Recent Topics

Ads

Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Let's talk about... everything else
Atropik

Re: Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Post#91 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:33 pm

ravezaar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:31 pm 1 Slayer top20, guess they could be countered, what a suprise
14 of them in top 100, there is also 1 wl, 1 dps am and 1 asw, best wh is 121.

We have also 15 slayers above or close to 1k mmr and only 1 choppa, 3 shs, 3 wes, 3 sorcs etc. Slayers pretty much dominate ranked over any other dps.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#92 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:22 pm

ravezaar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:31 pm 1 Slayer top20, guess they could be countered, what a suprise
Maybe with the new 1k mmr (soft?) bracket, slayers will be less dominant at the very top.

However as predicted currently slayers are even more represented in top 100 and 200 than before, but let's hold our horses until season is over...
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Fenris78

Post#93 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm

Love people saying 15 slayers with 1k mmr, when it's Order's Only viable mdps in ranked... Way to bend statistics when barely any other mdps can compete against 6v6 meta Destru classes : sorc better than BW, SH than SW, WE than WH, etc., all favouring heavy-hitting ST specs wich will mostly benefit to 6v6, far more ST burst, kiting/defensive abilities and such.

While Order cannot fit anything else than slayers and WL to compete. And still 2 slayers is far from autowin, as far as my ranked experience can tell.

Sad times for realm balance when Order only slight advantage is basically resting over one skill.

As for the others it's the same : AM survivability/kiting is a fraction of Shaman, DoK having superior shield spec, and all-around better healing spec than WP (thanks to Devour Essence), and so on.

On Order you know as soon the match begin you're going to have rough time with double WP, or any rdps in your team (saving a well-played SW wich is not paper-made when averagely played).

In the end I can only hope all the try-harders will quickly gear their toons and quit this game mode, while rest of playerbase can hope getting "fair" matches in the last month.
Getting 50+ matches while doing your best with end-game gear and good knowledge of the game, and still struggling on 100 mmr is really a pain when you are consistently matched against stronger/more geared opponents and not with THE only meta comp that could (maybe) secure one kill to win.

Or you can hope for potato build on opposite team that will get you a quick victory, but it's like 10% of the time (at least to me, maybe I'm unlucky as always).

And no, it's not about "getting better" when you know you are already doing good, more about the 5 other people you have no control over. When one error can cost you the match, relying on 5 random classes and gear is basically playing russian roulette, even with discord coordination.
And sadly I dont have enough try-harders in my friendlist to build a group, even less when it comes to fight against premades like Exodus or FMJ (amonst many others).

ravezaar

Post#94 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm

yea agree seems its more down to lack of option on order side then anything to strong
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
Chosen rr80
Dps Zealot rr70+
Marauder rr78
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Atropik

Post#95 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:33 pm

ravezaar wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:22 pm yea agree seems its more down to lack of option on order side then anything to strong
So there is a realm underperforming, ok, tune down BO and remove NB.
Nicelook | Obey