top for faster TimeToKill.

Some strong melee dps picks that does the job and are stackable:
- Slayer/choppa you get strong aoe channel ontop of an offensive class mechanic. The bonus is the flexability to do Singletarget pressure attacks And Healdebuff to create opening kills and Drop Da basha to make gaurding tanks soft. While not only being one of the most offensive mdps for aoe dps, you also get aoe utility debuffs. On top of being a natural mdps with snarebreaker+Charge to ensure you reach the killzones you need to be in.

- Whitelion the Loner + 1min cd burstwindow makes for burst on demand compared to ragebuilding slayers. Lower cooldown on the channels but provides aoe interrupt against enemy Channels make for a natrual fit into proc/channel stacking gameplay. Mobility again makes it easy to be where you need to be.

Some classes that bring good utility or damage but not so stackable atm

- Brightwizard/sorc you bring the punch but not enough to make up for the lack of missing mobility and utility melee classes have in their closerage aoe specs.
Having to stand still while channel puts you being in a constantly moving battlefield, not having Snarebreaker or charge you need to possition better despite being the same role as a melee class. Dealing magicdamage and fighting 40%softcap resistmitigation is an advantage over fighting Armor but then you have to deal with 3stacks of Hold the Line 45%disrupt rates + Challenges just like mdps.

- Engineer/Magus these classes are hard to cover at once but the Landmine, engineer Pierce Defences tactic, Magus mist while moving and other stuff which on paper make it seem decent such as turret ap pump or Magnet make it almost seem good on paper but deffo not stackable classes you can bring several of.

- Mara you get the Burst on demand like WL but without the stat scaling so despite all the CC/utility you bring with your Aoe knockdown, WS/ini debuff, frontal interrupt this class is tuned so it doesnt bring as much offensive punch while holding strong debuffs/utility/control

So without going over every dps class, the point I wanted to make here is that if we compare the WL vs the Monstro Mara the utility and burst on demand make both of them fit into a heavy Channeling meta with their interupt, but one is fragging and the other isnt because of aoe ability scaling being lower due to holding slightly more control/utility when both of them probably should be dealing less aoe scaling to compensate for their ability kit.
Close range casters having less utility, unable to move while channeling compared to melee with mobile channels and mdps mobility advantage there is barely much difference in their aoe damage output but mobility is night and day, so MPDS stacking is simple easier and better for the mentioned advantages.

Some indirect changes on RoR which also affected this,
Morale damage per second nerf pushed M2 classes back.
Globalcooldown increase made Channels stronger
Holdtheline 5%damage reduction debuff

TL:DR Mdps bring more utility, mobility and "same" damage as other classes so you get more meta tools and no damage loss while stacking mdps compared to nonmeta aoe dps classes
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Elfo7

Post#33 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:41 am

I haven't played for years and I made a sorcerer when I returned because I always wanted to be a glass cannon. What I have found so far after RR79 is that if you find a good competent choppa it is absolutely impossible to outdps them. I even struggled to outdps a crappy gear choppa with me using sov. And before someone says git gud or skill issue, I am usually top of the chart, it's just that when you find a good choppa, you will get outdpsed 100% of the time with no chance.

I even got kicked out of some premade wbs in favor of melee dps which are the best right now. Choppas have more survivality, better aoe dps, more armor, and get deathblows much easier, especially if they are guarded, they become tornados of death, same as slayers. Shadow warriors two shot me every single time, but I will never two shot them even with single spec, since you have to build 100% dark magic to do competent damage. Sieges? A good magus will also outdps you even if you try your best. I feel like the balance of the game is totally wrong. I thought that sorcs were going to be better, but here we are. In most games mages are the best dps, period. Either they tone down mdps or get sorcs to their lvl (and rest of the classes).

Fey

Post#34 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 am

Sorcs are in a good spot, particularly because of a potent and straightforward single target rotation. The thing is other dps are in a better spot, but it's not a huge gap.

I'm stuck playing healer, because most people want frags, and wouldn't touch support with a twenty-foot clown pole. Also your above average dps is absolute dog-water when you put them on heals. If you regularly play dps in a reasonable group, count yourself fortunate.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

tazdingo

Post#35 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:45 am

ranged is feeling a bit garbage. i just have no idea at all how i'm supposed to play engi right now

also gtdc just needs to go - i know dps isn't the balance focus right now but good god. i tried playing a smite based wp for the first time in years and it was just hell. that one ability kills so many playstyles