Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] General Zealot Topic

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fulkan

Re: [Zealot] General Zealot Topic

Post#41 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Just because you have your armor capped dosnt mean it will stay capped when youve got powerful armor debuffs like force opportunity being thrown around and the 10% armor ignore reduction is nothing to scoff at when most mdps have around 20% ish (- 30% ish armor pen if they are stacking WS?)

and its a life saver for you

Chaotic force alone ensures a pretty nice proc rate

restorative burst isnt necessary especially with our low cost flash heal

im sure winds of insaity is great and all but half the time agaist some one competent you just get rkd
Am I playing the same game you are? Powerful armor debuff that's going to bring your armor down to ZERO even if you have your armor proc up? Yup, they are powerful and that's why you don't use that tactic.

I hope you aren't using Armor Talismans on the Zealot, just like I hope you aren't using Toughness Talismans. Those two stats are completely useless for the class.

RKD isn't an issue. If I'm getting RKD'ied, then their SW/BW is over-extending. Which means that their white lion, who's going to pounce on me to finish me of, is gonna have to put up with being yo-yo'ed until I feel comfortable to kite again. My DPS should already have the SW or the BW dead at that point, and I'm free to frolic and praise the raven gods. This is what makes Winds amazing. It ignores all immunities right now and allows my tanks to use their CC effectively without me giving people ridiculous immunity timers which swing tides of battle.

Chaotic Force is really nice, especially early on. I will most likely use it once they change Winds. However, for right now, Winds + Breath of Tzeentch is god mode for kiting, especially since Winds don't respect immunity timers.

I run Wounds in all my gear slots. I survive burst through positioning and pre-understanding who, where and why we're fighting. To me, the difference between an amazing healer and a mediocre one, is where you stand. Literally, that means more than running any spec.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

Ads
Kurama

Post#42 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:29 pm

What makes a runepriest better than a zealot?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#43 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Kurama wrote:What makes a runepriest better than a zealot?
Some say its because of the Armor tactic and Ap per abilirty ritual, but imo the zealot Ap per attack ritual is better late game when the melee train is dominating
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Nameless

Post#44 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:41 pm

660 armor that stack with other armor buffs, ritual that helps self ap managment, no coloured circle when gheal so harder to notice and easy to hide

zealots got winds of insanity which could be decent and dont face mara pulls
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

TenTonHammer

Post#45 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Not having to face BG and it's debuffs helps too :D

Fulkan

Post#46 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Some folks will say that it's a bit more optimized than the zealot.

RP's get a racial armor tactic, which is super useful early on in the game. Their AP ritual procs on ability use, while the Zealot procs on hit. This basically means that RP's ritual is decent for the whole group, while the Zealot's is more effective for the melee train. I do hope that this is changed eventually because it will allow for better AP management on the Zealot.

Outside of that, order DPS definitely has an advantage when attacking Zealots with their range knockdowns and WL's pounce. You basically have to be ON POINT every time you get focused on the Zealot or you get popped in two seconds.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#47 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Just a thought thou:
Shouldn't "warping the spirit" tactic make so that the armor aspect stack on players due to tactic stack rule?
(ie tactic and morales stack with ability buffs)
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Gobtar

Post#48 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 am

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 50#p121490

Ads
maggii

Post#49 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 pm

I have a request/wish, can u make that zealot can have "Witch Elf hair style nr 5" ? :D

DREADLOCKS ftw :mrgreen:
Isak Malek R.i.P [2003-2013]

Dreadspectre

Post#50 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Question on Boon of Tzeentch:

Is it affected by resists? The description makes it sound like it drains HP period and bypasses resists.

I'm assuming it can crit as normal as well?
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB