Yes.
48%
No.
52%
Total votes: 124

Aemir

Re: New cap dmg

Post#11 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:10 pm

The difference between 31 and 35 lvl damage will be huge because of one thing: people still wear 26-28lvl. sets. Until implementing 35lvl. sets healers and defense tanks will suffer most of all, casters a little bit less, but RDPS and MDPS will get huge dps boost.

The 1st reason: having constant amount of armor and resists will give less armor mitigation and magic damage reducing with each level you have. And 2nd reason: weapons became better.

Being WP, I'll stop playing this class until seeing new armor sets.
Last edited by Aemir on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#12 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Spoiler:
Sorcs/BW are only good for killing unguarded/healed pugs and AoEing at keeps who cares :^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Mavella

Post#13 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Well I'll freely admit I've never mained a sorc or bw but I'd love to hear the rationale behind not using a debuffed dot that is like 60-70% the value of wop/bb. I guess the way the timestamps work out?

bloodi
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Mavella wrote:Well I'll freely admit I've never mained a sorc or bw but I'd love to hear the rationale behind not using a debuffed dot that is like 60-70% the value of wop/bb. I guess the way the timestamps work out?
The value of Wop/bb ass burst tools comes from the Fueling the fire/Vision of domination tactics, without them bb/wop are more of a debuff that a burst tool.

There is no such thing for the skills you mentioned, so its just a lower bb/wop without tactic to boost it, aka, worthless to use on burst rotations.

WALSHE93

Post#15 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Please stop trying to dumb the game down. Get better, know when your about to be burst and rotated on, detaunt and use LoS... Stop trying to ruin the game.

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:32 pm

my mdps detaunt has only 30ft effect and only lasts for 5s and there is no cover around because high pass cemetery and battle of praag are very open maps

what do i do?

ThePollie
Banned

Post#17 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:46 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:my mdps detaunt has only 30ft effect and only lasts for 5s and there is no cover around because high pass cemetery and battle of praag are very open maps

what do i do?
Or my favourite - You get lit up with obvious Sorcerer incoming-death-by-nuke debuff, but there's six sorcerers on the field.

Gee, I sure hope I pick the right one.

Mavella

Post#18 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:48 pm

bloodi wrote:
Mavella wrote:Well I'll freely admit I've never mained a sorc or bw but I'd love to hear the rationale behind not using a debuffed dot that is like 60-70% the value of wop/bb. I guess the way the timestamps work out?
The value of Wop/bb ass burst tools comes from the Fueling the fire/Vision of domination tactics, without them bb/wop are more of a debuff that a burst tool.

There is no such thing for the skills you mentioned, so its just a lower bb/wop without tactic to boost it, aka, worthless to use on burst rotations.

Well I guess these abilties are less important for sorcs than BW since their rotation is all spirit damage already but I imagine slow boil will have some benefit to BW's to cover ignite and BB from cleanses and/or replace sear which is elemental damage. If it doesn't get cleansed its gonna crit for another 1.2-1.5k~ on top of everything else? I guess I've been looking at it more from the perspective of a BW since I have a little more experience with them than sorcs.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#19 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Mavella wrote:If it doesn't get cleansed its gonna crit for another 1.2-1.5k~ on top of everything else? I guess I've been looking at it more from the perspective of a BW since I have a little more experience with them than sorcs.
Its not, if it does 1k crit is a miracle.
ThePollie wrote:Or my favourite - You get lit up with obvious Sorcerer incoming-death-by-nuke debuff, but there's six sorcerers on the field.

Gee, I sure hope I pick the right one.
Ah yes, the classic balance scenario "there is 6 of them and i am alone in a place where there is no cover 10km around me" , we all been there.

I am sure we all will benefit from balancing the game around such occurances.

Luranni

Post#20 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:29 pm

It's possible it is, but as others have said we should wait for more people to hit cap and see how it goes from there.