Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Pugger's guide to the BO w/ video

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: [Black Orc] Pugger's guide to the BO w/ video

Post#21 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Dalgrimar wrote: Your so strange, not sure if u even read what i say.
Did i ever mentioned 3 tanks?
lol.
Im kinda done talking with you already bruh.

SnB chosen is mandatory in a variety of parties If you take BO as a second tank and your purpose is a tanky assist dps why on earth would you take 2H over SnB?

SnB is more durable, a better guard has additional utility with hold the line can spec You Missed Me which stack with crippling strikes and does fine assist damage as well.

There is literally no reason to take a 2h bo in a party over SnB Bo

Ads
Bretin

Post#22 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:43 pm

i made the comparison Chosen vs. BO a few weeks earlier in a different thread. feel free to use the search function and you (hopefully) realize that i don't "over sell" the BO. he is the best destru tank, period. because ppl play him as a useless AoE punt bot or tryhard dmg idiot it doesn't make the class but the ppl bad! = L2P ISSUE!

rmpl

Post#23 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Chosen/KOTBS punt tactic requires r35 and no1 specs into the tree with BO's KD or that -20% st physical debuff, so you end up with no KD and shitty aoe punt aka free immunity giver.

ST Shatterlimbs is nice but lets not forget BG has Choking Fury (which isn't as good but still pretty useful). 20% less magic damage is also nice but it only lasts 4s and requires Da Best Plan. Stat steal is definitely the major redeeming factor for the class but I'd still take a BG over BO.

Jaycub

Post#24 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:51 pm

pls don't bully me bretin :( I am just a simple NA rube who stepped out of line with that comment and I am terribly sorry.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dalgrimar

Post#25 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:56 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote: Your so strange, not sure if u even read what i say.
Did i ever mentioned 3 tanks?
lol.
Im kinda done talking with you already bruh.

SnB chosen is mandatory in a variety of parties If you take BO as a second tank and your purpose is a tanky assist dps why on earth would you take 2H over SnB?

SnB is more durable, a better guard has additional utility with hold the line can spec You Missed Me which stack with crippling strikes and does fine assist damage as well.

There is literally no reason to take a 2h bo in a party over SnB Bo
Only thing you miss on 2hander BO is Ya Missed Me and morale building tactic.
I wouldnt ever spec Ya Missed Me annyway and on 2hander you could be as tanky as SnB almost and do way more assist dmg.
And ofc chosen is very good as main tank but BG can do aswell it just a matter of who is on.

EDIT: Im speaking about Live btw, current T3 is whole different story and i wouldnt go 2hander
Last edited by Dalgrimar on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

TenTonHammer

Post#26 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:57 pm

rmpl wrote:Chosen/KOTBS punt tactic requires r35 and no1 specs into the tree with BO's KD or that -20% st physical debuff, so you end up with no KD and shitty aoe punt aka free immunity giver.

On what grounds should BO not Spec into DYG and YMM?

The change from 13 to 9pts for the KD was a huge buff to DPS spec BO

its a matter of playstyle now you can get one of the hardest hitting KDs in the game or a spammable AoE snare that pretty much perma **** up melee trains

TenTonHammer

Post#27 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Dalgrimar wrote: Only thing you miss on 2hander BO is Ya Missed Me and morale building tactic.
I wouldnt ever spec Ya Missed Me annyway and on 2hander you could be as tanky as SnB almost and do way more assist dmg.
And ofc chosen is very good as main tank but BG can do aswell it just a matter of who is on.

No there is a significant jump in surviveability between SnB BO and 2h furthermore lets not forget that SnB has block and parry to mititgate guard dmg while 2h bo has only the latter

reducing a slayers damage by 45% between CS and YMM is pretty damy strong

also Chosen far above every other destro tank because you can pretty much **** out Immacualte defense every time its off CD and having YSMBD on be lets you constantly have morale to chaps challenge, rotate ID uptime between Chosen and BO and other things

dont underestimate the morale builder tactics

rmpl

Post#28 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:02 pm

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... rc#p111476

I feel like that comparison is for rank40+ toons since it takes in account stuff that:
- no1 specs into right now, for example WAGHHH (corp debuff)
- stuff that isn't available yet due to r32 cap, AOE snare for example
- stuff which is barely used like res war bellow

He makes a fair point about debuff type though.
TenTonHammer wrote: dont underestimate the morale builder tactics
Morale builder tactics are unavailable.
TenTonHammer wrote: On what grounds should BO not Spec into DYG and YMM?
Because you will lose ST Shatter Limbs if you spec into ST KD while Chosen got his KD in a convenient tree that everyone specs into.
Last edited by rmpl on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#29 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote: Only thing you miss on 2hander BO is Ya Missed Me and morale building tactic.

No there is a significant jump in surviveability between SnB BO and 2h furthermore lets not forget that SnB has block and parry to mititgate guard dmg while 2h bo has only the latter

reducing a slayers damage by 45% between CS and YMM is pretty damy strong

also Chosen far above every other destro tank because you can pretty much **** out Immacualte defense every time its off CD and having YSMBD on be lets you constantly have morale to chaps challenge, rotate ID uptime between Chosen and BO and other things

dont underestimate the morale builder tactics
Morale build tactic was one of strongest tactics, tho for me 2hander BO was way stronger in T4 on Live.
Maybe the people you played played BO different but in how me and my group played 2hander BO was the way.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

TenTonHammer

Post#30 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:08 pm

rmpl wrote: Because you will lose ST Shatter Limbs if you spec into ST KD.

well im speaking from the grounds of 40/80 were most balance discussions are had

WAAAGH needs to debuff all resists and Da Greenest needs to buff all of them, the argument not to lost ground when az stated that WAAAGH does not stack with chosen resists debuff