Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Phosphorus shells

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nishka
Suspended

[Engineer] Phosphorus shells

Post#1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:09 am

Lads and lassies, I herebry present you the shittiest ability in the game. Why is it the most shitty ability in the game, yer may ask, there are many bad skills? Well, most bad abilities have at least -some- positive sides about them, like: low damage but spammable, or long build up time but long range. PS lacks anything positive about it at all.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... ;;;0:0:0:0:
Lets check what we have here.
Damage: 83 base corporeal damage to a single target and 385 per 15 sec aoe.
CD: 20s. 4 times longer than snipe.
Build up time: you'd think such low damage skill would have an instant cast but nope: 1sec to build up.
Range: 80ft. Go rifleman tree dem said. Shoot orcs in the heads from afar dem said.
Sinergy with other rifleman skills and fitting in the mastery path: none. It's shorter range weak aoe skill in the long-range single-targer mastery path.
And what worse, it's supposed to be the top skill of rifleman spec. The best and the most powerful.
So... any chance to see a buff to in the future?

PS: oh, and it's ap cost is above standart: 40ap. Totally nothing positive about this skill.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Scrilian

Re: Phosphorus shells

Post#2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:31 am

Well, it's sort of copy of Mutating Blue Fire, thou the damage is truly garbage.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Sigimund

Post#3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:49 am

Move it to Grenadier. It would be a better fit.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Nothing to swap it with... Every single skill from genadier/tin path are aoe...
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

amputationsaw

Post#5 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:24 pm

I never tried ST engi because everyone claimed to be an aoe monster, which is ok because it's fun to bomb with this class. but by looking on the sniper abilities I doubt that he could compete with sorc or other ranges

Nishka
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:31 pm

amputationsaw wrote:I never tried ST engi because everyone claimed to be an aoe monster, which is ok because it's fun to bomb with this class. but by looking on the sniper abilities I doubt that he could compete with sorc or other ranges
It's actually fun and much more viable after the buff. But skills tactics and morales from the rifleman path above snipe are garbage. Positive side of this: you can take 20ap per 2 sec for everyone around tactic from the tin path. I know engineer aoe is good, but st damage isn't bad as well. On t3 at least. My best crit is about 2700 and I don't even have bs cap.

EDIT: under 2nd morale of course.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Nishka wrote:Nothing to swap it with... Every single skill from genadier/tin path are aoe...
Swap it with Strafing Run, which works better for the Rifleman tree as a knockback, which they need for kiting. I have a more thorough post here.

Then wait a little while for T4 to be released, and for the change to really sink in and become "normal." Then ask for PS to be made into a heal debuff.

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Nishka wrote:Nothing to swap it with... Every single skill from genadier/tin path are aoe...
Swap it with Strafing Run, which works better for the Rifleman tree as a knockback, which they need for kiting. I have a more thorough post here.

Then wait a little while for T4 to be released, and for the change to really sink in and become "normal." Then ask for PS to be made into a heal debuff.
Ah i se you were in the enginneer discussion thread :)

Yes i think this is the best solution and those abilites would thematically fit the swapped trees better

If Engi gets a hdebuff with PS then can magus get one too on MBF?

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:42 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:

Ah i se you were in the enginneer discussion thread :)

Yes i think this is the best solution and those abilites would thematically fit the swapped trees better

If Engi gets a hdebuff with PS then can magus get one too on MBF?
The usual responses:
1. No abilities will be changing that significantly (Doing something that big that could not be reflected on their tooltip) before we have client control and/or T4. At least not without significant discussion, which this is not likely to get.
2. Balance discussions will take place focusing on one class, and one class only, at a time. Changes will not be automatically mirrored, and references to what the mirror class can or cannot do will not be allowed.

In other words, you make the swap now, because that's relatively harmless, and moving two abilities nobody used anyways is not that big of a deal. Then when it's time to look at the Engineer, you can ask, "Does the Engineer need a heal debuff?" If the answer is yes, you already have an ability to turn into a Heal Debuff, which makes selling the proposition easier. If the answer is decided to be no, you can then ask, "Does PS need to be buffed?" and that question can be answered in the context of it being in the Grenadier tree instead of Rifleman.

Then when it's time to look at the Magus, you can ask the same question - "Does the Magus need a heal debuff?" Not, "Should the Magus have a heal debuff because the Engineer has one." I don't know the Magus as well as I know the Engineer, but it could turn out that in the context of the Magus, a HD would be better placed on their ST tree. Or maybe what the Magus needs isn't a HD, but a strong finisher. Or something else, totally unrelated to a mirror class that has to stack an additional stat and has some wildly different abilities and tactics.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Grenadier is already pretty viable tree, I think rifleman needs a heal debuff more.
Also, you guys already started doing significant changes to classes that don't show up in the tooltip. Like wp mass detaunt when 2h equipped.