Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher has taken a full week to download

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
twitchtvbrobot02

Re: Launcher has taken a full week to download

Post#11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 am

EvilbillSchism wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 am Sorry only just saw this and am at work right now so I'll have to keep my response brief. If you go into your Documents folders, find the folder that "Launcher.exe" is located within (where you downloaded the game files to I think) and within that page you'll find "RORUpdater.exe." It's a little tricky I know; when I get home tonight I will see if I can link the actual pathway that I used, though there's no guarantees that the pathway is the same for everyone (still worth a try though).

In short, just go to your Warhammer Online files (wherever your game was installed to) in your Drive and it should be under one of the files there. Like I said, more to follow if I can find it again ;P
I found the updater and used it instead. But it seems its only slightly faster. im currently at 570/4106 and its been twenty minutes

Ads
EvilbillData

Post#12 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 am

Also if an admin sees this and having two accounts is against the rules, then please delete the above account. I honestly don't know the password and will never use it again. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Just can't delete it myself - and I've never actually logged in using it. anyways it's a dead account. Feel free to delete it - I don't particularly care about it unless it infringes on the rules.

EvilbillData

Post#13 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 am

ok that's not the best. I don't claim to have the full answer, but just thought I'd post it to help if I could. I would suggest submitting a ticket if I knew how. And it could be an internet thing - I have VERY FEW people around me as I live in rural New Zealand so that may contribute. Sorry if I can't help - it's not a perfect solution but I hope it helped anyway ;P

WarCroma

Post#14 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 am

starting the RoRUpdater just puts me in the same spot as before..

the launcher just downloads everything again.
no change than to just start the launcher.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:38 am

Guys the hell are you even doing? Use the torrent and the game should be done updating within the next 30 mins.

Caloran

Post#16 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:55 am

Can confirm same for me. Worked fine for a bit but noticed I couldn't open bags. Left the game and when I went to play again its having me download the entire game over again. This was with the torrent downloaded.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:30 am

Hmmm weird... That you cant open bags on the first try is normal. But ive never had to download the full game again

Caloran

Post#18 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Oh man this is beyond frustrating. I have downloaded the torrent twice. Followed instructions and it starts downloading manifesto/entire game every time.

I had the game working at one point. At a bit of a loss here.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#19 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Do you have any antivirus or windows defender running? You will most likely need to allow an exception for the game folder so that the program doesn't delete key files or prevent RoR launcher/Updater from running correctly.

Also, ensure when you run the game that the read only property is disabled on the game folder, and if you downloaded it via torrent, make sure to move the folder or remove it from the torrent program.

Garner

Post#20 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:26 pm

I think it's supposed to load the Manifest and verify all 7 art files and download around 4,500 files on your first start up.