Recent Topics

Ads

The problem of X-REALMING

Let's talk about... everything else
Glaurung

The problem of X-REALMING

Post#1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:23 am

On live official servers you could have characters only for one side - order or destruction. You could try both sides on different servers. But in RoR we have only one server. And if players have t4 characters for both sides, they prefer to play character for more powerfull and wining realm. Very often you can see that after total wipe on a castle siege the population of your realm is disappearing and a number of your enemies increasing fast. It's so-could x-realming. Players prefer to switch realm but not to do all their best to win. It spoils the game.
An other reason to prohibit realm-swithing is need to ensure more safety of your realm's military secrets. Any x-realmer can betray easily and give your warband's plans to the enemy party.
The way of x-realming is the way of treason and treachery. This phenomenon can't be eliminated completely, but it is possible to reduce it considerably by prohibiting realm switching on t4
I suggest to complicate cowards and traitors life, introducing a delay for switching between realms into half an hour. I believe that it will improve the situation with x-realming

Ads
soulcoffin

Re: The problem of X-REALMING

Post#2 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:29 am

Alas, they could be on multiple accounts and multiple devices......
SOULCOFFIN

Gachimuchi

Post#3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 am

There have been so many of these threads at this point I can't even make a facetious original post anymore. I can only facepalm.

search.php?keywords=x+realm&terms=all&a ... mit=Search

It has been suggested and beaten to death a hundred times over, it can not be fixed currently. The devs are working on it. Learn to use the search function.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Glaurung

Post#4 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:52 am

It's not mere words but a possible answer. If you have failed in your try it doesn't mean it's impossible to solve the problem.
PS Search is good, but may dead RIP
Last edited by Glaurung on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#5 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:52 am

While there are some players which play both sides of the coin, the major fluctuation in population can be attributed to something most people forget- morale. When people are getting stomped and it's a fair fight,bot they are getting ganked and they have lost faith, patience or organization they either rage quit entirely or go play another aspect of the game.
Last edited by NoRKaLKiLLa on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glaurung

Post#6 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:21 am

Fully agree with NoRKaLKiLLa and furhermore, if players suffer because of morale deficiency it's so crucial to relieve this suffering with delay for switching between realms into half an hour as a minimum.

Arobain

Post#7 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:44 am

soulcoffin wrote:Alas, they could be on multiple accounts and multiple devices......
yes people can have multiple accounts that is true, but not EVERYONE will make and play a 2nd account actively just to cross realm to get an easy win. many players would be less likely to x-realm, if they simply did put something to discourage it, such as what OP suggested, or even better, have it be put so if you go into RVR on 1 side, you cant participate in RVR on the other side for a short time, something like 30 minutes to 1 hour, that way if you want to get an easy win, you will have to switch in advance, but the good thing, it will still allow legit players to play characters of both factions and participate in rvr after a short period, this would not fix all problems, but it could prevent quick tipping of population for a quick def tick

just my 2 copper

HellKeeper

Post#8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:57 am

Glaurung wrote:On live official servers you could have characters only for one side - order or destruction. You could try both sides on different servers. But in RoR we have only one server. And if players have t4 characters for both sides, they prefer to play character for more powerfull and wining realm. Very often you can see that after total wipe on a castle siege the population of your realm is disappearing and a number of your enemies increasing fast. It's so-could x-realming. Players prefer to switch realm but not to do all their best to win. It spoils the game.
An other reason to prohibit realm-swithing is need to ensure more safety of your realm's military secrets. Any x-realmer can betray easily and give your warband's plans to the enemy party.
The way of x-realming is the way of treason and treachery. This phenomenon can't be eliminated completely, but it is possible to reduce it considerably by prohibiting realm switching on t4
I suggest to complicate cowards and traitors life, introducing a delay for switching between realms into half an hour. I believe that it will improve the situation with x-realming
Totally support you man, good that you raised this topic. But I would increase delay min 1 hour

Ads
Thornsectide

Post#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:01 am

Well, this is a private server. And I see a lot of difference with official : There are only 20% of players care about RR, and 80% - just play. I have IB on my account with DoK, and when I want to tank - I play IB, cause his armour look likes very cool ) I Like dwarf ) And I really don't care, who is winning now. Just casual, just play ;) So, relax and play!
THIS IS WARHAMMER!!!!!!!!! :D
Akzariel, DoK, RoR;
Thormenghast - Chaos - Eternal Crusade;
Litany_of_Destruction - MechWarrior Online;
Warhammer FB/40k/30k: 6000 pts Tomb Kings // 10000 pts Black Legion // 3500 pts Orks // 3000 pts Grey Knights // 3500 pts Sons of Horus

Shal

Post#10 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 am

here some funny quotes about an x realmer who think he brings force and balance.
~Carlthecuck, Filthy xrealmer

And here what he really does... stupid xrealm plague

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator