Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] tactic

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toldavf

Re: [Marauder] tactic

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:33 am

Mara have a bag of good tactics in t4 but the stat tactics aren't anywhere near the top of the list they have so many good other tactics you'll wish you had more slots.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:34 am

Bretin wrote:why on earth would anyone use a stat tactic on the mrd at lvl 40 voluntary?

"The Brut one had some merit on live (for double stacking str) "

where did you take those slots and the additional mastery point from?
at 32 you CAN run bruteforce but still have better options due to the fact that offensive stats - e.g. strength - are more overrated than Nerfed Buttons.
but what if your a hipster who runs brut mara with full deva for corrosion then str is critical since you cannot rely of rng armor debuff

Toldavf

Post#13 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 am

Won't flanking give better damage then just throwing strength further into the orange? Also no tb?

Bretin

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:38 am

TenTonHammer wrote:but what if your a hipster who runs brut mara with full deva for corrosion then str is critical since you cannot rely of rng armor debuff
what? why should str become critical when running brutality? your post makes 0 sense... in t4 marauder has 6 useful tactics outside of largescale pvp.

foof

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Bretin wrote:why on earth would anyone use a stat tactic on the mrd at lvl 40 voluntary?

"The Brut one had some merit on live (for double stacking str) "

where did you take those slots and the additional mastery point from?
at 32 you CAN run bruteforce but still have better options due to the fact that offensive stats - e.g. strength - are more overrated than Nerfed Buttons.
I apologize if my post wasn't clear. My point was, the only reason to use the brut stat tactic on live was while leveling (if you for some reason decided to level as Brut, which not many people did), to double stack str (as flanking doesn't work all that well in solo pve). And usually only around the 20-30 range at that, even then, it still wasn't that good.

I'm pretty sure we are in agreeance about the overall usefulness of these tactics (quite low).

foof

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Toldavf wrote:Won't flanking give better damage then just throwing strength further into the orange? Also no tb?
Indeed flanking does give better damage. At 40 you shouldn't be using any stat tactics including Brute Force.

foof

Post#17 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Toldavf wrote:Won't flanking give better damage then just throwing strength further into the orange? Also no tb?
Indeed flanking does give better damage. At 40 you shouldn't be using any stat tactics including Brute Force.

Bretin is correct, in general there is 6 useful tactics outside of mass rvr. They are: GI, FoF, DI, DC, Flanking, and PB. Theres also the old tank up and use exhaustive strikes/crushing blows build while spamming AoE, but thats a mass spam kinda thing.

Toldavf

Post#18 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:28 pm

foof wrote:

Bretin is correct, in general there is 6 useful tactics outside of mass rvr. They are: GI, FoF, DI, DC, Flanking, and PB. Theres also the old tank up and use exhaustive strikes/crushing blows build while spamming AoE, but thats a mass spam kinda thing.
Indeed it is a big decision on what to run in T4 on what I will run in t4 to max out my dps having never played it for a significant amount of time on live I'm unsure about what setup I will use. If I can cap str without brute force all the better really.

Ads
Vigfuss

Post#19 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:37 pm

I remember one of the best Marauders was still using BF in T4, but only because he was putting a lot of renown into RD and CW for Zerg busting.

Those stat tactics would be a lot nicer (at level 32) if they didn't only apply to one stance, although the total stat contribution is probably a bit too high for that.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim