Recent Topics

Ads

[Shadow Warrior] General Build Theory

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thorondir

Re: [Shadow Warrior] General Build Theory

Post#11 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:29 pm

I haven't tested the initiative debuff for stacking - so it is possible that it may. It seems like a poor game mechanic to have stacking buffs/debuffs in that manner so I suspect it won't stack in RoR. But confirmation is needed.

The Ballistic buff definitely does not stack, I confirmed that.

In any event, the proc amounts to being only an initiative debuff (which may or may not stack with another long duration debuff).

Ads
Stinkyweed

Post#12 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:05 pm

If it does not stack init debuff than the proc does not add value, agreed. I also noticed the BS does not stack for a SH either.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Manatikik

Post#13 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:49 pm

In live and now in RoR (though still only t1) I found that in early T4 Festerbombing was the best way to have a high impact; but this will probably be different since everyone is leveling in the same wave so you won't need to try to festerbomb to do any noticeable damage. However, I find Assault SW is hands down the best path you can go. Brutal Assault piercing all damage is **** ridiculously strong as a finisher/mid battle attack. I would get Assault path pretty high then get Shadow Sting for the DoT and 50% reduced healing; with Keen Arrowheads tactic your two DoT's do a bit of damage. You start out applying your dots and AA then SFA to get up and then melee them down - ridiculous damage output in a burst stand point.

Gear wise you just build BS and WS; this maximizes your damage in both ranged and melee. Just my imo.
<Montague><Capulet>

dmbob

Post#14 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:12 pm

Sorry guys but i never played a SW before, and im very curious to play it. I see your spec guide ( this one http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 5:3963:0:0:) and i find it very good but i have problems in finding a good rotation for abilities. There are a lot of abilities and im in difficult to chose a very effective rotation, can you please suggest a good one?
Tnx all guys

Aquilon

Post#15 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:16 pm

dmbob wrote:Sorry guys but i never played a SW before, and im very curious to play it. I see your spec guide ( this one http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 5:3963:0:0:) and i find it very good but i have problems in finding a good rotation for abilities. There are a lot of abilities and im in difficult to chose a very effective rotation, can you please suggest a good one?
Tnx all guys
Keynote: make best possible use of second moral - Unshakable Focus. Not an easy task to execute. Timing and distance are critical.

While moral is building up, assist your allies and find suitable targets. Sorcs, squigs, choppas...tanks :mrgreen: in offensive setup. Any target could be squishy enough. Install BuffHead addon, adjust it to show Guard.

Spam Flame Arrow and Broadhead Arrow, assist your allies with Acid Arrow and Eagle Eye, Glass Arrow against ranged targets and with Takedown or Eye Shot it is possible to save someone's life.
Don't forget about Vengeance of Nagarythe (don't triggers global cooldown). VoN is our friend. :D

Generic rotation is: AA+VoN+EE, but many people know what's what and break the distance after Acid Arrow, so you might not want to use it, while attempting to snipe the target. :mrgreen:
But, if you can, use everything: BA, FA, AA, VoN + EE. Fell the Weak to be sure :mrgreen: , Glass Arrow (it's instant cast) for some extra damage. Rapid Fire can be used as finisher too.

When second moral is ready it's basically : VoN + Unshakable Focus + EE + target we were searching for + hope for the best. ;)

Good hunting.
Means determine end.

dmbob

Post#16 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:35 am

Thanks a lot for info! You aid me a lot :)

dmbob

Post#17 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:56 am

So guys you reccomend me this class? Atm im low in level and i have a level 12 Engineer and BW.
So what's best to rise as a dps class?

Foxbeep

Post#18 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Whichever you like playing the most should be your focus

BW will always have the best damage potential and burst
Engie will have a lot of utility and CC
SW will be called a "hybrid" class and nerfed/ignored until late T4 but is doing alright right now regardless, decent damage but doesn't bring much to a group other than the heal debuff and raw damage, which is usually higher than engie but doesn't really touch brightwizard.

SW is good if you want to solo play or roam, you can even get a gank or two in if you're clever and use your distance and cooldowns effectively but it takes a bit of working to get the stance mechanic to work for you rather than against you.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#19 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:27 pm

This is what I'm aiming for.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 963:3966:0:

Should I go WS or BS?

Foxbeep

Post#20 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:32 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:This is what I'm aiming for.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 963:3966:0:

Should I go WS or BS?

"Aiming for"

Nice pun :roll:

It depends entirely on your current stats. Are you BS capped with potions?