[Magus] Level 35 ST Spec

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

[Magus] Level 35 ST Spec

Post#1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 am

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mag ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

And we get access to MBF (though we lost both crit tactics :()

Tactics I'll run will be Endless Knowledge, Surging Power + Change range tactic.

Ads
Cornerback

Re: [Magus] Level 35 ST Spec

Post#2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:36 pm

I guess I'll test different specs. Dunno if I rly should give up crit, as the magus needs much crit to put out competitive damage... On the other hand, there are not many options for lvl 35. Thought about going for change+ap tactic from daemo, but I usually don't have ap problems when running change, even without any ap tactic.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:02 pm

imo there's no way you can't go havoc/change boc/ifoc if you wanna do st dmg. the crit tactic and the range on change = nice st dps.

Sizer

Post#4 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:24 pm

That build is decent, but if you want to really deal damage, stay away from havoc. BoC is mediocre, the damage is too slow and too unreliable and youll never burst someone down who has heals. The range tactic is also meh, its nice at times, but you cant spare tactic slots, only place id consider it is a keep defense.

Id go with waronlinebuilder.org - Magus build

Running endless knowledge, surging power, and daemonic contract, and id pick up the ap tactic just in case you need it - giving ap to the group can be a massive buff even if you lose dps. And just because you have a close quarters tactic, it doesnt mean you spam lash, this build can very much be played as a ST spec, just start at a ~65 foot range, dot someone up, and move in to ~30 feet to finish them with surge/svf, and keep moving back and forth. Harder to play than a spec from 98 feet, but its way more damage.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:46 pm

On the contrary you NEED bolt of change for a good burst rotation. Changing on its own is mediocre st damage (im not talking about aoe btw)

Already tested it: Im 35, and boc + soi + svf and then indigo fire is simply unmatched for st burst by any other magus spec.

Renork

Post#6 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Sizer wrote:That build is decent, but if you want to really deal damage, stay away from havoc. BoC is mediocre, the damage is too slow and too unreliable and youll never burst someone down who has heals. The range tactic is also meh, its nice at times, but you cant spare tactic slots, only place id consider it is a keep defense.

Id go with waronlinebuilder.org - Magus build

Running endless knowledge, surging power, and daemonic contract, and id pick up the ap tactic just in case you need it - giving ap to the group can be a massive buff even if you lose dps. And just because you have a close quarters tactic, it doesnt mean you spam lash, this build can very much be played as a ST spec, just start at a ~65 foot range, dot someone up, and move in to ~30 feet to finish them with surge/svf, and keep moving back and forth. Harder to play than a spec from 98 feet, but its way more damage.
Um...BoC is mandatory for ST burst spec. It's not as optimal right now because we lack our lovely 15% damage increase but it's still decent.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Aside: mutating blue fire is nice to have. A good DoT component too (would be nice if Surging Power affected this one!)

Renork

Post#8 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Aside: mutating blue fire is nice to have. A good DoT component too (would be nice if Surging Power affected this one!)
The DoT component should be increased or an additional effect should be added. I don't recall using MBF at 40, unless I wanted to troll around :> it looks pretty though.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Renork wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Aside: mutating blue fire is nice to have. A good DoT component too (would be nice if Surging Power affected this one!)
The DoT component should be increased or an additional effect should be added. I don't recall using MBF at 40, unless I wanted to troll around :> it looks pretty though.
Likewise - the long casttime just made it not worth it. An additional effect, eh? We should get our thinking caps on again!

Xpeh

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Yeah I wouldn't drop crit tactic. Good build, but still looks like 3/4 of a magus it used to be at rr80-100
EDIT: would prolly test this out when SOLO roaming in RvR with "Close Quaters"