Recent Topics

Ads

Last event

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: Last event

Post#11 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:53 am

Add renown Bonus for objectives done and crests based on contribution (all players with contri get reward Not only the best)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Lisutaris

Post#12 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:13 am

This scenario could be alot of fun tbh.
First phase both grps try to get the minibosses (turn them destro or order as flag). Then most likely on the 3rd it will be a fight.
After that, konstantine spawn in mid happens, teams clash again and fight over the boss.

It's pretty much the perfect example for a scenario with pve and pvp content combined. So, yes, to play like this needs to be promoted.
Problem are the rewards for going for kills. They are just too strong. Adding more renown to playing the objectives would help for sure. Maybe even reducing the crests from kills but increasing it alil bit for winning, who knows.

What will not change, whatever happens in the future. Premades will win over pugs :) Premades are usually better equipped and have comms and balanced teams on top of that. Therefore, it doesnt really matter what a SC is about ... You will get stomped if you are going in solo or duo . (in most scenarios, sometimes you can be lucky ofc).
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

JohnnyWayne

Post#13 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:52 pm

Smaller groups / well geared players can carry and tip the tides for pugs. I've done it before, it depends on the skill level of the premade. I feel like there is a lot of disucssion to be had about SCs in general, match maker, reward structure, map design. I am unsure if we will ever get to a point for this discussion to matter. :/

The easiest solution for now would be, to remove the Vampire kill condition fromt he event tasks.

Pentarch

Post#14 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Blasphemy for any negativity!

Thank you to all the devs for your continuing work to not only keep WAR alive but to make it better than it was on live!!!!!

Never forget this game shouldn't even exist right now!
Tricksyy - Destro

Fey

Post#15 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:55 am

No one is going into a scenario with the intention of pve-ing. We want a scrap, and we have little time to find one. Three mobs to kill is too much tedium.

You can blame players all you want. I wonder how far that will get you.

I don't know how to quote another post because I'm over 40 and a tradesman. Avoiding a fight is as essential as taking one. If you can't win a fight, you should avoid it. ODC is an excellent scenario for encouraging guerilla style gameplay to push objectives, and gain advantage over a larger or more powerful enemy. The idea that running from a fight is detrimental to the game just baffles me like soffet.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan