Ads

low levels get shaft

Let's talk about... everything else
Manatikik

Re: low levels get shaft

Post#41 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:37 pm
adamthelc wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am
A PvP zone should have always been open, I agree. But even if it wasnt there are things to do. People should do more scenarios!! Good, bad, solo or premade doesnt matter. Everyone should be doing more scenarios.
The SCs need fixed in T4. Having spent constant SCs where you will have a smaller party, and the composition which make no sense, where one side could have 6 Healers and 2 rdps versus 4 tanks, 4 mdps and 2 healers.

I'd honestly suggest - at the very least - to limit the number of SCs pops if one side cant get some kind of reasonable party composition, otherwise massively increase the rewards for participating.

RoR dont deny that levels 32-39 are disadvantaged in SCs. The argument is they are needed to make up the numbers.

Is it not even a meme that loads of players start new characters at 31? The issues are serious for SC T4:

1. If you want any alt build (2handed tank, Grace WP, DPS DoK/Shammie/AM) you need to grind SCs. You are also generally punished for going these builds in PUG SCs.
2. It takes an absurd amount of time to get emblem gear when PUGing, to the point there is so much redudancy. Certain emblem gear (conqueror) is almost pointless getting, except maybe 2 or 3 pieces. Officer emblem gear is similar.
3. Level 32-36 players are awarded in officer emblems, which are literally worth 1/10th of the rewards the more powerful players get IN THE SAME MATCH.

Move non-40s into a lower teir, or reduce the costs of emblem gear, or reward everyone who participates in T4 SCs with oppressor emblems. Any of those options would massively improve levels 32-39 and encourage people to do SCs, even where they lose heavily due to low levels. If you dont like the idea of people getting conqueror or officer sets 5 times faster, move these levels to a lower teir.

The easiest solution to all of your ‘problems’ you presented is simply to group up in a viable comp. My WH and AM I just leveled to 40 were leveled solely in SC’s from 31-40 in 6 mans; surprisingly enough (not) I was never farmer and I was useful to the SC. The SC isn’t so bad imo and you can chain 4-6 wins in an hour easily as a 6 man and that translates to like 3 hours of sub-40 and then you hit 40 with 3 piece Dom, 6 piece BL, and your 39/39 weapon. You also have full Merc for 36-40.

Make friends and group up and most of the issues in SC’s ‘magically’ disappear.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#42 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 am
adamthelc wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am
A PvP zone should have always been open, I agree. But even if it wasnt there are things to do. People should do more scenarios!! Good, bad, solo or premade doesnt matter. Everyone should be doing more scenarios.
The SCs need fixed in T4. Having spent constant SCs where you will have a smaller party, and the composition which make no sense, where one side could have 6 Healers and 2 rdps versus 4 tanks, 4 mdps and 2 healers.

I'd honestly suggest - at the very least - to limit the number of SCs pops if one side cant get some kind of reasonable party composition, otherwise massively increase the rewards for participating.

RoR dont deny that levels 32-39 are disadvantaged in SCs. The argument is they are needed to make up the numbers.

Is it not even a meme that loads of players start new characters at 31? The issues are serious for SC T4:

1. If you want any alt build (2handed tank, Grace WP, DPS DoK/Shammie/AM) you need to grind SCs. You are also generally punished for going these builds in PUG SCs.
2. It takes an absurd amount of time to get emblem gear when PUGing, to the point there is so much redudancy. Certain emblem gear (conqueror) is almost pointless getting, except maybe 2 or 3 pieces. Officer emblem gear is similar.
3. Level 32-36 players are awarded in officer emblems, which are literally worth 1/10th of the rewards the more powerful players get IN THE SAME MATCH.

Move non-40s into a lower teir, or reduce the costs of emblem gear, or reward everyone who participates in T4 SCs with oppressor emblems. Any of those options would massively improve levels 32-39 and encourage people to do SCs, even where they lose heavily due to low levels. If you dont like the idea of people getting conqueror or officer sets 5 times faster, move these levels to a lower teir.

The easiest solution to all of your ‘problems’ you presented is simply to group up in a viable comp. My WH and AM I just leveled to 40 were leveled solely in SC’s from 31-40 in 6 mans; surprisingly enough (not) I was never farmer and I was useful to the SC. The SC isn’t so bad imo and you can chain 4-6 wins in an hour easily as a 6 man and that translates to like 3 hours of sub-40 and then you hit 40 with 3 piece Dom, 6 piece BL, and your 39/39 weapon. You also have full Merc for 36-40.

You forgot to add your secret strat: Play at 3am EST.

Manatikik

Post#43 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 am

Flavorburst wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 am

You forgot to add your secret strat: Play at 3am EST.
I play at all three prime times: EU, NA, and HK. I’m sorry my life schedule does not match your DPS AM needs.
<Montague><Capulet>

Flavorburst

Post#44 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 am
I play at all three prime times: EU, NA, and HK. I’m sorry my life schedule does not match your DPS AM needs.
Sounds like poopsockin, to me.

Manatikik

Post#45 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:46 am

Flavorburst wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 am
Manatikik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 am
Sounds like poopsockin, to me.

Whatever you and your pretend Italian guild does is between you guys.
<Montague><Capulet>

Sulorie

Post#46 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 am

Being lowlvl is the worst excuse for bad performance in sc. Followed by "my cat sits on keyboard".
Last edited by Sulorie on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#47 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 am Being lowlvl is the worst excuse for bad performance in sc. Followed by "my chat sits on keyboard".

Arguing low levels dont get it hard in T4 SCs is beyond stupid. You might as well just type a series of random letters as a post. You are basically saying that once a player hits level 29 they have the gear to compete with the best geared people. Do you want me to draw a diagram for you about why that is a lot of bullshit? Crunch the numbers for you?

If there is going to be no effort to improve the T4 SCs, then I think that premades should be mandatory in T4 SCs. It will stop people wasting hours "making sure there is enough players in the T4 SC queue" when really you are there to get killed with an atrociously balanced team against people with 3-4 tier better gear for an officer emblem, of which you need 60 to get a pair of boots that you wont need in about 6 hours game time.

SCs in every other tier are sooo good, T4 ones can be so stupidly unbalanced it seems like a GM is trolling people.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#48 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:47 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 am Being lowlvl is the worst excuse for bad performance in sc. Followed by "my chat sits on keyboard".

Arguing low levels dont get it hard in T4 SCs is beyond stupid. You might as well just type a series of random letters as a post. You are basically saying that once a player hits level 29 they have the gear to compete with the best geared people. Do you want me to draw a diagram for you about why that is a lot of bullshit? Crunch the numbers for you?

I now think that premades should be mandatory in T4 SCs. It will stop people wasting hours "making sure there is enough players in the T4 SC queue" when really you are there to get killed with an atrociously balanced team against people with 3-4 tier better gear for an officer emblem, of which you need 60 to get a pair of boots that you wont need in about 6 hours game time.

SCs in every other tier are sooo good, T4 ones can be so stupidly unbalanced it seems like a GM is trolling people.

the main difference in T4 SC's is that everyone has their full toolkits; so you actually have to think to succeed instead of mashing one ability over and over again. But hey if coordination and groups are ruining your day you can always go play Fortnite or w/e the new solo game galore is.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#49 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:55 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:47 am the main difference in T4 SC's is that everyone has their full toolkits; so you actually have to think to succeed instead of mashing one ability over and over again. But hey if coordination and groups are ruining your day you can always go play Fortnite or w/e the new solo game galore is.
Level 31s dont even have all their abilities, so don't have "their full toolkits", which is my entire point.

Just reward everyone with oppressor emblems if they play T4 SCs instead of coming up with motivational speaker wankspeak about "winning being a state of mind".
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#50 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:55 am Just reward everyone with oppressor emblems if they play T4 SCs instead of coming up with motivational speaker wankspeak about "winning being a state of mind".

Ah, so as always this is a case of 'more for less'. Good that you cleared this.