Recent Topics

Ads

Restricted to order 90m

Let's talk about... everything else
jokerspsycho

Re: Restricted to order 90m

Post#21 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 pm

OperSandwich wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:22 pm
Deathbroker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm I disagree. I think the lock out timer should be longer, basically keeping you to one faction per day.
Why stop there? Week, month, year! Surely people won't just make another account and be done with this nonsense.
Screw it, u can only be destro or order. Want to play the other side? New account! No lie tho, that's not a bad idea to bypass the lockout, just have one act for order and one for destro.

Unless this isnt allowed, then I didnt say anything.

Ads
tylerjknight

Post#22 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:53 am

Can you explain to me the lock out system? I main destro and I'm constantly locked to order and can't play.

tylerjknight

Post#23 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:54 am

Can you explain to me the lock out system? I main destro and I'm constantly locked to order and can't play.

FairWeather

Post#24 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm

This feature does not work as intended.
I had a person staying at my place and we both logged in our accounts playing destro, just to mess around with some PVE.

We then logged out to have dinner and this person logged back in before me to check one order char he had to see if it was safe to delete it.
He deleted the char (lvlv 3 only order char he had) and then tried to log in on destro and he was lokced out. He did not have any order char left to log in, total nonsense.

Once I tried logging in on my own account, I was locked too! I have not logged in my order toon in years since I have recently come back and restarted on destro and now it says I have to wait!

Either the feature is based on IP or on MAC address and it does not work at all.

If this is based on IP addresses, In theory, if I can access someone's network which I know plays warhammer, I can lock them out of their chars by switching to realm back and forth once I am on their network.
And if It is based on MAC address then I cannot let anyone else play on my computer with their account for fear of being locked out too!.

It is bonkers!