Recent Topics

Ads

[General] Morale Damage

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Glorian

Re: [General] Morale Damage

Post#31 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Azarael wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm
Darosh wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:17 pmAza, do you mind creating a roadmap for tests etc? It might help structure discussions and such.
Not much to roadmap. On the next push, morale rates will be restored. We'll see what happens as a result of that and work forward.
What were old moral rates to which next patch will go?
Moral per second please.

There were some numbers floating in the past. But I need some solid numbers for my warband.

Ads
Osred

Post#32 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm

They used to be 36 p/s vs the current 8 p/s
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Glorian

Post#33 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Osred wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 pm They used to be 36 p/s vs the current 8 p/s
Thanks. 36 p/s was the number that was floating around.
Current one is 9 p/s though.

Azarael

Post#34 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 pm

It's actually 10/s ;D

Aurandilaz

Post#35 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeh they seem to be around 10 m/s, though I could have sworn it was around 9 m/s few months ago. Did test them today, and somehow kept hovering around 9.85, but months ago I figured it was certainly bit below 10m/s, but for sure above 9 m/s... then again my memories get fuzzy from lack of sleep at times. :P
(and figured that 9 being 1/4th of natural 36 m/s gain rate, where M1 is reached after 10 sec of combat - 360 - made more sense than 10)

catholicism198

Post#36 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:07 pm

That rate looks insane.
As it is now, only BWs and, to a lesser extent, Marauders, WH, and WE have a potent m2, which, without morale pumps, takes a little over a minute to reach, but once the change is implemented reaching m2 will take 20~ seconds and m4 will take a little under two minutes. So we will definitely be seeing more "morale bomb" groups- especially since a lot careers have AE burst damage m4s.

While there's no way of know exactly how this will play out, increasing morale gains will most likely make matters worse- especially since it's already pretty bad with only 1-2 WB careers popping burst damage morale abilities.

So far the possible solutions I see to remedy this potential increase in morale bomb groups, would be to change damaging morale abilities (m3 and lower) to dot, similar to the Magus' m2, and adding a 5 minute CD to m4s, like torque has been doing to morale abilities that were moved to "core," so that we don't get bombed every 2~ minutes.

**I am all for increasing morale rates- I love the abilities/animations, but there's no denying that this change will only make bombing more common and harder to counter

Edit: Obviously some m4s don't warrant a 5 minute CD, but their potency could be increase or maintain a 1-2 minute CD.
Last edited by catholicism198 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmark101

Post#37 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:22 pm

I think morales are fine as they are. The problem (and imbalance) is with the rate of morale pumped/drained. Destro is a clear winner here (for example most popular destro class has easy to access morale drain, while from order side its part unpopular specs... so while on paper it might look balanced, in live environment it's not), without question, and it causes a very large imbalance on every level of large scale rvr.

I think morale pumps/drains should be removed from character skills and should be only accessible through equipment. That would open up excellent balance morale wise and players/warbands could decide to use an offensive, defensive or morale focused gear. It would also make balancing classes much more easier.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

lefze
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:01 am

Morales are fine with the exception of 1800-2400 damage ranged AoEs. No counterplay, and easily achievable every minute.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
ragafury

Post#39 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:12 am

in general I think morale dmg is fine.

only issue I had with this game is out of combat / enter combat abuse via NPCs / Turrets / and so on together with pointless HTL / Heal / throwing weapon / 0 dmg skill spamming and so on to reach morales without actually fighting. stuff is super broken and buggy and can turn the outcome of fights.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

roadkillrobin

Post#40 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:41 am

Iirc the original AoR morale rate was 6 base and a additonal 6 per groupmember., 6x6 maximum.
Or it was something like 10 base and an extra 4,3 per groupmember if you were grouped up. Pretty confident it was based around groupsize and acted as a motivator to group up.