Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lemao

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#71 » Wed May 01, 2024 8:04 pm

Culexus wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm
Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm - Chop Fasta! - New 13 pt ability in Path of Da’ Brawler: Blessing. 35 AP. 5 ft range. Instant. No CD. Requires Great Weapon. Needs da’ Gud Plan!. Leads to da’ Best Plan!! - You hit your target for (225 + 1.5 x DB + 1.5 x WDPS) damage and increase your auto attack speed by 50% for 10 seconds. If you are behind the target, you will almost always deal critical damage.

I misread this at first, the "almost always deal critical damage" seems to just apply to the initial strike, not all hits over 10 sec. Thought this was going to be a really strong ability but this isn't at all worth it for 13pts in the tree and doesn't come close to making up for the loss of You Wot!. It seems like every time we get something with these patches we have to pay a price for it.

Get a group speed buff = Make block channel useless
Get a punt = Give up a tactic slot to make it work
Get a aoe snare = Give up a tactic slot and make the base ability worse
Get a 2h AA buff = Lose your only 2h defensive ability

I've stuck it out with the BO and was optimistic that you guys were finally going to put us on par with Chosen and Blackguards, but it really doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do with the class or has any experience playing one. I really can't fathom how anyone can put BO and BG side by side and think they are anywhere close in terms of balance. I was hoping to come back after my break and get stuck in with with the new and improved BO, but I think I'm finally going to have to accept what is and join the many other high rr BOs and just shelve the class. I hope you prove us all wrong and by the the time tank patches are done BO has gotten the same love you're giving to KotBS and BG, but as it stands at the moment it doesn't look good.
Ofc it only applies to the initial hit, which is still strong since it has no cd. I mean come on, how broken would it be if all your hits would crit for 10 seconds.

Ads
Culexus

Post#72 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:17 am

lemao wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:04 pm Ofc it only applies to the initial hit, which is still strong since it has no cd. I mean come on, how broken would it be if all your hits would crit for 10 seconds.

Yeah, I face-palmed pretty hard when I re-read the ability :lol: I think all the copium I've been huffing over the last few years is starting to get to me.

The crit element isn't strong at all though. No cd doesn't matter as it's mid tree so can't be spammed when you get behind your opponent (which incidentally is a very odd conditional for a tank) and will only be used at best every 6 gcds as we still have to keep the snare up on the second rotation.

As other posters have said, it's like they wanted to get rid of You Wot! but didn't know what else to put there so gave us a dps ability with half the base damage. The AA buff is strong, but like Waaagh! is isn't worth a top tree ability. I think if this ability replaced Arm Breaka and You Wot! was toned down with the self snare removed we wouldn't be seeing any of these complaints.
Last edited by Culexus on Thu May 02, 2024 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

what63

Post#73 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:31 am

ashton007 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:12 pm Problem with auto attack speed for BO is that you spend a lot of time channeling THC, I would instead make it auto attack damage rather than 50% auto attack speed. It would show a bit more use on that follow up hit right after THC.
This, and 2h is the spec that is by far the most saturated out of the tree on best plan abilties, to the point where you already neglect powerful stuff just to maintain rotation. It's just absurd to toss another short maintenance buff on there. As with the other trees, a longer buff/debuff would be far more prudent given that the stance mechanic is already strained to the max with what is available now.

Moonbiter

Post#74 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:26 am

Is there a chance to leave BO as is?
Why this weird changes needed at all?

For punt chain its much better to set punt on No Plan phase.

If You Wot buff uptime is high, then make it like Chosen Suppression.

The BO's planned changes risk make it unplayable again.

reynor007

Post#75 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 am

Moonbiter wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:26 am Is there a chance to leave BO as is?
Why this weird changes needed at all?

For punt chain its much better to set punt on No Plan phase.

If You Wot buff uptime is high, then make it like Chosen Suppression.

The BO's planned changes risk make it unplayable again.
You Wot was one of the strongest abilities in the game. vigilance kotbs lasted 10 seconds and also reduced your damage, Y wot, lasted 20 seconds with CD 30, gave much more bonuses and had no negative effects
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Farrul

Post#76 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 am

Decent SM buffs and IB is moving in the right direction again( i still honestly do not think 0,5 on grudge is going to suffice, consider 0.25 )

As for BO (ouch!)... as other have already written removing You Wot and replacing it with a new DPS ability is a mistake. BO 2H is not going to be in a good spot.

The main reason is that BO 2H did not need more dps but it certainly needed defences as the largest most easily targetable object on the battlefields. Besides the orc wounds racial tactics it seems to be the most squishiest 2h tank around.

The new tactic ( which is supposed to compensate a bit) is simply put in the wrong tree, it need to be placed in Brawler for decent builds to be made, besides it double taxes the BO since it also requires a tactic slot(!) whereas You Wot did not.

This is big nerf to the BO 2H and the replacement is not needed at all.

Imho instead of a fancy new ability for the BO ( seems to be the same idea behind the SM new ability, difference is the implementation synergizes well for SM, for BO it is the opposite)

Instead i'd like to suggest reasonable nerf to You WoT!?!!! and let it remain as the 13pt Brawler ability.

Make it require 2h ( No more SnB You Wot) and lower the defences to 10% down from 15%, resistances to 20% down from 30%. ( let armor remain 30% and 10% damage)

Finally after years of griefing the playerbase the most broken roaming spec, Def Regen WE can't go around dealing damage without building mainstat like every dps class should, good job dev team on Witch Brew adjustments to scale with DB.
Last edited by Farrul on Thu May 02, 2024 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Farrul

Post#77 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:05 am

reynor007 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 amYou Wot was one of the strongest abilities in the game. vigilance kotbs lasted 10 seconds and also reduced your damage, Y wot, lasted 20 seconds with CD 30, gave much more bonuses and had no negative effects
I am not sure if you played BO yourself, however i must correct you since You Wot had big downside in the self-snare component, running slow is a death sentence to tank sometimes. But i Agree You Wot was perhaps a bit too good, hence why nerfing it a bit and excluding it from SnB is the best solution for BO and would make everyone happy. This new ability replacement is a mistake.

Moonbiter

Post#78 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:44 am

You Wot iznt too gud.
1. It has 10 sec self snare
2. It works 20sec with 30cd (See the Suppression)
3. It gives around 150 resists which is very low compare with Da Greenest 380
4. +30% armour for a tank...I don't see the effect most of the time. The armour is not a weak spot
5. +10% dmg is for offence, while itz clear defense ability. I can't use it for dmg because of self snare after 20sec. So, that +10% dmg is highly situational

So, You Wot has many contradictions instead of synnergy. The only gud is +15% defence, but it works just 2/3 of time, so itz equal to +10% average. Not much, huh?

I agree that BO need defensive ability, not one more offensive.

E.g. You Wot v2:
Damaging (some avg dmg)
Require Great weapon
20sec buff: +15% defensive (as is)
20sec cd

PS Follow 'me Lead need to be stacked as it was some time ago

PPS the 'mostest' pain for BO is lack of synnergy of abilities and tactics. Chosen and BG has it.

Ads
normanis

Post#79 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am

Farrul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:05 am
reynor007 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 amYou Wot was one of the strongest abilities in the game. vigilance kotbs lasted 10 seconds and also reduced your damage, Y wot, lasted 20 seconds with CD 30, gave much more bonuses and had no negative effects
I am not sure if you played BO yourself, however i must correct you since You Wot had big downside in the self-snare component, running slow is a death sentence to tank sometimes. But i Agree You Wot was perhaps a bit too good, hence why nerfing it a bit and excluding it from SnB is the best solution for BO and would make everyone happy. This new ability replacement is a mistake.
ppl before in forum told use juggernout to remove snare (when u wot appeared first time in ror) because 2h black orc was squishy and ppl buffed class without downgrades.(its not downgrade if u can remove debuff by yourself :D ).
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

what63

Post#80 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 am

normanis wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:00 am
Farrul wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:05 am
ppl before in forum told use juggernout to remove snare (when u wot appeared first time in ror) because 2h black orc was squishy and ppl buffed class without downgrades.(its not downgrade if u can remove debuff by yourself :D ).
Juggernaut used to remove the debuff, no longer does after ability rework. Also, having to pop a one minute CD for the sake of clearing anything is still very much not a boon anyways lol