Recent Topics

Ads

[Eng/Magus] Sticky Bombs / Seed of Chaos

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Natherul
Developer

Re: [Engineer - Magus] Sticky bombs / Seed of chaos

Post#151 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 am

Grunbag wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:Rng means random Number generator
Ok ty , so something that proc ok damage is RNG ?
Anything that has a random element in it will be called RNG, its bad for a spell / ability to have RNG in itself but it might be ok for a tactic, just my thought on the matter.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#152 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:54 am

Natherul wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:Rng means random Number generator
Ok ty , so something that proc ok damage is RNG ?
Anything that has a random element in it will be called RNG, its bad for a spell / ability to have RNG in itself but it might be ok for a tactic, just my thought on the matter.
Ok thank you for making it clear
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Tesq

Post#153 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Penril wrote:That's RNG and, afaik, nothing with RNG will ever be implemented in RoR. I suggest you guys think of something different.
What is RNG ?

@Tesq : that's the goal , using the ability on an target that's got a serious focus . If you don't the ability would have too low chance to do damage , it will encourage assist/group play
ye but 20 proc in 1 sec are a not for me big as a house, even more if then it subject to scale up with your stat increase, either a x sec with a ICD or a fixed number of time x attack to add burst and i want put attentiont to add burst not to add a burst which became a burst-substain since i think it will have a resonable CD.

peterthepan3

Post#154 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Just increase the damage, and reduce the duration so that it actually has a chance to deal the damage in any environment other than zerg (cleanses). It doesn't need a CC component.

Alternatively: make it function like Seed of Chaos from WoW, so that it will explode for X amount of damage after the target receives Y amount of damage. Would allow change magi/grenade engis to set up some cool burst, and coordinate it with their team.

Tesq

Post#155 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Alternatively: make it function like Seed of Chaos from WoW, so that it will explode for X amount of damage after the target receives Y amount of damage. Would allow change magi/grenade engis to set up some cool burst, and coordinate it with their team.
that's an interesting idea, it wont at least make happen indefinite procs and can probably be set up to give an end rotation dmg that way; tough how you definite the value for the proc? (think it should scale up and have a kind of proportion with the dmg it does).

peterthepan3

Post#156 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Tesq wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Alternatively: make it function like Seed of Corruption from WoW, so that it will explode for X amount of damage after the target receives Y amount of damage. Would allow change magi/grenade engis to set up some cool burst, and coordinate it with their team.
that's an interesting idea, it wont at least make happen indefinite procs and can probably be set up to give an end rotation dmg that way; tough how you definite the value for the proc? (think it should scale up and have a kind of proportion with the dmg it does).
Not too sure to be honest. Simplest thing, maybe, would be to make it deal damage similar to Shaman's Da Big Waagh after target receives a certain amount of damage.

Alternatively, amplify the damage it does by 20% per DoT you have active on the target. Change/Grenade are DoT specs, and ought to be able to contend with the other specs as a means of dishing out respectable (i.e. not fluff) damage.

For example:

Seed of Chaos will deal X amount of damage to your target after 5 seconds. For every dot that you have active, this damage is amplified by 20%.

Even if it proved to be too powerful in an aoe setting, it could be made ST. Would give the spec some sort of 'rotation' outside of Ifoc and Rend Winds spam.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#157 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:18 am

Tesq wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
Penril wrote:That's RNG and, afaik, nothing with RNG will ever be implemented in RoR. I suggest you guys think of something different.
What is RNG ?

@Tesq : that's the goal , using the ability on an target that's got a serious focus . If you don't the ability would have too low chance to do damage , it will encourage assist/group play
ye but 20 proc in 1 sec are a not for me big as a house, even more if then it subject to scale up with your stat increase, either a x sec with a ICD or a fixed number of time x attack to add burst and i want put attentiont to add burst not to add a burst which became a burst-substain since i think it will have a resonable CD.

Anyway , penril said he doesn't want Ann ability with proc rate . We have to think about something else , and forget nitro grenade

Toldavf

Post#158 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:57 am

You could have the damage start small and ramp up as the timer ticks away kinda like bleed um out but not as hard hitting.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Penril

Post#159 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Anyway , penril said he doesn't want Ann ability with proc rate . We have to think about something else , and forget nitro grenade
Incorrect. I never said that: what i said was that afaik, devs hate skills with RNG (skills that have an X chance to randomly do Y) and prefer other alternatives. Therefore, I only suggested you guys thought of something else.

I don't decide what gets implemented (i have said this a bazillion times).

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#160 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Penril wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
Incorrect. I never said that: what i said was that afaik, devs hate skills with RNG (skills that have an X chance to randomly do Y) and prefer other alternatives. Therefore, I only suggested you guys thought of something else.

I don't decide what gets implemented (i have said this a bazillion times).
Alright, misunderstood then.
I was also thinking of making the explosion proc with firebomb. Using firebomb on the target that have sticky bomb would detonate the explosion .