Recent Topics

Ads

WH need help! >:(

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vandoles

Re: WH need help! >:(

Post#11 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:05 pm

WH is quite useless until t4, you'll be able to kill some classes (with a good specc) but you'll always be quite sub-par, especially in orvr. Expect to suffer until you can have pistol whip and BAL. Some tips on specializing: punish the false build in early game will allow you to specc as a healdebuffer for groups, a confession build with shroud of magnus and repel blasphemy can make you an awesome mdps killer on the front lines (get r29 or so, go repel blasphemy, run riposte and righteous steel, keep shroud for when you get targeted by casters, go nuts on enemy doks).

Anyway, you also gotta focus on your gear and renown points to compete. + crit is absolutely key and grueling to get before t4.

My personal advice - powerlevel to 30 and then consider playing. I mean, let's face it, all the good hats start at r30 anyway and we all know you are playing the class for the bitching hats, as are we all.
Thelen wrote:How do the pro WHs spec their renown points? 30 points into crit and the rest into RD?
Crit, a little bit more crit, some more crit, crit again and then consider diversifying into moer freaking crit.

If you fancy yourself adventurous cleansing winds is amazing. I run cleansing winds and it's a godsent when focused by squigs or if you don't run shroud of magnus against sorcs. Sure, the lost crit sucks, but what can you do.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#12 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:45 pm

The person above is wrong. I got the hat from the T1 lair (along with the awesome bladed pistol) and have been rocking it late T2 so far. Been having fun in RvR, chasing WEs, trying to burst down Shamans/Squigs (sometimes succeeding) and being a general nuisance, all while looking bitchin'. Granted, I haven't tried the OP T3 bolster in the merged tier now but I can't imagine it would be much worse.

Bottom line, play the way you want to play. If you forcefully power-level through PvE, chances are you will hate it while you wouldn't mind the lower tier PvP being a bit biased towards ranged.

Vandoles

Post#13 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Well yeh, I did pretty fine in t2/t3 myself, doesn't mean you're kinda lacking some core abilities and have some core weaknesses. Like you can easily get outrun/outkited without a KD, which you don't have until pretty late. I mean, I assume you can play a naked chosen and have fun and kill some people, but that doesn't really mean you'll be useful, strong and better than other mdps :p

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#14 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 pm

ok , hi
Make sure to use blessed bullets , grab pistol whip , reposte , stre and toughness and heal pots , be patient , strike carefully , grab low armored enemies first , focus healers

blaqwar

Post#15 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Vandoles wrote:Well yeh, I did pretty fine in t2/t3 myself, doesn't mean you're kinda lacking some core abilities and have some core weaknesses. Like you can easily get outrun/outkited without a KD, which you don't have until pretty late. I mean, I assume you can play a naked chosen and have fun and kill some people, but that doesn't really mean you'll be useful, strong and better than other mdps :p
If I'm having fun that's all that matters. ;)

ZeroxMd

Post#16 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm also having some issues with survivability at level 11. Not even in RvR, I understand that I shouldn't be heading into a fight without backup and heals. PvE is the issue though, I can barelt fight 2 mobs at once, and after each fight against a single mob, I have to stand around and wait to recover half or more of my health, since I lost that much in the fight. It's such a pain, and not something I remember happening in retail. Am I missing something? Is the game missing something? Should I just reroll as something more survivable?

Vandoles

Post#17 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:53 pm

PvE? Nah, it's pretty much spot on.

You're really one of the worst (if not the worst) class to PvE on. Again, don't take it as if a WH cannot play in PvE, many of us have and we CAN, it again doesn't change the fact any other class is better at it.

To migitate how bad a WH is in PVE, you can run a confession specc. Unfortunately until about your r20s you won't see much of an improvement. Around r29 you'll be able to specc dragon gun aoe farm specc, at which point you'll happily engage 2-3 mobs at a time and come out on top, if you so wish. But until then, expect to have it hard if you want to grind your way up.

It's much easier to level through RvR. If you're lucky in roaming you can grab single kills worth 10-15% of your level. Use rested to your advantage here, solo kills near BOs are worth shitloads, with rested its worth twice shitloads.

If you have another class you want to level, you might want to powerlevel that, get some gold and ask someone to help you powerlevel your WH a little. Take you to champs somewhere, should take an hour or so to get past r20 when you can have at least repel blasphemy.

Sorry, WHs have to sacrifice some things for the bitching hats we get and I'm afraid PvE is one of them :)