Recent Topics

Ads

Deep Dark Server Confessions

Let's talk about... everything else
Lektroluv
Suspended

Re: Deep Dark Server Confessions

Post#11 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:08 am

Agree with grumpbot, exposing what strategy are they going to follow, it is the worst idea posible.
Give them some more time, they created the server and made a really fast work with game bugs, i am sure everyone will be agree they made a great work with the server, and they will fight hard for it.

So, although all we really wanted to get back to the server , I'm sure the staff has still more desire than us.

Just be patient

Ads
Jaycub

Post#12 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:14 am

>strategy

This isn't like the matrix or hacker warfare lol

You can't stop a DDOS, you just get protection against it or you wait till it's over.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:54 am

I am not an expert in those things, i don't know anything about strategies for mitigate attacks, and i don't know what can help them: change protection, change server hosting company and location, some type of IP script for allow par numbers or impar numbers log in depending in a 5 minutes timer rotation, maybe they have a great idea and fix the problem, which would be included into that what we call strategy.

So, i will just be patient and will see how this advance.

Chadben1

Post#14 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:01 am

The DDoS is IP Tageted at the server am I right....why not change the servers IP address since its directed at a specific point. Set up a patch client file for Download for each time you run the RoR patcher ?? Dunno, I am sure the Devs are trying everything possible...

Dresden
Banned

Post#15 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:58 am

Osred wrote:
Dresden wrote:There has to be some serious money behind this ddos, how else could it go on for so long?
The kids parents are gonna freak when they see the power bill come in.
Tsk... assuming it's just a teen is always foolish...

It wouldn't surprise me if it was someone who was banned, they could be any age.

Hell, someone plural!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

ValeraNox

Post#16 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:29 am

they cant get any donations and other help, but must be some kind of way just to take money to 1 person of dev's team, its not a gift, its like paying of some sort of job. Becouse its only way to protect server a buy more powerful server or resourses, the fact is this server can never been up again.
Mahmoud - WH 40/57

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:02 am

We are in the process of getting better protection. We tried a few other configs on our end, which stopped the first wave and the server was back up for a few days. Then a different one came in that we haven't been able to address effectively with our current resources. DDOS is cheap at the small scale, so we're growing a bit to make sure that they'll be spending significantly more money to disrupt us in the future. I doubt anyone will bother us again.

Hopefully a few more days of being down and we should have it sorted. It's not really an issue of money, but trying to work with what we have and being pushed past the constraints we've been working with for the past 3 years. If people hadn't decided to be d!cks to us, then our current services probably would have been sufficient for a much longer time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Krieg92

Post#18 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:13 am

Awesome, thanks for giving some info!

Ads
ValeraNox

Post#19 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:13 am

thanks for clarify situation mate, server is to lond down im on depression now)
Mahmoud - WH 40/57

Martok

Post#20 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:45 am

Thank you for the update. I appreciate the work you guys are doing.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...