Recent Topics

Ads

Bots & Punishment

Let's talk about... everything else
Kragg

Bots & Punishment

Post#1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:59 am

Hello community!

While I am normally rather positive i really can't get my head around the fact that despite even being in alpha stage we already attracted those who feel the need to get ahead on others by using bots. I been watching this fellow for hours on end over the last couple of days, stealing his kills, sending him a few messages and merely laugh at him and, well, everyone knows he's botting his way to vain glory. What a **** idiot.

What do you feel is a proper reponse if people are being caught? Personally I would like to see all their characters and items deleted without warning. Named and shamed on the forums and kicked off the project. No mercy.

What do you think?

Low life Botter at work. Go see him at the Lost Souls!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Rordin Brightrune, RR 70 Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

Ads
RyanMakara

Re: Bots & Punishment

Post#2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am

I don't care much if people waste their time writing scripts to gain useless pixels in an alpha game state. It'll all be wiped eventually, I bet, before the actual servers go live.

Olitiv

Post#3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:24 am

I get your point but I also think that they should get atleast a warning or a temporarily ban. As much as I don't endorse botting or approve of it, I never ever want to generalise and pull all people under the same template. Because there is people who don't do botting with bad intentions or just came from another game were botting was okey or not easily caught.

It's a controversial toppic in that sense, but I find that there is a reason for example why games such as World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 don't insta ban but give you a warning.

People using bots should be warned and later punished no question about that. But I rather have one guy trying to bot and then repent and start playing the game normally after getting warned, rahter than loosing one guy to play against/with when I am in game.
Order: Olitiv, Foltest, Trizz, Thror, Thrain, Zoltan, Henselt, Iorvethie, Bosse, Cirdan
Destruction: Ariane, Ariana, Orthanc, Agrippa, Lurtz, Nilbog, Fenrir, Isengrim, Gruzog

Kragg

Post#4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:30 am

Olitiv wrote:I get your point but I also think that they should get atleast a warning or a temporarily ban. As much as I don't endorse botting or approve of it, I never ever want to generalise and pull all people under the same template. Because there is people who don't do botting with bad intentions or just came from another game were botting was okey or not easily caught.

It's a controversial toppic in that sense, but I find that there is a reason for example why games such as World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 don't insta ban but give you a warning.

People using bots should be warned and later punished no question about that. But I rather have one guy trying to bot and then repent and start playing the game normally after getting warned, rahter than loosing one guy to play against/with when I am in game.
Only because Blizzard doesn't want to loose paying players. People who use bots know they are not suppossed too. You don't just run into bots. They seek them out. Not being easyly caught is not an excuse either.

IP Banning on the first offense, maybe. Deleting characters and items? Hell yeah.

Kaitanaroyr

Post#5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:06 pm

You don't need to wright a script to bot as there are many free ones on the interwebs it's alpha no one wants to grind for gear with how the drop rates are.
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Kragg

Post#6 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Its about setting an example. Turning a blind eye now and stating 't's alpha no one wants to grind for gear with how the drop rates are.' is counterproductive. Droprates will be low in the future as well for gear and then all of sudden it becomes an issue.

Lead by example and hit them hard now so its not worth the risk to bot in the future because they'll lose more then they bargained for. Deleting items and characters would be refreshingly harsh.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Nobody would notice when you run a macro to farm stuff while you sit in front of your screen, without killing your mouse or keyboard while clicking mobs to death.
Dying is no option.

Luth

Post#8 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm

I think he means real botting including a cheat-tool, where the bot walks around, kills, heals and gathers stuff without any player interaction.
I'm all for disciplinary actions against botters and there is no excuse for using hacktools.

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#9 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Luth wrote:I think he means real botting including a cheat-tool, where the bot walks around, kills, heals and gathers stuff without any player interaction.
I'm all for disciplinary actions against botters and there is no excuse for using hacktools.
Using flight hack and speedrun to explore all of Warhammer is an excuse, in my eyes...
Because I'm sick and tired of wasting time exploring and falling to my death xD

Kragg

Post#10 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Sulorie wrote:Nobody would notice when you run a macro to farm stuff while you sit in front of your screen, without killing your mouse or keyboard while clicking mobs to death.
Not even those imo. Can't control if you're behind your screen or not. People afk all day and farm in the meantime. Nice image for the future of the game. Next we get multiboxing? Speedhacks?

Allowing this opens the door to more misery in the future.