Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] SnB Chosen vs SnB KoTBs

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: [Chosen] SnB Chosen vs SnB KoTBs

Post#31 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:28 pm

leaving aside base class configuration

chosen +bo have 2 aura more than kobs+sm/IB if kobs go full utility.

As chosen is not bound to slot auras demanded by tactic to be used, which result in big scale as destru have an AOE 25% heal debuff and another aura which can be ap drain or magic backslash damages etc. While Kobs will have 2 redundancy stat aura if paired with SM.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#32 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Tesq wrote:leaving aside base class configuration

chosen +bo have 2 aura more than kobs+sm/IB if kobs go full utility.

As chosen is not bound to slot auras demanded by tactic to be used, which result in big scale as destru have an AOE 25% heal debuff and another aura which can be ap drain or magic backslash damages etc. While Kobs will have 2 redundancy stat aura if paired with SM.

Da Greenist is nowhere near as good an reliable as disc instability though, if the BO is getting attacked by am that spirit resist wont do much for the party member who is getting attacked by a BW and needs corp/elemental resists and the armor buff dose not stack with potions and stuff n is further redundant with DoK armor covenat

the ap aura is just bad, why would you even spec it
Also why is 25% inc hd aura even necessary with 50% inc hds?

we already talked about why magical backlash aura is bad

Shadowgurke

Post#33 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:29 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Da Greenist is nowhere near as good an reliable as disc instability though, if the BO is getting attacked by am that spirit resist wont do much for the party member who is getting attacked by a BW and needs corp/elemental resists and the armor buff dose not stack with potions and stuff n is further redundant with DoK armor covenat

the ap aura is just bad, why would you even spec it
Also why is 25% inc hd aura even necessary with 50% inc hds?

we already talked about why magical backlash aura is bad
Tesq is talking about zerg vs zerg though. Your da greenest will have every resistance up pretty much 100%, the armor, while not stacking with dok/pot is almost twice the value of those buffs and the HD aura is a lot better than 10s CD HD to AoE stuff down.

I think

Toldavf

Post#34 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Toldavf wrote:
Certainly holds true for 6 on 6 but don't dismiss that aoe fluff damage when it come to bombing also I do go all the way up discord to help my group keep all that magic damage in check.

I'm not specing for new skills I'm specing to make my existing skills better.

if you want aoe fluff dmg then why dis flux, why not dreadful agony?

Flux does more damage and it does it where it counts to the squishy BW, If you run 2 chosens in a bomb group (and you should in my opinion)you should run 2x agony, 1x flux, 1x instability, 1x corruption and 1x fear this pound for pound will get the most out of your chosen in fluff damage.

The damage is only a couple hundred in size, but it combined with everything else from your group is what makes it useful. Consider that a destro bombing group can have 3 retaliatory damaging procs and 3 offensive damaging procs its allot of extra dps per party member and shouldn't be sniffed at.

For regular 6 on 6 however yes its a meh aura of mehness.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Scrilian

Post#35 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Ah, this thread again, was it three weeks since the last one?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Tesq

Post#36 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:05 pm

i tryed again backslash damage set up before my hard disk exploded last week and i done fine, the difference in inc where clear.
ye i talked about wb vs wb not of course of 6vs 6 and it was the same way in the other thread you mention it.
Of course aoe stuff get better the more fights get bigger cuz hit 9x ppl.

-i was talking of that biggest anyway, that + discordiant instability buff every single stats to all party members.
--> and chosen still have 2x free aura while kobs cant.

ST speaking CS is good it's not when you need to apply it aoe.

roadkillrobin

Post#37 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 am

Crit 2hander build for large scale fights is fine once you get 4 tactic slots. Right now its just a bit squishy.

Toldavf

Post#38 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Crit 2hander build for large scale fights is fine once you get 4 tactic slots. Right now its just a bit squishy.
Id be surprised if those t4 bw wouldn't melt you trivial blows doesn't exist these days so it remains to be seen if a 2 handed tank will be viable.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#39 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:21 am

It worked pre close quaters nerf. Have a hard time to see why it wouldn't work now. Trival Blows didnt even exist at that point. And pretty much all BW did undefendeble dmg.

Tesq

Post#40 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 am

the problem is not the durability but loosing destinate to victory

whit BO 2/3 attacks spamming aoe even with s+b and chosen s+b you have 2x m4 every 1 min.

if you split half of your tanks challenge in wb ever 20 sec you alredy cover for cripple strike and also have 75% damage reduction 2x time to all party every 1min.

You usually run 1x chosen x wb not 1 x party if you really want to have one.

also it was meta due rending blade have 0 CD (then nerfed to 5 sec) then it became meta with choppa fasta, then they nerfed choppa fasta(for good reasons) and so here we are.