Recent Topics

Ads

Wanting to switch to order but leveling again is daunting

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sablasni

Re: Wanting to switch to order but leveling again is dauntin

Post#11 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:17 pm

well its daunting if theres no rvr, i always enjoyed lower tiers but it seems they suck atm (or since the release of T4)

Ads
Jaycub

Post#12 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Pridebane wrote:why is it daunting? if anything it should be fun and refreshing to play the game as a completely different race and class with brand new quests and areas to explore...makes no sense.
For some the novelty of the lower tiers can wear off much faster than you level through them, the population of the tier can also hold you hostage if there isn't enough people for good RvR or constant SC pops. The truely alpha state of PvE on this server is also a big hindrance.

Then you have the veterans who want to get to T4 ASAP to play with their guilds, It's easier to level up to T4 in ~3 hours in one sitting than it is to spend 12-20 hours in the lower tiers, and getting essentially nothing to show for it since you don't have access to end game currency like officers medals/emblems or ruin gear etc...

The renown gains in T4 blow everything out of the water, hell you could pour a single oil with AAO and get more renown than you got in 10 hours of playing lower tier stuff.

As far as "well you won't know how to play your class!", most people will get a pretty general idea of how to play within an hour or so. Really mastering a class you need to be level 40, have gear, play in a good group, weigh build options, and test things in a proper environment. Leveling through t1, 2, and 3 isn't going to give you much of an edge ultimately.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Arrowen

Post#13 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Pridebane wrote:why is it daunting? if anything it should be fun and refreshing to play the game as a completely different race and class with brand new quests and areas to explore...makes no sense.

Because I've played them all before on live.

Mithdraz

Post#14 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Arrowen wrote:

Because I've played them all before on live.
power level groups then, lots of guilds do them :) just got to find that guild ;)

Penril

Post#15 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Then you have the veterans who want to get to T4 ASAP to play with their guilds, It's easier to level up to T4 in ~3 hours in one sitting than it is to spend 12-20 hours in the lower tiers, and getting essentially nothing to show for it since you don't have access to end game currency like officers medals/emblems or ruin gear etc...
I agre completely with you. Why spend so many hours in the lower tiers when I could just simply plvl and use those hours for farming Ruin/Mercenary? This is specially true for people leveling alts. Even more so once we have PvE instances with Sentinel/Dark Promise gear (not sure if Tyrant will be implemented but I see no reason why the ones I mentioned shouldn't). On live I used to plvl all the way to T4 (entering at around rr30) and then farmed ToVL/Lost Vale. It made me competitive enough on most classes.

Some people will still play in the lower tiers because they want to enter T4 at a decent renown rank. And Medallions/Emblems can be upconverted (I think, could be wrong) so at least they are still gaining something for T4. But PvE? You gain nothing (for T4) by doing PvE in the lower tiers. If there was an actual benefit then we would be seeing more people doing it. For example: making PQ bags in lower tiers give Shards that can be saved, so if you do enough PQs in lower tiers you can buy a Ruin piece (or several) as soon as you enter T4. More people would do lower level PQs this way. Of course, something should be implemented as well so high-level characters gain zero shards if doing low level PQs.

Just a thought, sorry if I derail.
Last edited by Penril on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afterlife92

Post#16 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Jaycub wrote:
For some the novelty of the lower tiers can wear off much faster than you level through them, the population of the tier can also hold you hostage if there isn't enough people for good RvR or constant SC pops. The truely alpha state of PvE on this server is also a big hindrance.

The renown gains in T4 blow everything out of the water, hell you could pour a single oil with AAO and get more renown than you got in 10 hours of playing lower tier stuff.

As far as "well you won't know how to play your class!", most people will get a pretty general idea of how to play within an hour or so. Really mastering a class you need to be level 40, have gear, play in a good group, weigh build options, and test things in a proper environment. Leveling through t1, 2, and 3 isn't going to give you much of an edge ultimately.
+1
I think they fixed the oil used to give lots of rr, haven't tried myself since I play mostly 6v6 and small scale groups. T3 is stuck in mud since it has lowest popularity and you can get stucked for couple of hours. I didn't have much AAO in T4 only sometimes 80%.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Arrowen

Post#17 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:26 pm

A lot of what everyone saying is really resonating with me, and it's exactly what I'm after. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a guild that would be willing/able to help me with this?

StormX2
Game Master

Post#18 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:02 pm

The only fun I have with this game anymore is with my T1 Twinks. I like to play my Slayer but hes frakin useless in t4 RvR and unless I have hte right team available I wont even bother joining an SC on him. That leaves me with my Knight, but the spec ive been running with him is not so great in RvR so I am kind of burnt out of T4 right now.

Ads
Arrowen

Post#19 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Thank's for all the replies guys, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a guild that would be up for helping me with this a little? I'm very active when the game's up.

Jaycub

Post#20 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm

You will have to find a guild in the guild forums that's recruiting, but the type of guilds that would powerlevel you are going to want a specific career to fill their roster, most likely something like a WP/Knight.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>