Recent Topics

Ads

Gold Exploit

Let's talk about... everything else
wiscel

Re: Gold Exploit

Post#91 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Please no scenario currency wipe please. Already lost my 210 emblem Sorc staff once. Farmed all over again to get the staff once more.

IF there is going to be a gold wipe, might as well bring all characters back to L1, NO gold or silver whatsoever. And we start all over again?

From last gold wipe I remember everyone got 1 gold, so people will make tons of alts on different accounts.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads
Sulorie

Post#92 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Renork wrote:I wouldn't worry about this too much. Eventually once t3 is released, you will be able to convert your medallions to recruit medallions and salvage purple fragments again.
If you mean decimator set, the it won't or shouldn't work. Deci gave blue fragments on live. I assume it was made to make it more difficult to acquire purple fragments, as it was possible to downgrade medallions to buy lots of Deci items.
Dying is no option.

xxstealthxx

Post#93 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:13 pm

A gold/non-equipped item wipe would be a lot easier for me to swallow if it happened in conjunction with the release of T3, or even an expanded level cap (like to 31). Even equipped gear would become largely irrelevant and most would be on a level playing field after a few days. Most players would be lost in the grind to 30/31 and have less time to dwell on the wipe.

That is, of course, until the next exploit. Though I admire the hell out of our devs, they obviously are severely outnumbered by players and are becoming moreso each day. Someone is always going to figure out a new exploit and the rest of us will continue to suffer because of it. It's something I've come to accept, but that doesn't mean it's easy to swallow.

magter3001

Post#94 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm

When you do wipe everything, can you reset all influence rewards so that we can have our appearances back? :)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Renork

Post#95 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Renork wrote:I wouldn't worry about this too much. Eventually once t3 is released, you will be able to convert your medallions to recruit medallions and salvage purple fragments again.
If you mean decimator set, the it won't or shouldn't work. Deci gave blue fragments on live. I assume it was made to make it more difficult to acquire purple fragments, as it was possible to downgrade medallions to buy lots of Deci items.

Didn't they give purple frags towards the end?

Also, the people saying "don't wipe my scenario weapons". Um, you can't buy those with gold...so why would they wipe those out of your inventory :>

Nanji

Post#96 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Wipe every item and gold, but reset influance rewards. (dont forget the bank)
Otherwise those exploiters will find a way to maintain their wealth.
For examply by buying expensive stuff that can be sold later on for a fraction of the spent sum but still an "infinite" amount.

Also the devs should be aware that you might be able to sell a weird item to a merchant and buy it back after the wipe took place.
inactive on forums to avoid final ban

class imbalance = l2p issue

Renork

Post#97 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Nanji wrote:Wipe every item and gold, but reset influance rewards. (dont forget the bank)
Otherwise those exploiters will find a way to maintain their wealth.
For examply by buying expensive stuff that can be sold later on for a fraction of the spent sum but still an "infinite" amount.

Also the devs should be aware that you might be able to sell a weird item to a merchant and buy it back after the wipe took place.

Pretty sure they can check to see how much gold each account has. Also, scenario weapons (not emblems) have nothing to do with gold/crafting exploit.

Landaren

Post#98 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Or raise the lvl cap again and the gear becomes worthless

Ads
Landaren

Post#99 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Also I guess I understand why people want the SC emblem wipe, because you know they were getting farmed by guys with better gear.

Naraes
Former Staff

Post#100 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:20 pm

magter3001 wrote:When you do wipe everything, can you reset all influence rewards so that we can have our appearances back? :)

^ This!
Spoiler:
Destruction: Naraes-WE
Order: Arwen (Not From Live)

I am 99% Destro biased.