Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Flames of Fate

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nishka
Suspended

Re: [Marauder] Flames of Fate

Post#101 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:44 pm

tomato wrote:@Nishka He shouldn't? Why the **** should a squishy survive focused dps?
Because 1st lvl 65ft morale which is a death sentence without counterplay is a bit too much?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Shadowgurke

Post#102 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Nishka wrote:I am curious, how, as a squishy, i'm supposed to survive 10sec of focus from all destro's dps of the scene, while being rooted in place?
You are not supposed to survive as a solo squishy against the focus of "several" destro dps, neither are you supposed to be able to kite indefinitely against mDPS. In a coordinated group vs. group you will get guard on you and your healer is going to keep you alive. In a 1on1 situation the mDPS will probably not live long enough to get M1 and if he does you can counter it with knockback. Uncoordinated PUG vs uncoordinated PUG the Mara is most likely going to run in and die, unless you were caught in a bad position in which case you deserve to die anyway. In all other situations you are outnumbered and should not expect to survive
Last edited by Shadowgurke on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#103 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Nishka wrote:
bloodi wrote:
Nishka wrote:I agree, the morale is op for both sides. Reducing the range to 5ft would be ok.
Nice try but no, its fine as it is, it has plenty of counterplay alone and in group.
Well, answer the question then. How a squishy supposed to survive a focus by the all sc dps?

5ft would mean nothing to wl with pounce so this would be more or less a 1 faction nerf

secondly through guard and heals, furthermore if all of destro focuses a target then good on them for prioritizing and focsesing their attack secondly if all the enemy focus one target then that leaves ample time for a tand to come in and cc with stagger or punt etc

Nishka
Suspended

Post#104 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
Nishka wrote:I am curious, how, as a squishy, i'm supposed to survive 10sec of focus from all destro's dps of the scene, while being rooted in place?
You are not supposed to survive as a solo squishy against the focus of "several" destro dps, neither are you supposed to be able to kite indefinitely against mDPS. In a coordinated group vs. group you will get guard on you and your healer is going to keep you alive. In a 1on1 situation the mDPS will probably not live long enough to get M1 and if he does you can counter it with knockback. Uncoordinated PUG vs uncoordinated PUG the Mara is most likely going to run in and die, unless you were caught in a bad position in which case you deserve to die anyway. In all other situations you are outnumbered and should not expect to survive
Bad position? it's damn 65ft range skill. It can get you anywhere. No, knockback doesn't counter it because it takes much less than 10sec to run back after you were knocked away.
And 'guard doesn't make you immortal, you know? 10 sec is more than enough to kill any guarded squishy.
And why tank's champion's challenge has 5 ft range and deals no damage? Why mdps has better control than a tank?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Penril

Post#105 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Nishka wrote:
bloodi wrote:
Nishka wrote:I agree, the morale is op for both sides. Reducing the range to 5ft would be ok.
Nice try but no, its fine as it is, it has plenty of counterplay alone and in group.
Well, answer the question then. How a squishy supposed to survive a focus by the all sc dps?
I have an idea. When a Mara uses his M1 on you, one of your tanks can use his M1 on him (keeping you out of his range). He could use a KD too or a superpunt (IB or BG).

You could use your M1 to punt the other mdps (or maybe your other tank, assuming you have two, can use his M1 on that guy too).

If you have a WL in your group, he could use his M1 on someone else. If you have an engie, he can use a 5 sec stagger. Your BW/SW can use their ranged KD/snares.

TL;DR: You survive being focused by an enemy group... with help from your own group.

Toldavf

Post#106 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Nishka wrote: Why mdps has better control than a tank?
people might argue the same about a certain rdps class *runs*
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Nishka
Suspended

Post#107 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:59 pm

There's no such thing as "lone mara"... destros always have tons of melee. Last time I was on sc they had 10 melees of 12 players.
A weak m1 knockback won't save you against a melee train. Not to mention that without the concealment m1 you're a free frag for any sorc. If range can't be nerfed because wl, why not to nerf duration? Even 5 sec is more than enough to kill any sitting duck squishy, but it will give them at least some chance to survive it.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#108 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Ziliya wrote:Your responses are pure desperation. Keep grabbing for those straws...
Me and my 5 other alt accounts posting the same thing, dont you forget about everyone else.

That or maybe you had no argument to begin with, hence why you are resorting to posting **** like this or "you got BTFO" instead of trying to argue why should we nerf this morale in particular when it does the same **** a lot other abilities do, forcing you to have a group to survive.
Nishka wrote:Well, answer the question then. How a squishy supposed to survive a focus by the all sc dps?
Now is all the sc dps? Look, if you are trying to argue things, at least drop the pathetic hyperboles.

And since multiple people already pointed to you what you are supposed to do, go and try it.

Nishka wrote:...
Ah yes, anecdotal evidence and another attempt at using a situation where somehow, its 1vs12.
Nishka wrote:Not to mention that without the concealment m1 you're a free frag for any sorc.
Check what detaunt does mate.
Last edited by bloodi on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Penril

Post#109 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Nishka wrote:There's no such thing as "lone mara"... destros always have tons of melee. Last time I was on sc they had 10 melees of 12 players.
A weak m1 knockback won't save you against a melee train. Not to mention that without the concealment m1 you're a free frag for any sorc. If range can't be nerfed because wl, why not to nerf duration? Even 5 sec is more than enough to kill any sitting duck squishy, but it will give them at least some chance to survive it.
Let's nerf concealment. It is too powerful for being a M1, my sorc can't even touch them for 7 seconds, when they use it it is gg for me. My punt is useless against them since they are ranged.

This is how you look like when you cry about Mara M1.

Shadowgurke

Post#110 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Nishka wrote:
Bad position? it's damn 65ft range skill. It can get you anywhere
And using it on max range without any sort of push going on it will do nothing. You act like it's a one time root and the enemy is dead. Unless you push the root does nothing on max range
Nishka wrote:No, knockback doesn't counter it because it takes much less than 10sec to run back after you were knocked away.
If you snare the marauder it takes probably around 5-7 seconds to get back to you, assuming he used it somewhat on max range. That leaves you with 5-3 seconds to survive with detaunts other forms of CC or, you know, just killing the damn marauder.
Nishka wrote: And 'guard doesn't make you immortal, you know? 10 sec is more than enough to kill any guarded squishy.
Welcome to the life of every DPS that isn't range. Guard doesn't make you immortal. It severely increases your chances of survival. Combined with detaunt, knockbacks and other forms of CC you will be able to survive, especially if we go from the assumption that the M1 was used on maximum range. Also keep in mind that most rDPS actually have medium armor, so not really squishies. Healers should have Focused Mind anyway which can also be used as a final option.
And why tank's champion's challenge has 5 ft range and deals no damage? Why mdps has better control than a tank?
Not all morales are created equal. There are several intricate reasons why Mara/WL M1 is 65 feet and CC is 5ft, but I don't think that should be discussed here. As for your last point, Mara does not have better control than a tank.